George Galloway broadcasting his radio show, live from Beirut, NOW

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
http://194.46.8.124/talksport-live.asx

For the next two hours.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wish i could have listened, thanks for the link anyway. i find nut jobs to be hilarious.
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    wish i could have listened, thanks for the link anyway. i find nut jobs to be hilarious.

why do you find him to be a nut job? please, provide some info and or prove what he say's wrong.
  • Options
    ilanailana Posts: 78
    i belong to betar, we protested out side of the building that he broadcasts from, he is an idiot, and a liar, with his brain firmly up his backside
  • Options
    ilana wrote:
    i belong to betar, we protested out side of the building that he broadcasts from, he is an idiot, and a liar, with his brain firmly up his backside

Please provide more info on galloway being an idiot and his lies. Go on now.

and as far as your last thing about him and his brain up his backside, well perhaps you should take a closer look at betar and it's members.
  • Options
    sorry mr. brian, i did not realize you were a fan of his. your personal attack on me was uncalled for.
  • Options

Regardless of whether you agree with him or not, it was a good show. If I get a link to an archive of it, I'll put it up.
  • Options
    sorry mr. brian, i did not realize you were a fan of his. your personal attack on me was uncalled for.

I'm sorry, a simple PM and I would've cleaned it up. But I felt that it fit quite well with your post (the one I made a reply towards) perhaps kinda sarcastic on my part?

But if you feel that strongly about it, then I really am sorry.
  • Options
    He's broadcasting from Beirut again, tomorrow, Sunday 27th at 8pm GMT. A perfect prelude to PJ live on the telly! :D
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    New Yorker arrested for broadcasting Hizbollah TV

Reuters | August 24, 2006

NEW YORK - U.S. authorities have arrested a New York man for broadcasting Hizbollah television station al-Manar, which has been designated a terrorist entity by the U.S. Treasury Department, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Javed Iqbal, 42, was arrested on Wednesday because his Brooklyn-based company HDTV Ltd. was providing New York-area customers with the Hizbollah-operated channel, federal prosecutors said in a statement.

It did not say how long Iqbal's company had been providing satellite broadcasts of al-Manar, which the U.S. Treasury Department in March had designated as Specially Designated Global Terrorist entity, making it a crime to conduct business with al-Manar.

Iqbal has been charged with conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, the statement said. Federal authorities searched HDTV's Brooklyn office and Iqbal's Staten Island home, where Iqbal was suspected of maintaining satellite dishes, the statement said.

The U.S. Treasury Department froze U.S. assets of al-Manar in March, saying it supported fund-raising and recruitment activities of Hizbollah, a Shiite Muslim group backed by Syria and Iran that has been at war with Israel in southern Lebanon.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    New Yorker arrested for broadcasting Hizbollah TV

Reuters | August 24, 2006

NEW YORK - U.S. authorities have arrested a New York man for broadcasting Hizbollah television station al-Manar, which has been designated a terrorist entity by the U.S. Treasury Department, prosecutors said on Thursday.

Javed Iqbal, 42, was arrested on Wednesday because his Brooklyn-based company HDTV Ltd. was providing New York-area customers with the Hizbollah-operated channel, federal prosecutors said in a statement.

It did not say how long Iqbal's company had been providing satellite broadcasts of al-Manar, which the U.S. Treasury Department in March had designated as Specially Designated Global Terrorist entity, making it a crime to conduct business with al-Manar.

Iqbal has been charged with conspiring to violate the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, the statement said. Federal authorities searched HDTV's Brooklyn office and Iqbal's Staten Island home, where Iqbal was suspected of maintaining satellite dishes, the statement said.

The U.S. Treasury Department froze U.S. assets of al-Manar in March, saying it supported fund-raising and recruitment activities of Hizbollah, a Shiite Muslim group backed by Syria and Iran that has been at war with Israel in southern Lebanon.

Galloway's talking about that, right now.