Options

Hezbollah Warns Civilians to Leave Haifa

jsandjsand Posts: 646
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060809/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_fighting_nasrallah_4;_ylt=Aht_kU35p.Q89k5k_AfZrpYUvioA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Arab civilians, that is:

"I have a special message to the Arabs of Haifa, to your martyrs and to your wounded. I call on you to leave this city. I hope you do this. ... Please leave so we don't shed your blood, which is our blood," Nasrallah said.

How thoughtful.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I have to admit, though, he's a hell of a politician. Now all of his supporters can say that he tried to do the right thing.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    I have to admit, though, he's a hell of a politician. Now all of his supporters can say that he tried to do the right thing.

Yeah, the right thing. Killing jewish people only :)

I guess that should shut the hell up the people who claimed Hizbullah & Iran only want to destroy the state of Israel (as if that one isn't bad enough), not it's (jewish) people.
  • Options
    shiraz wrote:
    Yeah, the right thing. Killing jewish people only :)

I guess that should shut the hell up the people who claimed Hizbullah & Iran only want to destroy the state of Israel (as if that one isn't bad enough), not it's (jewish) people.

No, it won't shut them up. They'll inevitably have some ridiculous retort...just wait.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    jsand wrote:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060809/ap_on_re_mi_ea/mideast_fighting_nasrallah_4;_ylt=Aht_kU35p.Q89k5k_AfZrpYUvioA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Arab civilians, that is:

"I have a special message to the Arabs of Haifa, to your martyrs and to your wounded. I call on you to leave this city. I hope you do this. ... Please leave so we don't shed your blood, which is our blood," Nasrallah said.

How thoughtful.
    I really like grilled cheese sandwiches. Nothing fancy... just a thick slice of cheddar between two slices of plain white bread and tossed in the broiler.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I really like grilled cheese sandwiches. Nothing fancy... just a thick slice of cheddar between two slices of plain white bread and tossed in the broiler.

So that's the best you could do?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    So that's the best you could do?
    No... I really like tuna sandwiches, too. But, instead of mixing in sweet relish... Dill Relish. And toss in a handful of sunflower seeds and mayonaise... it's really quite good... you should try it some time.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    No... I really like tuna sandwiches, too. But, instead of mixing in sweet relish... Dill Relish. And toss in a handful of sunflower seeds and mayonaise... it's really quite good... you should try it some time.

Mmmm. That sounds good! But I'm not sure why we're on food.
    We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
  • Options

We're apparently on food because it appears that the article I posted may effectively stifle any opportunity for people such as Cosmo to claim moral equivalence between Hezbollah and Israel (although I still doubt it).
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    We're apparently on food because it appears that the article I posted may effectively stifle any opportunity for people such as Cosmo to claim moral equivalence between Hezbollah and Israel (although I still doubt it).
    I think you need to have a grilled cheese sandwich.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Oh, and... you know that ready mixed salad they make for lazy people like me? Put your favorite ready mixed salad greens and sliced dill pickles and grated Monterey Jack cheese and your favorite bread. It is really good... really.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Oh, and... you know that ready mixed salad they make for lazy people like me? Put your favorite ready mixed salad greens and sliced dill pickles and grated Monterey Jack cheese and your favorite bread. It is really good... really.

You know? My first reaction was yuck, but the more I think about it, the more I buy it.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    The man is revolting, to be sure. I kind of doubt that most Israeli Arabs will take him up on his offer, though.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    The man is revolting, to be sure. I kind of doubt that most Israeli Arabs will take him up on his offer, though.

Now what the hell does this post have to do with food?
    ----

whatever salad, as long as it has some italian olive oil.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

Arab civilians, that is:

How thoughtful.

Should have dropped leaflets...maybe to some that would provide justifcation.....Nasralleh can stick a twig up his ass IMHO...for that matter so can Olmert as well.....
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    jsand wrote:

No they are BOTH IMMORAL....Israel is not too far from Hezbollah after this episode! Unfortunately you guys wont shut up and will keep using the we're the victim bs.
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    I wonder where Hez got that novel idea -- warning civilians -- huh? How noble! Wonder if they could extend that same courtesy to the folks in the building right next to 'em, neh?

I actually had a club sandwich today, only it wasn't turkey -- seared Ahi, with onions, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo -- avocado would have made it perfect!
    [sic] happens