Mccain is on now.

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,545
edited November 2008 in A Moving Train
Turn the tube on.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    and his supporters were loudly booing Obama's name .... STILL.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    jimed14 wrote:

Cause they know they are gonna get taxed up the ass, and this poor kid LOVES IT!!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Turn the tube on.

love the boos the first time Obama's name is said, and then later the first time Biden's name is said, WTF?
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    back to the positive, John McCain went out with grace, style, and respect
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    love the boos the first time Obama's name is said, and then later the first time Biden's name is said, WTF?

Once again, they are going to get taxed more, that's why they are pissed. And once again, I love the fact the rich are gonna get taxed more!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options

Absolutely... There were many times during this campaign when I felt bad for McCain. He was being pulled into directions that the clearly didn't want to go.

Hearing him speak, it makes me think what better shape our country would be in if he beat Bush in 2000 and went on to be President.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    I think McCain regained some dignity with his speech.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Hearing him speak, it makes me think what better shape our country would be in if he beat Bush in 2000 and went on to be President.

I agree. He would've made an amazing President, I think.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

That is so classless, and I would say that no matter whose crowd was booing the opponent.
  • Options
    I think McCain regained some dignity with his speech.

Yes, I gained back a lot of respect I lost for him between his concessions to Bush post 2000 and from this campaign. Too bad his radical supporters couldn't be as humble as he.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    He took defeat like a man. Its a shame people could not see past the party and find the man. Class act!!
  • Options
    Booing always happens at concession speeches. People are passionate, unhappy with what has happened and caught up in the moment.

I thought McCain gave a great concession speech, and I agree he did regain some of the dignity he sold out over the last 8 months.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    PJ_SalukiPJ_Saluki Posts: 1,006

Yes he did. Hopefully his followers follow that lead and work towards making this country better than its been for a long time.
    "Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool." -- Charles Barkley
  • Options
    If McCain would have campaigned with that kind of dignity, he would have won hands down. Much respect to him for bowing out with such grace. Let's hope THAT is the future of the Republican party and of the United States of America.
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    McCain was a great candidate. If he wouldnt be near death, have a moron vice president, and a few other small things here and there he would have gotten my vote.

He's a classy guy and a real American.
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792

I agree, he was very gracious.
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    I can't say much that's not already been said, but 'twas a very nice, gracious speech. I thought his campaign got dirty out of desperation, but the concession shows that upon acceptance of it being over, he wanted to do what he could to move on. He won't be bellyaching and scaring people. To steal his slogan, he was putting country first.

And yes, some of his supporters are still clowns.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I will admit... if it was the John McCain of 2000 that was running this year... I probably would have voted for him. The 2000 McCain might have picked a Ron Paul as a running mate, instead of trying to pander to the Religious Right bloc with Sarah Palin.
    But, the sad reality is... the 2000 McCain would have NEVER won the Republican Ticket and he chose to play their game to win their approval. Because of that, the 2008 McCain was too tightly coupled to President Bush. And obstacle that was too difficult to overcome.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I will admit... if it was the John McCain of 2000 that was running this year... I probably would have voted for him. The 2000 McCain might have picked a Ron Paul as a running mate, instead of trying to pander to the Religious Right bloc with Sarah Palin.
    But, the sad reality is... the 2000 McCain would have NEVER won the Republican Ticket and he chose to play their game to win their approval. Because of that, the 2008 McCain was too tightly coupled to President Bush. And obstacle that was too difficult to overcome.

i didn't look at it as him pandering to the religious right by picking palin as a running mate. the choice came right after obama picked biden. i figured palin was picked because hillary was passed over by obama, and by having palin they thought they could pick up a large bulk of the hillary supporters.

it's all moot now, anyway.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    I thought McCains concession speech tonight was the BEST speech I've ever heard him give. It was total class and as many have said...how he SHOULD have been running his campaign the whole time. I hope both candidates were sincere when they said they want to work together to build a stronger US.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz