Options

Hypothetical Question: If Israel/Lebanon/Maybe Syria gets Ugly...

RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Would you support your nation becoming involved in this circus we call the Middle East....not discussing Iraq though...specifically this conflict....

This is completely a hypothtical question.

I would be 100,000% against my country sending one soldier into something like this...and that includes "peacekeepers"....

Just came to mind because it looks like this thing might get messy really quick....which I hope to whatever power is out there that things get resolved peacefully and that the real bad guys on either side face the fatal reprecussions and not innocent bystanders...just sick of all the violence over there all ready...both sides are moronic....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    I can no longer support any violence and chaos, whatsoever. I can no longer support the cycles of abuse, dominance and submission. Including as "peacekeepers". Each act of support is what fuels the violence and chaos we have all around us. Not one act is excusable.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I hope not. I speak as a dual citizen from the U.S. and Canada.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    I can no longer support any violence and chaos, whatsoever. I can no longer support the cycles of abuse, dominance and submission. Including as "peacekeepers". Each act of support is what fuels the violence and chaos we have all around us. Not one act is excusable.

I share the same thought, as well our Canadian "peacekeeping" missions of the past couple years have really lost the peace aspect of it all....
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Would you support your nation becoming involved in this circus we call the Middle East....not discussing Iraq though...specifically this conflict........

No. Not at all.

I didn't support the invasion of Iraq, why would I support this crap?
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    No. Not at all.

I didn't support the invasion of Iraq, why would I support this crap?

Because I really fear, mostly for your nation...that if this "war" gets expanded to include Syria there is a betting chance your country may get involved and if that the case I wouldn't be surprised if my country followed...thats what really worries me as of now....I don't want to see any more people die because of the selfish desires of a few....
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    ....I don't want to see any more people die because of the selfish desires of a few....

Then we are in agreement.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    NO! They're all idiots over there. Let them wipe eachother off the face of the earth. I want no part of it. If you're over there and reading this, it would probobly be a better idea to just leave and start over in a more peaceful environment. If you want to stay and fight, good luck.
  • Options
    denverfandenverfan Posts: 218
    You know what I've been thinking about...why not just let them go at it??? Just let them fight it out and whomever is standing in the end wins? It's been a struggle for 100's of years, why not just let the head burst?

I don't advocate violence but diplomacy is a joke! What other alternative is there?
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity but they've always worked for me." Gonzo

'If my fuckin' ex-wife told me to take care of her dog while her and her new boyfriend went to Honolulu, I'd tell her to go fuck herself." -The Dude

Whisky Drinker, Non-Hunter from Denver.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    No I would not support the US getting involved. If Hezbollah/Israel/Hamas want to kill each other then so be it. It is fairly obvious that neither of these three parties is even remotely interested in peace.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    mammasan wrote:
    No I would not support the US getting involved. If Hezbollah/Israel/Hamas want to kill each other then so be it. It is fairly obvious that neither of these three parties is even remotely interested in peace.
    dam right
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    I akin it to walking right up to a pair of complete strangers who are married during a vicious public argument and try to tell them both what to do, and how to behave. What an insane concept.

You will then become the target of their combined anger they and will tell you to get the F--- out!, in no uncertain terms, then continue to argue stronger than ever. What's even worse is if you start picking sides (US/Israel)

Now if you tell them you love them and it hurts you to see them that way, they might stop for a bit and think, however, you cannot approach them with any kind of authority and hope to achieve a solution of any kind. With repeated efforts of compassion you may accomplish some of what you set out to do.

The superior minds in gov't office don't understand this?

I think they do understand this concept but their agenda is to actually create animosity not prevent or even try to defuse it.

I am but one man with one mind. Gov't is many (supposedly) brilliant minds. So how is it I can see this simple concept but they cannot?

Let's not fool ourselves as to what's really going on here with this glorious (cough...puke) peace loving war machine.
  • Options
    DMITCH8080DMITCH8080 Posts: 18
    I just got back from work and have no clue what has happened today. I read the news on my cellphone and it stated that the white house is not happy w/ the massive assault that isreal has undertaken. They are upset that isreal is bombing infastructire and killing insocent people and so forth. I think it stated the the US may issue sanctions or whatever against Isreal! Also I think the have told Isreal point blank they are not interested to get involved in this huge mess.

Can anybody verify or supply more info?
  • Options
    I hate to say it but I think this whole ordeal is going to be big...fuck I hope I am wrong...Hezbollah just smashed an unmanned aircraft filled with explosives into an Israeli ship...crazy shit brewing people....

Hezbollah leader proclaimed Israel better be prepared for open war....israeli general said they will take the fight through-out Lebanon....
  • Options
    What is going on with a threat by Syria to destroy Ireali nuclear facilities...I heard some shit about that....Anybody?
  • Options
    DMITCH8080 wrote:
    What is going on with a threat by Syria to destroy Ireali nuclear facilities...I heard some shit about that....Anybody?

Yeah I seen that....well may as well have a party....
  • Options
    Yeah I seen that....well may as well have a party....

Great!!!!
  • Options
    I akin it to walking right up to a pair of complete strangers who are married during a vicious public argument and try to tell them both what to do, and how to behave. What an insane concept.
    In psychological terms it's the rescuer/victim/persecutor triangle that many of us live our lives in. First we try to be the heroes--the rescuer. Then we find no one appreciates our attempts to save them....and we take on the victim role. Finally, we get fed up and we become the persecutor and give ourselves license to do unthinkable deeds. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy many of us sign up for in all kinds of ways. When we see these cycles playing out endlessly on the world stage, you'd think we'd start realising that our only option is the even playing field, where everyone is let to solve their own problems. Necessity is the mother of invention.
    I am but one man with one mind. Gov't is many (supposedly) brilliant minds. So how is it I can see this simple concept but they cannot?
    In my opinion you have more natural insight than our leaders who apparently cannot see the forest for the trees. Our leaders are just men and women. Many times, the truly brilliant minds do not become our leaders, because their thought processes are beyond the "norm" and therefore the masses won't resonate to what such minds see or talk about in theory. The brilliant people learn to follow the inner voice to find their own particular contribution within society. They are all around us. Unfortunately, many don't even recognise themselves. Others are struggling to maintain their balance against the slings and arrows from those who don't understand.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    In psychological terms it's the rescuer/victim/persecutor triangle that many of us live our lives in. First we try to be the heroes--the rescuer. Then we find no one appreciates our attempts to save them....and we take on the victim role. Finally, we get fed up and we become the persecutor and give ourselves license to do unthinkable deeds. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy many of us sign up for in all kinds of ways. When we see these cycles playing out endlessly on the world stage, you'd think we'd start realising that our only option is the even playing field, where everyone is let to solve their own problems. Necessity is the mother of invention.

In my opinion you have more natural insight than our leaders who apparently cannot see the forest for the trees. Our leaders are just men and women. Many times, the truly brilliant minds do not become our leaders, because their thought processes are beyond the "norm" and therefore the masses won't resonate to what such minds see or talk about in theory. The brilliant people learn to follow the inner voice to find their own particular contribution within society. They are all around us. Unfortunately, many don't even recognise themselves. Others are struggling to maintain their balance against the slings and arrows from those who don't understand.

You speak (well you know what I mean) so well...just from reading your posts...very intelligent...anyhow thats a very insightful view....so are you simply saying that some are so brilliant that what they preceive cannot be transmitted properly because the lack of brilliance by the majority....
  • Options
    You speak (well you know what I mean) so well...just from reading your posts...very intelligent...anyhow thats a very insightful view....so are you simply saying that some are so brilliant that what they preceive cannot be transmitted properly because the lack of brilliance by the majority....
    Yes, and when one is, say, more insightful than 70% of the population, one has probably spent the better part of their life being told their base ideas are "out there" or worse yet: wrong by the majority who is "right". If you remember the story of the Princess and the Pea, once upon a time, those who were born with good genetics were recognised by their sensitivity and awareness. Now that the masses have the power, the sensitive and evolutionary frontrunners are treated from early up like there is something wrong with them. And for many, they have developed "something wrong with them" in terms of addictions and so on, in order to pick up the slack of the misunderstood potential. It's going on all around us.

Therefore our brilliant people who were not raised in emotionally supportive environments, and who therefore did not develop a base sense of knowing who they are deep inside, are probably off learning through life's journey of hard knocks, how to come into their true power. Some don't make it. Others find the way and work behind the scenes. Others become frontrunners in their communities, working tirelessly in helping where they are drawn.

edit: when I say our brilliant people who were not raised in emotionally supportive environments, I mean as opposed to the brilliant who were raised in emotionally healthy ways, and who come into their natural potency more smoothly, and outlet their potential without having to go the hard knocks route.

• Options
    Would you support your nation becoming involved in this circus we call the Middle East....not discussing Iraq though...specifically this conflict....

I would be 100,000% against my country sending one soldier into something like this...and that includes "peacekeepers"....

Just came to mind because it looks like this thing might get messy really quick....which I hope to whatever power is out there that things get resolved peacefully and that the real bad guys on either side face the fatal reprecussions and not innocent bystanders...just sick of all the violence over there all ready...both sides are moronic....

We are involved as suppliers at a rate of $1.8 billion yearly in military aid to Israel.
  • Options
    CommyCommy Posts: 4,984
    We are involved as suppliers at a rate of $1.8 billion yearly in military aid to Israel.

Yeah, it's US gunships Israel is using to fire on the Palestinians, US bullets, tanks, equpment. We are very involved in this conflict. Israel has been called a US mililtary base in the middle east on more than one occasion-and they do the US bidding, for the most part.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    angelica wrote:

Angelica,

What can I say but thanks. I just feel like me, I can't imagine being different than myself, or what that would be like. I am always learning and making mistakes - I would like to think mostly learning though :)

Lately what I have come to realize is that I love everyone here, and in my life, no matter how they act or react towards me. I feel this is the single most important quality I can possess as a person, and it gives me the most happiness in the long run.

Something good is happening inside me, and I like it.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

but the us always has to try and play peaceMAKER...

and tell people how and what they should do...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I don't believe in helping any side that acts with violence first.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    I don't believe in helping any side that acts with violence first.
    Do you believe in using violence, though?