Options

Drive and Die

RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
From http://www.cbc.ca

Well you know they did drop leaflets....I guess it somehow makes it justified....

The Israeli military stepped up its campaign against Hezbollah militants in an area of southern Lebanon on Tuesday, dropping leaflets that warned people not to drive or their vehicles would be shelled.

Any moving vehicle south of the Litani River will be destroyed, according to leaflets dropped by the Israeli military. (Lotfallah Daher/Associated Press) The leaflets, dropped in the city of Tyre, told people that Israeli troops planned to destroy any moving vehicles in an area south of the Litani River, about 30 kilometres from the Israeli-Lebanon border.

According to the leaflets, Israeli forces will assume that vehicles on roads in the area are transporting weapons for Hezbollah. Israeli forces have imposed an indefinite curfew on the area.

The Israeli security cabinet is expected to meet Wednesday to discuss a plan by the army to extend the ground operation further into Lebanon. Troops would advance as far as the Litani River.

Israeli Defence Minster Amir Peretz said Israel wants to occupy more areas of southern Lebanon to prevent Hezbollah rockets from being fired.

UN meets over draft for ceasefire

Meanwhile, United Nations diplomats gathered in New York to discuss a draft resolution to end the fighting that entered its 28th day on Tuesday.

The UN Security Council is expected to vote on the resolution on Wednesday.

Lebanon and its Arab allies have indicated that they want Israeli forces to withdraw from the country immediately as part of a ceasefire deal.

Hezbollah, Israeli troops battle in south

Fighting on the ground continued on Tuesday, with Israeli forces attempting to gain control of villages and sites used by Hezbollah in south Lebanon to launch rockets at northern Israel.

Israel pounded Hezbollah positions in south Lebanon. Israeli troops and Hezbollah exchanged gunfire near Bint Jbail, a village controlled by the militants that Israeli troops have been trying to capture for weeks.

The Israeli military said fighting near the village killed one of its soldiers and 15 Hezbollah militants. Hezbollah did not confirm the deaths.

Hezbollah TV reported that the militants attacked Israeli troops near the town of Naqoura, about three kilometres north of the Israeli-Lebanon border. The Israeli military said two of its reservists died in the attack.

Meanwhile, Hezbollah continued to fire at northern Israel, with about 90 rockets falling on cities and towns by Tuesday afternoon.

The conflict has left at least 643 dead in Lebanon and another 100 in Israel, according to the Associated Press. The Lebanese government has estimated that more than 1,000 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in Lebanon.
Related
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I have a question...
    If I read a leaflet and I loaded my family and our T.V. up my car to get the hell out of that hell hole... I would get bombed? What if I don't own a donkey cart... or a donkey? We're supposed to walk... AND carry that damn T.V?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I have a question...
    If I read a leaflet and I loaded my family and our T.V. up my car to get the hell out of that hell hole... I would get bombed? What if I don't own a donkey cart... or a donkey? We're supposed to walk... AND carry that damn T.V?

Yeah but you should understand that Israeli warplanes strike with the ultimate precision so there should be no concern, with you taking refuge in your home, that you will get bombed into oblivion....
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Yeah but you should understand that Israeli warplanes strike with the ultimate precision so there should be no concern, with you taking refuge in your home, that you will get bombed into oblivion....
    Oh... I'm not worried about my house... I know i'm not a terrorist.
    Now, my neighbor... I make it my business to stay out of other people's business... but that "Usama For President" sticker on his car worries me. They're just going to blow up his house, right?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Oh... I'm not worried about my house... I know i'm not a terrorist.
    Now, my neighbor... I make it my business to stay out of other people's business... but that "Usama For President" sticker on his car worries me. They're just going to blow up his house, right?

You see the beauty in modern weaponary is the emmaculate precison of the swift killing stroke...my friend they will certainly hit your neighbour but you can go ahead with supper as there is nothing for you to worry about....precision I tell you...simply beautiful......