Options

I Call Bullshit!

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
they say this is a war against hezbollah? these numbers dont seem to show that at all...looks more like a war on the lebanese civilian population to me?

Israel's attacks on Lebanon have killed at least 617 people, including 524 civilians, 29 Lebanese soldiers and at least 53 Hezbollah guerrillas.

civialins = 524
hezbollah = 53

http://www.forbes.com/business/businesstech/feeds/ap/2006/08/07/ap2932326.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    we all know those numbers are accurate.
  • Options
    we all know those numbers are accurate.

read it for yourself

• Options
    I think the original poster either forgot or ignored that Hezbollah HIDES BEHIND civilians and even DRESS as civilians. Hmm.....
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    I think the original poster either forgot or ignored that Hezbollah HIDES BEHIND civilians and even DRESS as civilians. Hmm.....
    So the only - and I mean only - solution is to kill said civillians. That'll learn 'em.
  • Options
    floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    RainDog wrote:
    So the only - and I mean only - solution is to kill said civillians. That'll learn 'em.

I agree with your point but the original post is spinning it.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:

so the only solution is to quit firing on hezbollah militants dressing as civilians? That'll teach em..
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:
    To an extent, yes; but that's still a lot of civillians compared to combatants. And numbers like that will likely lead to the recruitment of more combatants in the future. This won't end well.
  • Options
    so the only solution is to quit firing on hezbollah militants dressing as civilians? That'll teach em..
    The solution is to quit firing missles and bombs at hezbollah militants. The solution, if it requires violence (and it may), is a Ground War. No precision guided missle or bomb will ever have the accuracy of a bullet.
  • Options
    I agree!
    my2hands wrote:
    they say this is a war against hezbollah? these numbers dont seem to show that at all...looks more like a war on the lebanese civilian population to me?

Israel's attacks on Lebanon have killed at least 617 people, including 524 civilians, 29 Lebanese soldiers and at least 53 Hezbollah guerrillas.

civialins = 524
    hezbollah = 53

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363

That's exactly it. It's Hezbollah that's inadvertantly killing the Lebanese....what a coward!!
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    That's exactly it. It's Hezbollah that's inadvertantly killing the Lebanese....what a coward!!

WTF?? Read up some before you go spewing cute little names like a school aged poster!
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    To an extent, yes; but that's still a lot of civillians compared to combatants. And numbers like that will likely lead to the recruitment of more combatants in the future. This won't end well.

Don't bother with this logic...it is to difficult for some around here to get through their heads......I've tried time after time....but they believe that the killing of innocents is a bad by-product of a greater good cause.....they are so wrong.....
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    WTF?? Read up some before you go spewing cute little names like a school aged poster!

Um, refer to post #4. Maybe YOU should read up.
  • Options
    zstillings wrote:

10-1 ratio is not a spin... i am attempting to ILLUMINATE the spin on your TV
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    10-1 ratio is not a spin... i am attempting to ILLUMINATE the spin on your TV

You're right about that. This line is spin.

"a war on the lebanese civilian population"

Would you consider Hezbollah to be against the Israeli government, Lebanese civilians or Israeli civilians?
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Since when have arabs cared about the deaths of their own civilians? ans: since the jews started killing them.
  • Options
    sponger wrote:
    Since when have arabs cared about the deaths of their own civilians? ans: since the jews started killing them.

thats just ridiculous
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    my2hands wrote:

civialins = 524
    hezbollah = 53

sorry, but it is a war on Hezbollah, they hid in civilian areas and civilians and their government lets them, I want the violence to end, but I don't blame Israel for their campaign, I don't agree with it though, whatever Israel accomplishes in diminishing Hezbollahs physical capibilities to wage war against them is temporary, because they have turned Hezbollah into the poster children for muslim extremists & anti-semmites, which means more money and more human sacrifices for their cause. This temporary fix is only going to escalate the next altercation into much worse.

Now, if the international community can figure a way to separate Syria and Iran on Hezbollah and help Lebanon's government be strong enough to actually govern all of Lebanon w/out Hezbollah interference, their may be a chance for peace.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    How 'bout this... have Israel dress the civilians... in uniforms. That way, anyone without a unifor is Hezbollah and it's okaty to kill them.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    sorry, but it is a war on Hezbollah, they hid in civilian areas and civilians and their government lets them, I want the violence to end, but I don't blame Israel for their campaign, I don't agree with it though, whatever Israel accomplishes in diminishing Hezbollahs physical capibilities to wage war against them is temporary, because they have turned Hezbollah into the poster children for muslim extremists & anti-semmites, which means more money and more human sacrifices for their cause. This temporary fix is only going to escalate the next altercation into much worse.

Now, if the international community can figure a way to separate Syria and Iran on Hezbollah and help Lebanon's government be strong enough to actually govern all of Lebanon w/out Hezbollah interference, their may be a chance for peace.
    Hey dude...
    This tactic is normal for the region. Look at Iraq... there is no way in hell to tell if the people smiling and greeting you and thanking you for liberating them from Hussein aren't the same ones burying I.E.D.s in the roadways. They alway hide amongst the population.
    And, as you said... the thing goes much deeper than Hezbollah, alone. And the solution is not going to come by war and occupation. It is a tough one to solve.
    Maybe the solution is to just let all of those assholes over there have it out and run the body count up into the millions before the ones remaining come to realize that LIFE is more importantant than Ideology.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    my2hands wrote:
    thats just ridiculous

It's also sad.

"When will there be peace in Lebanon? When the Lebanese start to love their children more than they hate each other."

-Richard Day, Professor of Psychology at the University of Beirut

They just think it's degrading to die at the hands of jews, that's all.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    The Israelis say they have the names of over 160 Hizbollah killed, and they estimate about 200 more dead.
    Hizbollah's total of 53 is total bullshit.
  • Options
    and what's the deal with Hezbollah? They're supposed to be a political party... what political party has an armed militia? Can you imagine if that were true over here?
    NOTE: Please do not answer the Nationalist Party in Germany. Hitler seized control of the German military once he got into power.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    seems like they are trying to wipe out the next generation of hezbollah and to scare the now hezbollah youth away from it.
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    smobeepjsmobeepj Posts: 58
    Anyone watch LinkTV. Its only on satiliete. It shows news from around the world with out the bullshit US media spin. Check it out if you haven;t already.
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792

What kind of excuse is that??? Civilians are still getting killed...no place to go what are they supposed to do?
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    Open wrote:
    What kind of excuse is that??? Civilians are still getting killed...no place to go what are they supposed to do?

I guess everyone should just wait for the baby Jesus/12th Imam to come flying down out of the sky in a chocolate covered, diamond studded chariot to whisk them away to a red cross station in Hawaii. (Circa the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina)

Oh wait…

I'm the one waiting for that to happen. :rolleyes: My bad.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL
  • Options
    hailhailkc wrote:
    I guess everyone should just wait for the baby Jesus/12th Imam to come flying down out of the sky in a chocolate covered, diamond studded chariot to whisk them away to a red cross station in Hawaii. (Circa the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina)

Oh wait…

I'm the one waiting for that to happen. :rolleyes: My bad.

Do you view the cililvians as hostages?
  • Options

I guess I do in a way. I view them as unwilling decoys or shields.
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582

To a certain extent, yes.

I also view them as capable people who need to take their country back from terrorists like Hezzbollah. They've allowed Hezzbollah to fester and root inside of their country, and now they have a huge mess on their hands that is directly causing them pain. That's not to say that I think, in any way shape or form, that the deaths of these civilians is acceptable. I never have. However, maybe it's time for the people of Lebanon to kick these terrorists out. Or at the very least, make an effort.
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL