Options

Anyone taking the PATH train to MSG

Biggest WaveBiggest Wave Posts: 686
edited June 2008 in The Porch
I've never done it before, but I heard it's the way to go. Has anyone here ever used it out of Hoboken?

How's the parking in Hoboken?

Am I better off just driving in?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    Drive down observer highway and you will see dozens of places to park (pay lots), PATH goes to 33rd street. About a 1 block walk to MSG.

Your going to be in good company, there will be tons of folks heading to the concert. Just follow the crowd.

Note you can also find parking at Newport Mall parking garage, the PATH to 33rd street stops there.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    I've never done it before, but I heard it's the way to go. Has anyone here ever used it out of Hoboken?

How's the parking in Hoboken?

Am I better off just driving in?
    Where are you driving from? Cheap parking at Journal Square.
    Going both nights, still looking for Wednesday's show, though.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Take the path train in... you will be able to park your car at Hoboken and then the path train is only a few minutes into the city. The path train does stop running eventually so the only good part about driving straight into the city would be that you could leave whenever you wanted it to. If you are staying overnight anyways, i would suggest the path because parking in NYC is NOT cheap. Can also be pretty confusing for someone who doesnt drive around NYC all the time. It will also leave your more flexible as you will not have to deal with your vehicle in the city.
  • Options
    The path train does stop running eventually so the only good part about driving straight into the city would be that you could leave whenever you wanted it to.
    PATH runs 24/7.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    PATH runs 24/7.

I was just about to say that.
    I've been researching it. There's a train at 11:42PM and then one every half hour after that until 6:00AM
  • Options
    I was just about to say that.
    I've been researching it. There's a train at 11:42PM and then one every half hour after that until 6:00AM
    Where you driving in from?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    Where are you driving from? Cheap parking at Journal Square.

Driving in from Pa. and staying in Jersey, East Rutherford.
    I know the area very well. Just never used the PATH system.
  • Options
    Driving in from Pa. and staying in Jersey, East Rutherford.
    I know the area very well. Just never used the PATH system.
    You could also drive to the park/ride in North Bergen, off route 3. But I'm not sure how late the buses run. I'm sure you can find that out, too.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    You could also drive to the park/ride in North Bergen, off route 3. But I'm not sure how late the buses run. I'm sure you can find that out, too.

eh. Thanks, but I'd rather take the train I think.
    I was mainly wondering about parking in Hoboken. I see that there are lots, but I wondered if they're ever full.
  • Options
    eh. Thanks, but I'd rather take the train I think.
    I was mainly wondering about parking in Hoboken. I see that there are lots, but I wondered if they're ever full.
    Depends on the time you go. They fill up during the day. Some don't empty til after 5/6 pm. Journal Square has parking behind the old Loews theatre, and several others which don't fill up.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • Options
    Depends on the time you go. They fill up during the day. Some don't empty til after 5/6 pm. Journal Square has parking behind the old Loews theatre, and several others which don't fill up.

I figure that I'll get to the train around 4:00PM. They should be starting to empty by then. It's not like it's a weekend. My goal is to get to the ticket window by 5:00ish
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i'll be taking it from the grove street station in jersey city. my friend lives a block from it, so we are pregaming there and heading in!
  • Options

Carefull though. I once got lost for an hour looking for this "loews theatre" thinking it would be a loews movie theatre. but its not, its just an old theatre called lowes. just follow the P signs and there is plenty of parking around the stop.
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011