Options

The 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

BogoENBogoEN Posts: 65
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
...like the movie Loose Change 9/11...
What do you guys think? Its a recent thing that has been cropping up that I am only just becoming aware of...
Anyway as Mike Meyers would say..."discuss!"
"Winded is the sailor, drifting by the storm, wounded is the organ he left all bloodied on the shore...the smallest oceans still get Big Big waves..."

Postive thinking is the key, Postive doing is the door...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    BogoEN wrote:
    What do you guys think? Its a recent thing that has been cropping up that I am only just becoming aware of...

After seeing some of the supposed leaders of this movement on CSPAN and on FOX, I pretty much decided they all strike me as crackpots on a personal level (except for one guy).

The science of it should be considered though, but just don't think it is the real deal.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Circumstantial evidence, conjecture ... I have seen nothing convincing. I think these theories serve to feed a perverse need in our society, a need for scandal, a need to glimpse at the dark underbelly of everything. They are also a symptom, I think, of the tremendous amount of discontent and distrust in U.S. society. These theories probably have little to no validity in and of themselves, but they are worth paying some attention to as a symptom of a very malcontented society.
  • Options
    Circumstantial evidence, conjecture ... I have seen nothing convincing. I think these theories serve to feed a perverse need in our society, a need for scandal, a need to glimpse at the dark underbelly of everything. They are also a symptom, I think, of the tremendous amount of discontent and distrust in U.S. society. These theories probably have little to no validity in and of themselves, but they are worth paying some attention to as a symptom of a very malcontented society.
    I would include the officially sponsored theory in there as well, reborn. What convincing evidence have you seen that leads you to believe the white house's theory is accurate? The only truth is that we don't know and likely never will know the truth.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I would include the officially sponsored theory in there as well, reborn. What convincing evidence have you seen that leads you to believe the white house's theory is accurate? The only truth is that we don't know and likely never will know the truth.

Well, I guess I can basically agree with that. All the details may never come to light, or may come to light decades from now. As for evidence that supports the White House's theory ... Well, I've read reports from engineers that seemed to suggest that the details of this theory were plausible. One of them was posted on here ages ago ... I also choose to take Al Qaida's claim that they did indeed carry out the attack at face value. Why would they lie? At the very least, Bush and Osama would have to be in cahoots. A saudi millionaire and a Texas millionaire? I guess it could happen ... I have yet to see much in the way of convincing evidence, though.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    BogoEN wrote:

I've been aware since November of 2001. I'm not bragging, I'm just saying that I never thought it would ever become a sorta mainstream thing until about a year ago.

Well, welcome to the world of thinking maybe, just maybe, that our government is not really of, by, and for the people - to put it nicely. Or as Ron Paul put it: They're "Machiavellian imperialists". And even that's putting it nicely.

But also consider the 9/11 conspiracy theory that consider many of the arguments put forth in Loose Change to be bogus:

http://www.oilempire.us/state.html

That's just a primer. Have fun reading that site over the next few months :D
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I also choose to take Al Qaida's claim that they did indeed carry out the attack at face value. Why would they lie? At the very least, Bush and Osama would have to be in cahoots. A saudi millionaire and a Texas millionaire? I guess it could happen ... I have yet to see much in the way of convincing evidence, though.

Here's some things to consider:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/articlesosama.html

Believe me, my heads hurts trying to figure all this out.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I also choose to take Al Qaida's claim that they did indeed carry out the attack at face value. Why would they lie? At the very least, Bush and Osama would have to be in cahoots. A saudi millionaire and a Texas millionaire? I guess it could happen ... I have yet to see much in the way of convincing evidence, though.

i thought bin laden denied doing it??

as for the 'saudi millinaire and a texas millionaire'....daddy bush and daddy bin laden are both in the carlyle group who even had a meeting on 9/11
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    El_Kabong wrote:
    i thought bin laden denied doing it??

AND HOW!

"I was not involved in the September 11 attacks in the United States nor did I have knowledge of the attacks. There exists a government within a government within the United States. The United States should try to trace the perpetrators of these attacks within itself; to the people who want to make the present century a century of conflict between Islam and Christianity. That secret government must be asked as to who carried out the attacks....The American system is totally in control of the Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States. "
    --OBL as reported by THE BBC 9/28/2001

Christ,
    you tell me.
    In light of recent events, it sure is eerie!
    :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    acroyearacroyear Posts: 46
    They say 1/3 of America believes the 911 trajedy was an inside job. People forget that 1/3 of America are Democrats.
    "If you want peace, be prepared for war."
    George Washington