Options

Good idea? Bad idea?

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,545
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
What are your thoughts on this?

The philly police department in 1985 decided that the best way to handle a group of radicals located in a house after numerous shootouts was a bomb. The surrounding houses were evacuated, a helicopter flew over the house, and dropped a bomb. The fire department stood down for 90 mins before starting to extinguish the flames. In all, 62 house burned down and six adults dead, and five childern dead.

Just what the fuck were these guys thinking? Drop a fucking bomb on a neighborhood house? How can anyone justifie this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,627
    That Dirty Frank was a baaaad mother!
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745

The philly police department in 1985 decided that the best way to handle a group of radicals located in a house after numerous shootouts was a bomb. The surrounding houses were evacuated, a helicopter flew over the house, and dropped a bomb. The fire department stood down for 90 mins before starting to extinguish the flames. In all, 62 house burned down and six adults dead, and five childern dead.

Just what the fuck were these guys thinking? Drop a fucking bomb on a neighborhood house? How can anyone justifie this?

Ok that's really bad. You know what? That's like saying if you step out of line, they are going to bring you your very own personal version of Iraq war, and hang it over you.

Holy crap get these retards out of office...
  • Options
    Ok that's really bad. You know what? That's like saying if you step out of line, they are going to bring you your very own personal version of Iraq war, and hang it over you.

Holy crap get these retards out of office...

What kills me is that no one in the police department was fined, fired, or even suspended.
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    anyone have a reference for this?
  • Options
    zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138

actually the fire dept. stood down for 40 min, but still the point is innocent people died and thats not cool
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Options
    zelda4everzelda4ever Posts: 138

actually the fire dept. stood down for 40 min, but still the point is innocent people died and thats not cool
    -Let's just say i was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. Thats all it was:just curiosity.

Jim Morrison
    Los Angeles, 1969
  • Options
    zelda4ever wrote:

Sorry, my mistake. That's still 40 mins too long.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I saw a documentary on this a while back ... Pretty crazy shit. The cops don't usually bomb the bad guys.