Happy 4th of July!

Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Hope you're all having a brilliant one :)

Celebrate all that's wonderful about your country and leave all the arguments til tomorrow.

So for one day I'm gonna say thanks America for all the good things you've given the world. Thanks for allowing so many of our people to settle and live together - keep embracing eachother and make America an even better place than it already is.
The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
Verona??? it's all surmountable
Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
Wembley? We all believe!
Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
Chicago 07? And love
What a different life
Had I not found this love with you
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i was going to be nice and say have a great day or something to all our Yankee cousins, but not one of them wished me a Happy St. Andrews day so they can all fuck off... ;);)

i hope it rains a lot to... or even snows with big hailstones as well...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    happy day off!
  • Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    Hope you're all having a brilliant one :)

Celebrate all that's wonderful about your country and leave all the arguments til tomorrow.

So for one day I'm gonna say thanks America for all the good things you've given the world. Thanks for allowing so many of our people to settle and live together - keep embracing eachother and make America an even better place than it already is.
    damn helen, you're irish... do you send seasons greetings according to all the nations and religions? :P (joking)
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Puck78 wrote:
    damn helen, you're irish... do you send seasons greetings according to all the nations and religions? :P (joking)

Only the ones that make a big deal of it :p

Nah, just kidding... they all wished me and everyone a happy paddys day so I genuinely hope they're all having a brilliant time. And it Is a brilliant country quite a lot of the time so what's wrong with celebrating THAT for one day of the year? There's a whole other 364 to bitch about what's wrong.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • siochansiochan Posts: 304
    Only the ones that make a big deal of it :p

Nah, just kidding... they all wished me and everyone a happy paddys day so I genuinely hope they're all having a brilliant time. And it Is a brilliant country quite a lot of the time so what's wrong with celebrating THAT for one day of the year? There's a whole other 364 to bitch about what's wrong.

I agree with you Helen, The USA is actually quite a wonderful place to be most of the time and even though i'm the strongest advocate of speaking out against the governments actions so does half the population of the country ... but this should not ideally overshadow the positives ....

There should be at least one day of the year set aside to remind people of that declaration made all those years ago - It is a good foundation but just like everything people depart from their roots and often need a wee reminder of what they are.....

So Happy 4th of July to all those you are celebrating it !!!
    " You cannot throw a rope around the neck of an idea" .....Bobby Sands.
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    taking my parents advice into consideration.....its a time for celebration....i'm going to enjoy this one day and night of celebrating: walking around Philly, taking a walk in the old colonial neighboorhoods, seeing the underground railroads, going to old city, and watching the fireworks at penn's landing by the river.

check this out for more fun stuff to celebrate good things about history around you.....

http://local.msn.com/special/patrioticsites.asp
    I need to finish writing.
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Thanks HH!!!
    I have to work tonight, so I'll miss the fireworks. I had off the last 3 4th of July's, so I guess it is my turn. My daughter is in the parade this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to see her and get some pics!

Happy 4th of July, everybody! :D
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    that's cool - thanks Helen !

Happy Birthday USA !! Keep it safe everyone.............
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Thanks HH!!!
    I have to work tonight, so I'll miss the fireworks. I had off the last 3 4th of July's, so I guess it is my turn. My daughter is in the parade this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to see her and get some pics!

Happy 4th of July, everybody! :D
    Aw no! That's like working Paddy's day, I've had to do it before and it's shit! Hope you got to see your daughter?

Right well that's that then ya pile of warmongering bastards :p

Just kidding of course... I still love yas ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life