Options

How to Confront Extremism in Muslim Society...

jsandjsand Posts: 646
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Demand observance of Islamic holidays and institute Sharia law!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=400605&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

Vomit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ???????????
  • Options
    You choose to live in a country it is under the rules set out by that country....no different IMHO....soon everyone will be asking for their own personal holidays....ridicoulous...dont move to the place if you do not appreciated their laws.....
  • Options
    You choose to live in a country it is under the rules set out by that country....no different IMHO....soon everyone will be asking for their own personal holidays....ridicoulous...dont move to the place if you do not appreciated their laws.....

I agree. What's crazier to me is that they are using the terrorism and extremism as a means to change the law to Sharia. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    ???????????

Wow, not egotisitcial at all are you?

Nobody responds, so you bump it up. Mmmm. Maybe you have nothing to say?

As for the Daily Mail....well, Id be interested to hear your view on there support for Oswald Mosley and the anti-semtitic Fascist Party he ran in the 30's and 40's.

Really, if you knew England, you wouldnt quote the Daily Mail in a debate over race. Credibility, open window, windy day...string them together.
    The world's greatest empires progress through this sequence:From bondage to spiritual faith; spiritual faith to great courage; courage to liberty;liberty to abundance;abundance to selfishness; selfishness to complacency;complacency to apathy;apathy to dependence;dependency back again into bondage
  • Options
    Wow, not egotisitcial at all are you?

Wahhhh. Mods, silverstain attacked me. He implied that I'm egotistical.

Little baby.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    I agree. What's crazier to me is that they are using the terrorism and extremism as a means to change the law to Sharia. Unbelievable.

Yeah people go too far I tell you that...this is really a pet peeve to me. Those that goto another country which was founded on varying principles and people complain about them as not being fair....well I ask if I goto your country will Christmas be a public holiday...and what would become of me using threats to make it a holiday?

I dunno I really hate people complaining about a country they chose to move to...drives me right up the wall.....
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,374

We are in total agreement.
  • Options
    NMyTree wrote:
    We are in total agreement.

Like I said nothing gets me going like this type of crap.....
  • Options
    Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 319
    jsand wrote:
    Wahhhh. Mods, silverstain attacked me. He implied that I'm egotistical.

Little baby.

Tell me more about Siniora and his responbility for not disarming Hizbollah 5 years ago.
  • Options
    Human Tide wrote:
    Tell me more about Siniora and his responbility for not disarming Hizbollah 5 years ago.

Still on that, I see. Lebanon's government, whether it was Siniora or anyone else, was responsible for disarming Hezbollah. I'll ask you a question in return:

What actions did Siniora take to disarm Hezbollah, if any, when he came into office?

By the way, why did you post that question here?
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Still on that, I see. Lebanon's government, whether it was Siniora or anyone else, was responsible for disarming Hezbollah. I'll ask you a question in return:

What actions did Siniora take to disarm Hezbollah, if any, when he came into office?

I posted it here because you never replied to the other 3 threads where I've posted it. You made a significant and telling mistake, yet didn't even bother to acknowledge it.

The point was that you were casting blame on the current Lebanese governement for not dealing with Hizbollah 5 years ago, which displayed a profound ignorance of the political situation in Lebanon. Apparently you weren't paying any attention to the whole "cedar revolution" that included the Syrian withdrawal from Lebanon and the victory of the anti-Syrian groups in the parlimentary elections. From that it's clear that you are also unaware of the divide in Lebanese society regarding Hizbollah. There was, and still is a very significant portion of the country that does want Hizbollah's militia disarmed or incorporated into the Lebanese army.

To the question of Siniora's role in Lebanese politics over the last year, one should simply look at his position. He did not become the Prime Minister until after the victory by anti-Syrian candidates in the parlimentary elections. He actually accepted the role of forming a government that was to be dominated by anti-Syrian members. This, in and of itself, is indicative of a progressive role in dealing with internal questions of Lebanon and Hizbollah's future. You will find that he does not take a confrontational tone with Hizbollah, but any Lebanese PM would be foolish to do so.

You must understand that Hizbollah has been around for nearly 25 years. It is widely credited with forcing Israel to withdraw from Southern Lebanon and this is a crucial point in understanding the Lebanese perception. Hizbollah is militarily and socially powerful, and it is no simple task for a newly elected prime minister to disarm such an organization, particularly when Lebanon lays claim to an Israeli occupied piece of land. To think that in a single year, with a brand new government, a sufficient political process can implemented to achieve such a formidable objective is naive and unrealistic. To think the Lebanese army should have been mobilized in the last year to confront Hizbollah militarily is lunacy.

There was and continues to be an ongoing political process to settle the fate of Hizbollah. One cannot, however, separate the question of Israel's occupation of territory such as the Shebaa Farms, Golan Heights, and West Bank. The comprehensive solution has been on the table for many years in the form of a land for peace deal. The Beirut Declaration remains a great place to start.
    (http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/rwb.nsf/AllDocsByUNID/5a7229b652beb9c5c1256b8a0054b62e).
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Will we get Ramadan Eve and Ramadan Day off from work? Will there be 50% Off After Ramadan Sales at Macys? Will there be Ramadan Honey baked hams, wrapped in bacon?
    If so... Yes.
    Will there be Ramadan Stoning dioramas set up at City Hall? Will there be Ramadan Caroler singing 'Silent arranged Marriage, Holy arranged Marriage' at the Mall? Will kids in public schools have to face Mecca for their three times daily Ramadan prayers?
    Then... No.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    The more Bank Holidays, the better. If we can fit some in between August Bank Holiday and Christmas, I'm all for it. After all, I know muslim friends who enjoy the Christmas season, and call it Christmas. So why shouldn't we join in the observances of each others' holidays. It means less work, and unless money is your god, fuck it all! Just as long as no-one calls for the pubs to be shut on these new holidays, everyone's happy. ;)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I believe in secular law, not religion-based law (and this goes for Christianity too). IMO Muslims in a secular country can do what they want informally (such as the dowry thing) in their own community, if everyone there agrees to it, as long as it doesn't contradict secular law (such as the marry 4 wives thing, which does contradict secular law), but they can't expect the government of a secular country to enforce religion-based law.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    jsand wrote:

I replied, in case you didn't notice.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    I deal with Muslim extremists every day. They are extremely good at cleaning this office building.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire