Options

Has Israel Accomplished Anything?

RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
No really I mean it....cause I don't see what they have...and would like someone to explain to me how productive this massive attack is and how its worth the lives of innocent people.....and do you honestly believe this will improve Mid-East tensions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    No, they haven't. I find Arab/Islamic terrorism to be completely and utterly loathesome, but I'll be the first person to admit that Isreal is not going about this fight the right way, at all.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    they started the push for war w/ iran
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    No, they haven't. I find Arab/Islamic terrorism to be completely and utterly loathesome, but I'll be the first person to admit that Isreal is not going about this fight the right way, at all.

What they have accomplished is future terrorism in their country...now I hope they don't continue to ask why?

And the cycle will happen again....
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    they started the push for war w/ iran

What are you talking about? Iran has been the one making all the inane map-wiping remarks lately.
  • Options
    FiveB247xFiveB247x Posts: 2,330
    Win the "battle" while losing the war. They'll be a new group with the same objectives and impact waiting in line.
    CONservative governMENt

Our government is the potent, the omnipresent teacher. For good or for ill, it teaches the whole people by its example. Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law-breaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy. - Louis Brandeis
  • Options
    What they have accomplished is future terrorism in their country...now I hope they don't continue to ask why?

One would hope that eventually, someone puts these pieces together. There's a time and a place to use the IDF. That place isn't in Lebanon, where all the targets that can be hit are civilian ones.
  • Options
    To add-in I hope people realize that these attacks just created at least 1000 future suicide bombers/bin Ladens/whatever you want to label them...good job boys...mission accomplished.....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135

This line of thinking really bothers me. Unless you bend over and take missles up the ass you are inviting future terrorism. That's bullshit. If they had done nothing, it also would have invited terrorism in the future. Hell, I have no idea how they stop terrorism in their country considering their neighbors want to exterminate the jewish people.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    While the price paid by innocent people in Lebanon cannot be worth anything,
    what the Israeli's did accomplish was getting across a very simple message that they intended to convey:

The next time one of you countries gets wind that a terror group such as Hezbollah is not only operating , but planning an attack on us,.........you may just want to step in before it happens and do something about it
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    This line of thinking really bothers me. Unless you bend over and take missles up the ass you are inviting future terrorism. That's bullshit. If they had done nothing, it also would have invited terrorism in the future. Hell, I have no idea how they stop terrorism in their country considering their neighbors want to exterminate the jewish people.

You will never end violence, regardless of which side you are on in the future this will happen again.....but the same remedy has been used each and every time lets go bomb the other guys...it has not worked.....something else needs to be done...there will always be bad apples....you don't think 9/11 created a few military nut jobs do sadistic things to the other side (theirs photos to prove it)...both sides need to stop....you just can't put blame on one side and bomb them...94% of the dead in Lebanon are civilains ...thats gonna create more bombers than diplomacy will anyday....if you aren't willing to believe that then I dont know what more I can say to you....Im not supporting their actions but I am not gonna sit back calmly watching people on here give their war cry for one side and who are not willing to look into BOTH sides of the story....
    You have your belief and I have mine...and the sad truth neither seem to be working....now that is what gets me....
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    No really I mean it....cause I don't see what they have...and would like someone to explain to me how productive this massive attack is and how its worth the lives of innocent people.....and do you honestly believe this will improve Mid-East tensions?

The only thing I can see these attacks accomplishing is turning a nation that was at peace with Israel, who was breaking away from Syrian influence into a nation of potential Hezbollah recruits. Hezbollah knew what Israel's response would be and Israel played right into their hands.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    While the price paid by innocent people in Lebanon cannot be worth anything,
    what the Israeli's did accomplish was getting across a very simple message that they intended to convey:

The next time one of you countries gets wind that a terror group such as Hezbollah is not only operating , but planning an attack on us,.........you may just want to step in before it happens and do something about it

Does this line of thinking apply to Pakistan. Al Qaida is still operating within their borders. They refuse to allow US troops permission to search the Pashtun region in search of Al Qaida leadership. So if another Al Qaidaattack goes off should we start bombing Pakistani civilian targets?
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    mammasan wrote:
    The only thing I can see these attacks accomplishing is turning a nation that was at peace with Israel, who was breaking away from Syrian influence into a nation of potential Hezbollah recruits. Hezbollah knew what Israel's response would be and Israel played right into their hands.

Yeah, they weren't full of Hezbollah recruits already. I'm not sure what hte best response would have been...but I am certain doing nothing was not it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Yeah, they weren't full of Hezbollah recruits already. I'm not sure what hte best response would have been...but I am certain doing nothing was not it.

Who said they should do nothing? I don't understand that line of thinking. If your not bombing the living shit out of the country you are doing nothing. Can you honestly tell me thatthe innocent Lebanese citizens deserve this. And before you even say it, no the Israel citizens don't deserve it either. I feel like I'm going to fucking explode because I keep seeing the same crap on here, not directed at you. No one is saying that Israel should just sit back and take it like a pussy, but they have gone to far. The Lebanese government had no hand in the kidnapping of the two soldiers or the missle attacks on Northern Israel so why them is Israel punishing them? Arepeople so consumed with hatred that they can't see that innocent civilians are being killed here. Lebanon was a soveirgn nation who did no harm to Israel. Could theyhave done more to expell Hezbollah militants from thier country? Yes, but so couls almost ever Arab/Muslim nation. Look at Pakistan. Al Qaidastill operates within their borders and they do nothing and will not allow us to do anything. Do you see us attacking innocent Pakistani's because of this. Saudi Arabia samething. They still have mahdras that preach utter hatred towards the US and the West. Do we drop bombs on Mecca and Riyahd (sp?)?
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    mammasan wrote:
    Does this line of thinking apply to Pakistan. Al Qaida is still operating within their borders. They refuse to allow US troops permission to search the Pashtun region in search of Al Qaida leadership. So if another Al Qaidaattack goes off should we start bombing Pakistani civilian targets?

Let's look at this realistically shall we? Pakistan's population almost revolted and overthrew Musharraf for him helping us in Afghanistan. That's the difference here. He played both sides, but he cannot go any further, or he is out. He most likely agreed to give the US logistical support for the mission, but made it very clear that anything within his own borders, would be dealt with by his government, not ours. At the time, we did'nt even know if he would allow our planes to use his airspace. So we probably took what we could get. If we invaded his country directly afterwards, to go get Bin Laden,
    that would have gotten very ugly. In his defense, he is the one who turned over Khalid Sheik Mohammed, so the effort is there, if not full-forced.

As for Israel. If it were Pakistan, they would be bombing them relentlessly right now given the same circumstances. We do not handle things exactly the same way, in case you have'nt noticed, so your question is a little bit dis-similar.
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    DCGARDEN wrote:
    Let's look at this realistically shall we? Pakistan's population almost revolted and overthrew Musharraf for him helping us in Afghanistan. That's the difference here. He played both sides, but he cannot go any further, or he is out. He most likely agreed to give the US logistical support for the mission, but made it very clear that anything within his own borders, would be dealt with by his government, not ours. At the time, we did'nt even know if he would allow our planes to use his airspace. So we probably took what we could get. If we invaded his country directly afterwards, to go get Bin Laden,
    that would have gotten very ugly. In his defense, he is the one who turned over Khalid Sheik Mohammed, so the effort is there, if not full-forced.

As for Israel. If it were Pakistan, they would be bombing them relentlessly right now given the same circumstances. We do not handle things exactly the same way, in case you have'nt noticed, so your question is a little bit dis-similar.

My point being that a government, weither it's Lebanon's or Pakistan's, is limited to what it can do against these organizations. I'm willing to bet that Hezbollah is either equaly armed or better armed that the Lebanese military. Lebanon's government is proabaly in a similar situation to that of Pakistan's when it comes to dealing with Hezbollah, so is it fair to blame them for Hezbollah's actions simply because Hezbollah operates within Lebanon's borders and Lebanon may be somewhat powerless to do much about it.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    My point being that a government, weither it's Lebanon's or Pakistan's, is limited to what it can do against these organizations. I'm willing to bet that Hezbollah is either equaly armed or better armed that the Lebanese military. Lebanon's government is proabaly in a similar situation to that of Pakistan's when it comes to dealing with Hezbollah, so is it fair to blame them for Hezbollah's actions simply because Hezbollah operates within Lebanon's borders and Lebanon may be somewhat powerless to do much about it.

The Lebanese army is much larger and better equipped than Hezbollah, although the latter has more combat experience. The problem is the likely reaction of Lebanon's Shi'ite population should any action be taken ... The army itself contains many Shi'ites. The Lebanese government is basically being held hostage by its own people, by my reckoning.
  • Options
    The Lebanese army is much larger and better equipped than Hezbollah, although the latter has more combat experience. The problem is the likely reaction of Lebanon's Shi'ite population should any action be taken ... The army itself contains many Shi'ites. The Lebanese government is basically being held hostage by its own people, by my reckoning.

I wasn't aware of the actually size of the Lebanese military, thank you for clarifying that for me, but I had a feeling that there was a sizable amount of people in Lebanon who favor Hezbollah over the majority government especially in the southern part of the country.