Options

What does Mad Max & Hezbollah have in common??

2»

Comments

• Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    When you combine the portrayal of "the Jews" in The Passion of the Christ with his alleged remarks from this traffic stop, it does tend to paint a picture...

Yup. And combine the fact that his father is a known Holocaust-denier.
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    I believe hooch is hillbilly booze.
    graci', papeles.....;)
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Cosmo wrote:
    Personally... I'm waiting for the South Park episode of this.

Me too, and if they were in the middle of a season I wouldn't be totally surprised if it aired this Wednesday, knowing how Trey and Matt work.

Mel Gibson, man. What an ass, and they got him on tape too. Apparently he has a history of harassing female co-stars which I never heard about until today. Well, I still have fond memories of watching The Road Warrior when I was about ten or so, that was some badass shit! Credit goes to director George Miller for that, though.
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    crazy f'n aussies....they're the cause of all drunken stupor incidents.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    To be Jewish is generally more than just a religion. It is considered a race - although the line becomes blurred when you start talking about the people who converted and weren't born into the religion.
    This shit has always confused me....religion or race? Can someone spell it out please?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    This shit has always confused me....religion or race? Can someone spell it out please?
    Its all a bunch of crap. Its a religion. Where do you draw the lines with races? I usually can't tell if someones Jewish. I think Mel was referring to the religion. I think the Nazi's brainwashed people into thinking Jewish people were some sort of alien race. Most the Jewish people in Isreal look Arabic or European to me.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Its all a bunch of crap. Its a religion. Where do you draw the lines with races? I usually can't tell if someones Jewish. I think Mel was referring to the religion. I think the Nazi's brainwashed people into thinking Jewish people were some alien race.

Agreed ... Its technically a religion ... Jews can be white, black, brown, purple.
  • Options
    What the hell. Why aren't there more people upset about this?
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    Tue Aug 1, 8:54 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The ABC television network has pulled a miniseries about the Holocaust it was developing with Mel Gibson's production company, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, quoting an unidentified representative for the network

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060801/ts_nm/gibson_abc_dc;_ylt=Aj9p2S4KtF0xzapR0xa4vppZ.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Tue Aug 1, 8:54 AM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The ABC television network has pulled a miniseries about the Holocaust it was developing with Mel Gibson's production company, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, quoting an unidentified representative for the network

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060801/ts_nm/gibson_abc_dc;_ylt=Aj9p2S4KtF0xzapR0xa4vppZ.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Good. This asshole shouldn't get any more jobs as long as he lives.

(How can someone deny the Holocaust. Case and point, Gibson's dad.)
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    Stop scapegoating Mel, people. Yeah, the guy is anti-semitic, but so are countless, countless people in the US who have just as much power, if not more, than Mel Gibson. Case in point, Richard Nixon has been caught on tape slagging the jews with Billy Graham in the background voicing his agreement. However, Nixon personally appointed jews to his cabinet. Do you really think Billy Graham would launch a katyusha rocket into Israel if given the chance? Slagging the jews doesn't mean actually HATING them.

So,Mel says, "Jews are the cause of all wars." How is that any different from, "Democrats are the reason behind the moral breakdown of our society."? Or how about, "Republicans are war-mongering oil barons."?

There is no difference. The only "perceived" difference is the sensitive nature of what has happened to jews over the centuries. Mel isn't saying, "All jews must die en masse in makeshift gas chambers and their bodies thrown into ovens." But, that's exactly how people are perceiving it because they are looking for the next psuedo-nazi icon to point their self-righteous fingers at. That is why Mad Max and the hezbollah have little in common.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    His net from The Passion was something like 350 million. Do you think Mel Gibson gives a fuck?
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Good. This asshole shouldn't get any more jobs as long as he lives.

(How can someone deny the Holocaust. Case and point, Gibson's dad.)
    I think we should be more worried about the asshole running this country rather than what a drunk movie actor said. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    I think we should be more worried about the asshole running this country rather than what a drunk movie actor said. :rolleyes:
    well, mabe's truth is that drunk movie actor situation has interlinkage with a.hole prez...you see, the more media desensitizes actions of those in power, the more we will be accepting...you better be questioning local police department and exposure of public record...to wht limit is a person's who is allegedly responsible for a crime allowed to be considered innocent before guilty...it seems to me that until the case is closed, a person in our country should be considered innocnet....it seems to me that mel's drinking and getting pulled over is just another example how someone in powerful posititon exploited professionalityy....and i'm not talkig about mel....

a while back local newspaper was posting police reports and using subjects name unless they are a minor...is it leagal to use someone's name in a crime related story, just becasue it's a story....it would be an interesting question for a lwa student to ask....i am not certain why local paper quit using people's name in police reports, but i have a hunch it was legalities......
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light