Options

It's kind of funny....

Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
edited July 2008 in The Porch
In a couple of threads people are bitching about the presale and so on. Then I read oh I didn't get night 2 but I have like 4 other shows. Give me a break. These venues Ed is playing is small. I was lucky and am going to DC 1. There are only 1800 seats in that theater so for arguments sake let's say this was for only 10 club members that would be 900 pairs. When a good, I would guess at least 5000 people trying to get them someone is going to be shut out. That is life.

I want to thank the 10 club for the work they do in trying to get as many people to see these shows as possible.
96 Randall's Island II
98 CAA
00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
09 Phillie III
10 MSG II
13 Wrigley Field
16 Phillie II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    me too I think the ten club is great!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    ditto. I don't think people fully realize how TINY these venues are....be happy with what you've got tickets for and if you struck out--don't worry-It'll work out!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    That is what I am saying. Come on people show some love for the 10 CLub
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    I heart 10C! woooo :)
  • Options
    ditto. I don't think people fully realize how TINY these venues are....be happy with what you've got tickets for and if you struck out--don't worry-It'll work out!

yes indeed but the system they have is silly, the tickets are either there or they arent, trying to get tickets for and hour having them than not having them its crazy, Im getting older and sometimes just being told sold out is better than almost having them dangled over our heads.

and didnt I give you a pick at a show I forget.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    I worship the 10c but I have an issue with ticketmaster. If it wasn't for ticketmaster the entire venue would be available to 10c members only.
    35 Shows and Growing
    6 EV Solo
    "This is the Greatest band in the world" Ben Harper MSG 03 #1
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    Some people are spoiled bastards

Everyone should count themselves lucky, i got shut out four times. I will not be seeing Ed on this tour
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    I agree. I can't believe how people think the 10c owes them tickets.
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    Thank You 10 club!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i said it prior to the sale and ill say it again (especially after seeing all the people saying they got NO tickets), there is no need to see more than one of these shows and people are being fuckin selfish about going to as many as possible... im more than happy with my one show... maybe 2 shows in the same city is ok... but people traveling around like this is the grateful dead or something... come on... and anyone who has 1 show and is complaining they didnt get more can just shut the fuck up!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    yes indeed but the system they have is silly, the tickets are either there or they arent, trying to get tickets for and hour having them than not having them its crazy, Im getting older and sometimes just being told sold out is better than almost having them dangled over our heads.

and didnt I give you a pick at a show I forget.

It's not like they purposely keep tickets back to throw us crazy. Shit happens. Tickets go back in the system throughout the hour after the initial sale. Credit cards don't work out... jackasses keep them in their cart for a while to be assholes (very few but I heard people say they did this)... Just at NYC 1, my card was charged for two orders. One of the orders went back into the system at around a half an hour after I purchased them. You'd rather them have eaten that set of tickets just so you can feel secure that they are in fact sold out? They say they are temporarily out of stock. At that point they are. Period. Every ticket is in someone's posession... however there is a small chance that something will happen for it to not be purchased. People refresh on the rare chance that one of these tickets will fall into their hands.

Why do people make out the 10c to be villains at every ticket sale?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    I wasn't bitching about 10c , i just wanted to know what i was doing wrong when i was getting shut out on tickets , & you kind posters explained it to me in depth.
    all about the " MOUSE SKILLS" & luck
    but thats waht you gotta expect from the best band in the worid!
    Chef Rah
    "I'll wait up in the dark for you to speak to me"
    "We are on the brink of forever"
  • Options
    BokiBoki Posts: 23

See, I just assume that after the first minute, the tickets are for all intents and purposes gone. After that, a random pair might show up here and there when people's credit cards get declined or whatever, but getting those tickets would be a miracle. You make the choice whether to spend your time refreshing endlessly in hopes of that miracle. Honestly, when I didn't get either of the NYC shows within the first minute, I figured my chances of getting them were so slim it wasn't worth my time. (Fortunately, I managed to get Newark :) )
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    yes indeed but the system they have is silly, the tickets are either there or they arent, trying to get tickets for and hour having them than not having them its crazy

Re-read the threads from the last few days. Some people were lucky enough to secure a pair of tix over an hour or two after people had thought they were sold out. "Temporarily" means keep trying. If you want no chance of getting a pair then don't. I don't really care. That's up to you.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    this forum has become a cult that most of us are apart of whether we like it or not
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    ten club = grandness!
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    I just wonder when there are so few 10C seats available why they didn't limit it to only one pair per 10C member for the entire tour? Anyone else wonder that? And it's too bad that they can't find these small venues that aren't linked with TM or LiveNation somehow and sell ALL the tickets to 10C members. That would be sweet!
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    I worship the 10c but I have an issue with ticketmaster. If it wasn't for ticketmaster the entire venue would be available to 10c members only.
    well said
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i said it prior to the sale and ill say it again (especially after seeing all the people saying they got NO tickets), there is no need to see more than one of these shows and people are being fuckin selfish about going to as many as possible... im more than happy with my one show... maybe 2 shows in the same city is ok... but people traveling around like this is the grateful dead or something... come on... and anyone who has 1 show and is complaining they didnt get more can just shut the fuck up!

This is a great point.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    I love 10c, but I have to wonder how many more members could've gotten tickets if they would have allowed single seat purchases. I realize for bigger venues on full tours that would be a logistical nightmare, but for a couple of hundred seats for EV's few dates it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    bronzebackbronzeback Posts: 36
    I admit, I was complaining yesterday. I tried for 45 mins for Milwaukee tix, got the buy button 2 times, only to get the temp out of stock message.

got bumped out a few times and had to login again...etc...

I am greatful to be a member of 10c. I was able to get decent seats for previous PJ shows.

My frustration lies with, quite frankly, with I didnt get any. I understand the venues are small, I understand there was only 500 seats for 10c at Milwaukee.

What I dont understand is I was doing the same thing everyone else was....clickity click click click....and I never even got in but 2 times, only to be told temp out of stock. That is whats frustraing.

This EV solo tour, in Milwaukee, my hometown so to speak, once in lifetime chance....and I didnt get any. Just frustrating that I join a club to be abel to get in these type of sales, and I couldnt get the benefits this time.

So, yes, I guess I am the "stand in the corner and pout cause I was 501 person in line and didnt get any guy" LOL

Oh well, got a chance with a 10c person who has extras and I have the public sale chance. Which according to the info I got from the Riverside, my bet is Riverside will have about 1000 seats for the public sale. Given 500 are for 10c, my guess is another 500 will go to people who wait in line at the box office tomorrow, which leaves about 1000+ for public sale. I better not be 1001 in the online line...LOL
    So shines a good deed in such a weary world
  • Options
    Boki wrote:
    See, I just assume that after the first minute, the tickets are for all intents and purposes gone. After that, a random pair might show up here and there when people's credit cards get declined or whatever, but getting those tickets would be a miracle. You make the choice whether to spend your time refreshing endlessly in hopes of that miracle. Honestly, when I didn't get either of the NYC shows within the first minute, I figured my chances of getting them were so slim it wasn't worth my time. (Fortunately, I managed to get Newark :) )

I have gotten tickets in the second hour of sales for pj alot. The club told me its a long line and than a fast race.

no more shows
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    It's not like they purposely keep tickets back to throw us crazy. Shit happens. Tickets go back in the system throughout the hour after the initial sale. Credit cards don't work out... jackasses keep them in their cart for a while to be assholes (very few but I heard people say they did this)... Just at NYC 1, my card was charged for two orders. One of the orders went back into the system at around a half an hour after I purchased them. You'd rather them have eaten that set of tickets just so you can feel secure that they are in fact sold out? They say they are temporarily out of stock. At that point they are. Period. Every ticket is in someone's posession... however there is a small chance that something will happen for it to not be purchased. People refresh on the rare chance that one of these tickets will fall into their hands.

Why do people make out the 10c to be villains at every ticket sale?

By having this system they use, they have tickets for at least an hour, but after we click buy, too many people are jamming the system and creating problems. I have done this for as long as they have had it, it usually works out becasue with the band they have more seats and in point a longer sale, with this it didnt, it is what it is, I amn not mad the club does alot, the system of waiting just gets crazier every time. And nobody here can say it doesnt drive them nuts and get their blood pressure high, you would be lying.

no more shows
  • Options
    Re-read the threads from the last few days. Some people were lucky enough to secure a pair of tix over an hour or two after people had thought they were sold out. "Temporarily" means keep trying. If you want no chance of getting a pair then don't. I don't really care. That's up to you.

I do not need to reread the threads, I called the club and with dc 1 the women said they had 1 pair left at like 50 mins, and it said out of stock, dc 2 it said out of stock in like 40.

My question here is everyone would be more happy if we all said this process is the best thing in the world, like every person here who has baught tickets over the last 5 years hasnt gone through this, its insane, its all good but thruth behold the older you get it drives you crazy, back in 06 I laughed at the stress, this year it wore on me.
    I guess I am not a fan or a retard for not blindly agreeing the system doesnt give me a woody.

no more shows
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Boki wrote:

I got MSG 2 tickets after about 45 minutes of them being "temporarily out of stock." With all the people on-line trying to get them, there were bound to be computer/server issues, which probably resulted in a lot of tickets being moved into carts and then dropped.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    sgossard3 wrote:

Right on! I'm glad you got your tickets! I was wondering if you had gotten them, the other day when I saw your thread about having to work that day... :D

I hope 10C gets you awesome seats and that you enjoy the show!
    I'm not doing any this time around, after the summer tour I'm broke :( and I already saw him in Vancouver and feel greatful that I got to experience it at least once...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I do not need to reread the threads, I called the club and with dc 1 the women said they had 1 pair left at like 50 mins, and it said out of stock, dc 2 it said out of stock in like 40.

My question here is everyone would be more happy if we all said this process is the best thing in the world, like every person here who has baught tickets over the last 5 years hasnt gone through this, its insane, its all good but thruth behold the older you get it drives you crazy, back in 06 I laughed at the stress, this year it wore on me.
    I guess I am not a fan or a retard for not blindly agreeing the system doesnt give me a woody.

You need to explain to me how on earth did I miss you guys this tour! You never called me!!!!!! :p

Let's not let this happen again next tour sir!!! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Right on! I'm glad you got your tickets! I was wondering if you had gotten them, the other day when I saw your thread about having to work that day... :D

I hope 10C gets you awesome seats and that you enjoy the show!
    I'm not doing any this time around, after the summer tour I'm broke :( and I already saw him in Vancouver and feel greatful that I got to experience it at least once...
    thanks! im praying for great seats too! but ill settle for any seat in the house :D

sorry you cant join us
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    You need to explain to me how on earth did I miss you guys this tour! You never called me!!!!!! :p

Let's not let this happen again next tour sir!!! :D

we had so much fun and just kept to ourselves, we show up to the venues stoned and late, we somehow seem to roll in there like as the first not goes regardelss of the differant show start times.
    This tour was so much fun, and so great I often wonder if there ever can be a tour this good again.

And my stupid ass just assumed we would be sitting next to eachother again, and than realized I sat with nik.

Going to tampa we drove to the amphitheater, and we were like fuck they cancelled the show, it was empty.
    we had to redirsect ourselves to the arena, funny shit.
    We had some real fun, I am sorry we missed you, but honestly we missed everyone.
    Its also great to know in my 30's I can still have fun the same way I did when I was 20.

no more shows
  • Options
    edit I also lost all my pms with phone nembers, yours, solat 13
    speedy, maybee even yosi.

no more shows