Options

Couple at Center of Same Sex Marriage Case Splits

know1know1 Posts: 6,763
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/21/gaymarriage.separatio.ap/index.html

Seems as if gay marriages do just as much to bring down the so-called "sanctity of marriage" as heterosexual ones do....
The only people we should try to get even with...
...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    It's just a matter of equality, gays will fight, separate, fall in love, separate, get married, divorce etc. There's nothing really surprising there, marriage in most case don't work anyway.

Btw, anyone have stats about marriages and divorces, percentages and this kind of stuffs?
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    know1 wrote:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/21/gaymarriage.separatio.ap/index.html

Seems as if gay marriages do just as much to bring down the so-called "sanctity of marriage" as heterosexual ones do....

I laugh when I see "sanctity of marriage"....please do not get me wrong, when I get married I will stay true in all facets of marriage I am not a liar, nor would play with other persons emotions...but in todays perverted culture that phrase seems to be obsolete from meaning...on the topic though well if they can marry divorce should be an option.....
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I laugh when I see "sanctity of marriage"....please do not get me wrong, when I get married I will stay true in all facets of marriage I am not a liar, nor would play with other persons emotions...but in todays perverted culture that phrase seems to be obsolete from meaning...on the topic though well if they can marry divorce should be an option.....

Me too. I believe there should be a sanctity of marriage, but I don't believe that gay marriage is doing any harm to it that heterosexual marriage isn't already doing a hundredfold.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    know1 wrote:
    Me too. I believe there should be a sanctity of marriage, but I don't believe that gay marriage is doing any harm to it that heterosexual marriage isn't already doing a hundredfold.

Agree... I think if you want to marry someone and the feeling is mutual it should be respected....and i agree with your point about gay marriage doing any more harm than straight marriage....
  • Options
    The sanctity of marriage lies in the fact of two people being free to come together based on their own choices and standards. Divorce contributes to the sanctity of marriage by acknowledging that those choices and standards belong to those who make them and those who hold them. Ditto for gay marriage.
  • Options
    The sanctity of marriage lies in the fact of two people being free to come together based on their own choices and standards. Divorce contributes to the sanctity of marriage by acknowledging that those choices and standards belong to those who make them and those who hold them. Ditto for gay marriage.

That is the sanctitiy of self, not the sanctity of marriage. In marriage you become selfless, becoming one entity. Your choices now must be filtered by how it will effect both. Anything less isn't a true marriage.
  • Options
    That is the sanctitiy of self, not the sanctity of marriage.

That statment is redundant.
    In marriage you become selfless, becoming one entity.

:eek:

So would you say a marriage where one person's happiness is quadrupled and the other person's happiness is destroyed is just as good as a marriage where the happiness of both people are doubled?
    Your choices now must be filtered by how it will effect both. Anything less isn't a true marriage.

Now you're talking. "Effect both"...definitely. Because "both" implies two selfs, not just one.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    know1 wrote:

indeed.
    marriage is what you mkae of it, heterosexual or homosexual, makes no difference. some couples tay together for their entire lives, other couples split..it's just the way it goes, doesn't matter if you are gay and straight, it's simply about ALL being afforded the same rights/choices.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    the whole same sex marriage concept is just so stupid....all marriages are same sex, after you're married, every night is the same sex.
    speaking as a child of the 90's