Options

Accomplishments of the Bush Government

2»

Comments

• Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    Well I'm not a female or minority so I guess I do need to ask. So, what's your answer? Set them back 20 years is pretty big. I'd love to know how. By setting back minorities you must be refering to Bush's guest worker program that would allow illegal immigrants to continue for a certian amount of time, most likely three years, to work in the US. What a setback.

Simply amazing, the President creates the largest natural preserve to date, 100x larger then Yosemite, bigger then 46 of the 50 states, and your only comment is, "there must be something in it for him." Please I'm dying to know what it could be. What a joke.

actually the jokes on you, read any environmental politics books within the past few years and you will see what bush's true agenda is...give up? its greed. anyways nature preserve and bush what an oxymoron if i ever heard one. oh and acutally clinton set alot more environmental areas aside for preserve and once bush got into office he tried opening them up to loggers, you should read up on these things before typing.
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    I notice a couple of people put "no terrorist attack since 9/11." Of course Presidents Washington through Clinton can all say "no terrorist attack."

What about the first WTC bombing attack? I guess that wasn't a terrorist attack.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    jam_head wrote:
    actually the jokes on you, read any environmental politics books within the past few years and you will see what bush's true agenda is...give up? its greed. anyways nature preserve and bush what an oxymoron if i ever heard one. oh and acutally clinton set alot more environmental areas aside for preserve and once bush got into office he tried opening them up to loggers, you should read up on these things before typing.

Well said jamhead. I've generally found that people who support Bush can do so because they listen ONLY to what supports what they believe. They wouldn't know free thinking or open-mindedness if it jumped up and bit them much less do any extensive reading.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    lies, lies lies........

http://www.bushwatch.net/bushlies.htm
  • Options
    jam_head wrote:

Your right I guess the joke is on me. Someone asked what Bush had accomplished while in office and I simply mention that he created the largest natural preserve in our country. Maybe you can open up your books and see that all of Clinton's 11 new national monuments aren't as big as the 140,000 square mile monument Bush put in place. Maybe your books didn't mention that. You should get some new ones and then when you know what your talking about you can get on here and start ridiculing people.
  • Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    weenie wrote:
    I can't believe you're giving Bush credit for no attacks since 9/11. He must have accomplished that while spending so much time on his ranch. As for the rest of your list, how does any of that help me? The economy was stimulated for fat cats and the luxury market where they spend their excess cash. I think the phrase "Bush's accomplishments" is an oxymoron. PUN INTENDED.

I'm not sure what the ranch comment is supposed to mean. He's not the only President to take vacations. He's taken the most I beleive, beating Clinton's record, who beat Reagan's record. It's a pretty simple concept; as technology has advanced, the ability for the President to be "in the know" and accomplish tasks away from D.C. has increased. Your comment is rather petty.

I don't get how you don't see how it has helped you. Do you want the man to personally single you out and make your days brighter??

The economy is quite strong, and considering what he inherited, and what he dealt with domestically 9 months into office, I think he's due a fair amount of credit. Put your Kool-Aid down for a minute and enter reality.

- Dan
  • Options
    Commy wrote:

Cute. Amusing. Entertaining to a point.

Back to reality...
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    I notice a couple of people put "no terrorist attack since 9/11." Of course Presidents Washington through Clinton can all say "no terrorist attack."

It is laughable that you mention Clinton in a sentence which gives praise to President's lack of domestic terrorism attacks.

What do you think Al Quaeda was doing for those 8 years? Hmmmm?

- Dan
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Cute. Amusing. Entertaining to a point.

Back to reality...

care to enlighten us all with you're clear picture of reality? What has W done that's worth mentioneing...positives...please, enlighten.
  • Options
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    It is laughable that you mention Clinton in a sentence which gives praise to President's lack of domestic terrorism attacks.

What do you think Al Quaeda was doing for those 8 years? Hmmmm?

- Dan

During those eight years the republicans spent/stole $40 million taxpayer dollars investigating Clinton's private life. Then they screamed no war for Monica when Clinton was bombing Bin Laden's training camps in Afghanistan. During those eight years Clinton was stopping the Millenium attacks.

From (registered republican) Richard Clarke on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/25/clarke.lkl/

"In an interview Wednesday on CNN's "Larry King Live," Clarke said that "we'll never know" if the 9/11 terrorist attacks were preventable.

But he said the Clinton administration's approach to a similar threat before the turn of the millennium -- in which top officials held daily interagency meetings and actively sought out information from within their agencies -- shows that a similar approach might have worked.

He said that people within the FBI knew that two of the 19 hijackers were in the country before September 11, but that information never made its way up the chain of command.

"If Condi Rice had been doing her job and holding those daily meetings the way Sandy Berger did, if she had a hands-on attitude to being national security adviser when she had information that there was a threat against the United States ... [the information] would have been shaken out in the summer of 2001," he told King.

Samuel Berger was former President Clinton's national security adviser."
  • Options
    WMAWMA Posts: 175
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    I'm not sure what the ranch comment is supposed to mean. He's not the only President to take vacations. He's taken the most I beleive, beating Clinton's record, who beat Reagan's record. It's a pretty simple concept; as technology has advanced, the ability for the President to be "in the know" and accomplish tasks away from D.C. has increased. Your comment is rather petty.

I don't get how you don't see how it has helped you. Do you want the man to personally single you out and make your days brighter??

The economy is quite strong, and considering what he inherited, and what he dealt with domestically 9 months into office, I think he's due a fair amount of credit. Put your Kool-Aid down for a minute and enter reality.

- Dan
    I think your vacation totals are a bit off.

Carter had the least amount of all presidents with 79 days in 4 years, Clinton had a total of 152 in 8 years, Reagan had 335 in 8 years, Bush surpassed Reagan in his 5th year.
  • Options
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    We've gone unattacked since 9/11

Stay tuned, there's an election right around the corner.

BUSH-lager wrote:
    Tax cuts have proven to stimulate the economy.

that and all the money we've borrowed (under the radar) from the Saudis and the Chinese

BUSH-lager wrote:
    Border security has finally been looked at, albeit marginally. This isn't a huge win for the Bush camp, but at least a Prez finally looked at the issue and did SOMETHING.

I just "looked" at a broken chair of mine, yet it still isn't fixed.

BUSH-lager wrote:
    Supreme Court Justices. (You can't say this is a failure because YOU don't personally agree with his choice.) Most Americans approved of his final selections, and they both received Senate approval. That is a victory for any President.

would that be the same "most americans" that made Bush President? And big shock, a republican fascist majority approved republican fascist judges.

BUSH-lager wrote:
    Reformed bankrupcy laws.

which made it easier for big business to skate, harder for regular people to get out from under.

BUSH-lager wrote:
    Wish Social Security could be added, but in time hopefully.

social security money gambled on the stock market? Gotta wonder why this one died on the vine.
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Iraq has bogged this administration down.

nothing bogs you down more than a lot of dead bodies.
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    Oh, and he threw a PERFECT strike at Yankee Stadium in the World Series with everyone chanting U-S-A right after 9/11. Like him or hate him, that was one bad-ass cool moment for a President. :D

about as long as his approval ratings stayed afloat.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    BUSH-lager wrote:

- Dan

Spoken like a true self-RIGHTeous rightwinger. Thanks for reinforcing my earlier comments about morons. Have a LOVELY DAY!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    surferdude wrote:
    I prefer to think about the things that haven't happened with Bush in power. There's been no additional attacks on US or Canadian soil.

Acheivements may include border security being addressed in a measured manner. The economy is still chugging along. He's brought to light what the abysmal failure that is the UN. Tax cuts for the poor. Banning the federal funding of stem-cell research while there are no ethical guidelines in place. Great selections to the Supreme Court.

Many issues were brought to light for discussion; social security, immigration, foreign policy. These are issues that Clinton and co. didn't have time to even address, too busy getting the fat intern to undress.

Bush had nothing to do with the Emminent Domain ruling. You should be smarter than that.

His biggest failures have not been addressing environmental issues and the failure to lessen the gap between the rich and poor. While I don't agree with the war on Iraq I'll hold out on judging the outcome of it.

The gap between the rich and poor seem to be widening every where.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    He's killed the American dollar (great for Canadians travelling south :D)!

Honestly, with Bush in power, our dollar has never looked so good (well, not for a long time anyways).

I am in the States quite a bit, good for me. I saw PJ 3 times, saved lots of $$$.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon