Options

Leash - Studio Version

JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Just came up on my Itunes shuffle. Hadn't heard it in a couple months. And wow. I forgot how great this song sounds off of Vs. It was such a treat to hear it live twice in 06, but the studio version is so hard hitting it just blows my mind. Yeah it's a bit juvenile and the lyrics aren't the best, but it's still a great friggin song. Delight in our youth!!

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Couple of months??? I haven't heard it in about 5 years.. throwing it on now!
  • Options
    PappasPappas Posts: 809
    one of mikes greatest solo's, has a hard but happy vibe to it

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • Options
    HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    I feel too old for that song now, haha, but there is no doubt that Brendan did something special there. It's a song that you think ought to sound better live but no version has come close to the energy of the studio version. Sweet solo too.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Hebejebe wrote:
    I feel too old for that song now, haha, but there is no doubt that Brendan did something special there. It's a song that you think ought to sound better live but no version has come close to the energy of the studio version. Sweet solo too.
    Too old for Leash?

Never! :D
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Army & NavyArmy & Navy Posts: 120
    I'm coming to the conclusion that VS is quite possibly their greatest album. Leash is nowhere near the strongest song, but its f*ckin great.
  • Options
    jdwyer02jdwyer02 Posts: 110
    I think VS and VITALOGY are great followers after an album like TEN. I mean...WOW!!
    "Many people don't know what their life is worth. I do....70 Grand!"
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Hebejebe wrote:

I know, and I love the transition into Indifference; shows that PJ are actually artists.
    Another powerful song is Deep {Live} off the Dissident single - listening for the first time now. I hope they break out Deep at MSG this tour.
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    ten is the tape where i got into PJ, but VS. will always be my favorite trip of all. Just replaced my VS. CD for the 3rd time! :)
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    Leash live from Zurich 92 = Greatness!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 233
    One of the few songs I think are better in studio, but they deserve some slack for not playing it for so long.

I love how Ed yells "I'm right by your side".
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    SBC03SBC03 Posts: 502
    my fav song on my 1st spin. rmember my neighbor at the dorm room asking me. will never forget where/when i first heard the album.

fuck, why cant Doc be real?
    See this needle...a see my hand...
    Drop drop dropping it down...oh so gently...
    Well here it comes...I touch the plane...
    Turn me up...won't turn you away...
  • Options
    the energy in the song makes it great! I remember being blown away by it the first time i heard it, followed by indifference on the album is pretty cool too, near the end of the song your almost about to break something then its just.....calm down
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    "I am fuel, You are friends. We got the means to make amends. I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side, I am right by your side."

I love that little stanza!

Play Leash you pussies!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"