liberalism to blame in Nj girls death

miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Hundreds mourn slain Bergen teen
Amid grief, killing is seen as a tale of caution
Sunday, July 30, 2006
BY NYIER ABDOU AND BRENDAN BERLS
Star-Ledger Staff

As they wept and braced themselves for a painful funeral yesterday, friends of the Bergen County teenager slain after leaving a Manhattan nightclub said they hoped young people would find a lesson in her death.

"We all hope other kids see this and say, 'You're not invincible at 18,'" said Naomi Kenan. Her daughter, Talia Kenan, was with the victim, Jennifer Moore, shortly before she wandered off alone early Tuesday down dark and deserted streets along Manhattan's West Side Highway.
Two days later, the spunky 18-year-old from affluent Harrington Park was found dead in a West New York Dumpster.

Authorities have charged a 34-year-old drifter and alleged small-time pimp with her death, saying he lured the recent prep school graduate into a taxi, took her to New Jersey and strangled her in a cheap Weehawken hotel.

Moore's friends recalled her life as being filled with laughter and promise and acknowledged sadly that her death is a tale of caution.

"We would not stand out here ... if we didn't think what happened to Jen could help others," said Frances Swire, a friend of Moore's mother, who spoke yesterday outside St. Gabriel the Archangel Roman Catholic Church in Saddle River.

Some 500 people, many of them teenagers, gathered beneath the church's white ceiling and gilded chandeliers. They wept openly and buried tear-stained faces in each other's arms.

While only 5-foot-2 and 105 pounds, Moore was the energetic captain of the Saddle River Day School's soccer team. She was enrolled at the University of Hartford for the fall and dreamed of becoming a nurse. On her slender finger, she wore a ring that read, "carpe diem," Latin for "seize the day."

Her alleged killer, Draymond Coleman, has been charged with murder and is being held without bail. A woman believed to be his girlfriend, 20-year-old Krystal Riordan, has also been arrested and charged with evidence tampering and prostitution. She is being held on $1 million bail in Hudson County.

Like Moore, Riordan grew up in suburban comfort. She hails from Orange, Conn., minutes from Yale University and less than an hour's drive from where Moore planned to attend college.
And like Moore, she had attended an expensive high school, although it was a boarding school for troubled teens. She later moved to New Jersey and became a prostitute, the New York Daily News reported yesterday.

Events leading to Moore's death began Monday when she and two friends ventured across the Hudson River for an evening in New York City, authorities said.

They started with dinner in Manhattan's meatpacking district, a once hardscrabble corner of the West Side where over the last several years chic bistros and nightclubs have sprouted. Afterward, Moore and Kenan, also 18, headed uptown to Chelsea, where -- despite being underage -- they managed their way into The Guest House, a trendy and dimly lit nightclub a few blocks from the Hudson River.

After hours of drinking, the pair headed out into the Manhattan streets at about 2 a.m., Tuesday, only to discover Kenan had parked in a "no standing" zone. Her red Dodge sedan had been towed, police said.

The teens found the car at a tow pound roughly 10 blocks away, but attendants refused to release it, saying Kenan appeared drunk, police said. She then passed out, and the attendants called an ambulance.

Somehow, Moore slipped away into the night. Wearing a black halter top and a white miniskirt, she wandered along the West Side Highway.

Shortly before 5 a.m., she telephoned her boyfriend and said someone was following her. Investigators suspect Coleman lured or forced Moore into a yellow cab and took her to New Jersey, authorities said.

They wound up at the Park Avenue Hotel in Weehawken, a five-story flophouse near the Hudson River, where rooms rent by the week.

Some 48 hours later, authorities found Moore's slender body dumped in a trash bin in West New York.

After yesterday's funeral, hundreds of mourners slowly filed out of the church. Before stepping into the afternoon sunlight, they paused one by one and embraced Moore's mother and father, their faces drawn and weary.

"At moments like this, we end up hugging each other because there is nothing else to say," said Rev. Stephen Fichter, speaking from the pulpit.
America...the greatest Country in the world.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What the hell are you talking about?
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Did the prostitute "Get er Done"? Well. Someone "got er done". Which one miller?
  • Options
    dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    So what do liberals have to do with this? If you want to talk about non-existing parenting, that's one thing, but this title appears to be yet another misnomer.
  • Options
    liberalism aka a pimp and a drifter?

are you drunk?
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    Just imagine this.

"Republicans to blame for killings"

Then post a link to every gun related death.

I won't because that's dumb and ignorant, much like this thread.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    "...
    After hours of drinking, the pair headed out into the Manhattan streets at about 2 a.m., Tuesday, only to discover Kenan had parked in a "no standing" zone. Her red Dodge sedan had been towed, police said.

The teens found the car at a tow pound roughly 10 blocks away, but attendants refused to release it, saying Kenan appeared drunk, police said. She then passed out, and the attendants called an ambulance.

Somehow, Moore slipped away into the night. Wearing a black halter top and a white miniskirt, she wandered along the West Side Highway.

Shortly before 5 a.m., she telephoned her boyfriend and said someone was following her. Investigators suspect Coleman lured or forced Moore into a yellow cab and took her to New Jersey, authorities said."
    I guess this means that Liberals create no parking laws, work as impound lot attendants, teenage girls clothing sellers or Taxi Cab drivers.
    Miller... you're really losing it here. You know you'd have the same reaction I am if someone had posted this story as, "Bush to Blame for N.J. Girl's Death...". Both are purely idiotic and have nothing to do with this extremely unfortunate tragedy.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,164
    i fail to see a connection between "liberalism" and this girl's death. what are you talking about miller??
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    I think Miller's mom is to blame for alot around here.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    I think Miller's mom is to blame for alot around here.
    haha
    that is horrible
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    i think the 'liberalism' title on this is the discription of the unfortunately killed girl's freedom.
    oh and in retaliation to abu's chritianity thread of course..
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    The thread title is obviously in reply/reference to the other thread blaming Christians for the attack on the Seattle Jewish organization.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Can Miller defend himself here?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Excessive drinking, causing impaired judgement, and breaking the rules of *don't talk to strangers*, and definitely don't get in the car with strangers seem to be the cause here IMO. People of all persuasions, liberal AND conservative have been known to make these mistakes. Its human nature, not politics. And some bad parenting perhaps.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    "Two days later, the spunky 18-year-old from affluent Harrington Park was found dead in a West New York Dumpster."

Wouldn't a liberal person know the streets as opposed to somebody hiding in their fake world of money and hanging with the same crowd.

Lesson learned: Don't go to the big city with country eyes. Bad things happen to idiots. Especially drunk, idiots.

Who the hell walks a highway, looking like a hooker, pissed drunk at 3am? And the fact they were only 18. Where is the lawsuit from the parents against the establishment? We know it is coming. Anything to deflect the blame from the shoulders it should be on.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037

Obviously not.
  • Options
    And its not funny, but when I was going to stay in NY once, that hotel actually came up on Travelocity. I guess I'm glad I didn't consider staying there with my kids.....didn't know what it was like.
  • Options
    Is his shameless baiting defensible?
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I should teach a course in 'Street Sense' to the surburbanites that think cities like New York are like the New York on 'Friends' (I'll have to tell them that the 'Friends' New York is actually in Burbank).
    I'd probably make a million bucks... then, get sued and lose it all when some numb-nut takes my course and passes but still gets beat up and robbed after pinning a hundred dollar bill to his lapel and hanging out at a 7-11 in Compton at 3:30 A.M, wearing a "David Duke For President" button. I was supposed to tell him, "Don't Do That".
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    even flow? wrote:
    "Two days later, the spunky 18-year-old from affluent Harrington Park was found dead in a West New York Dumpster."

Wouldn't a liberal person know the streets as opposed to somebody hiding in their fake world of money and hanging with the same crowd.

Lesson learned: Don't go to the big city with country eyes. Bad things happen to idiots. Especially drunk, idiots.

Who the hell walks a highway, looking like a hooker, pissed drunk at 3am? And the fact they were only 18. Where is the lawsuit from the parents against the establishment? We know it is coming. Anything to deflect the blame from the shoulders it should be on.

lol country eyes...she didnt live far from nyc probaly about 15 minutes. IF thats country than i guess your a hick?

Parents let their daughters run loose and act like little whores than blame men when terrible things happen....sure its the mans fault and he should be burned alive. But women need to start taking responsibilities for their actions. You dress like a whore dont expect good things to happen.

Parents need to stop being their childs friend...one of the trademarks of liberalism. And instead start disciplining them. Hit your kids!!!
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    But women need to start taking responsibilities for their actions. You dress like a whore dont expect good things to happen.

Ridiculous. It's one thing for anyone to dress in such a way as to entice others. It's another for others to respond to that, and THOSE are the people who are 100% responsible for what happens.
  • Options
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Ridiculous. It's one thing for anyone to dress in such a way as to entice others. It's another for others to respond to that, and THOSE are the people who are 100% responsible for what happens.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:
    lol country eyes...she didnt live far from nyc probaly about 15 minutes. IF thats country than i guess your a hick?

Parents let their daughters run loose and act like little whores than blame men when terrible things happen....

Its not what she wore - it was that she was out at a dangerous time of night alone, and in a bad part of town. Hate to break it to you, but kids do sneak out when they shouldn't. I bet you've done it.
  • Options
    miller8966 wrote:

Parents let their daughters run loose and act like little whores than blame men when terrible things happen....sure its the mans fault and he should be burned alive. But women need to start taking responsibilities for their actions. You dress like a whore dont expect good things to happen.

Parents need to stop being their childs friend...one of the trademarks of liberalism. And instead start disciplining them. Hit your kids!!!

If the child respected her parents then she wouldn't have been out at this time of night doing what she was doing. You don't earn a child's respect by barking demands and hitting them. That only causes resentment and rebellion.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    If the child respected her parents then she wouldn't have been out at this time of night doing what she was doing. You don't earn a child's respect by barking demands and hitting them. That only causes resentment and rebellion.

and it has nothing to do with liberalism, either. the fact that there are lax parents is not a fault to be blamed entirely on a certain group of political thinkers (in other words, SCAPEGOATING)... that's the fault of the parents. and i'm willing to wager that a good deal of those kind of parents are conservative.

and the statement about women taking responsibility for "their actions" (as i understand it in this context to mean what they choose to wear), there is a very expansive gray area where "dressing like a whore" is concerned. i can see that a halter top and a, presumably mini, skirt would be considered "whore," but so could a pair of jeans and a v-neck sweater (and i have heard such an outfit been criticized thus). but regardless of what one considers "dressing like a whore," what a woman wears is not a legitimate excuse for anyone to assault her.
    that's faarkokte.