Guess I'll trn on music instead...

ccfa.org

http://organicconsumers.com/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    Population Growth?

I don't think that question can be answered without some kind of degree in psychology, sociology and mathematics.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Population? Yes a big part. I'll go one step further and say circumstance, whether real or perceived. Circumstance and ultimatum.
  • Options
    mtildenmtilden Posts: 62
    What moves society?

You mean physically? White flight?
    "Go fuck yourself"
    -Dick Cheney

"Are you taking over or are you taking orders"
    -Joe Strummer 1952-2002

"All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting."
    -George Orwell
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    What moves society?

Greed.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Personal comfort.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I think it's way too complicated. In multi-cell organisms, all the cells seak greater pleasure for the entire organism and avoid pain. It gets really complicated in society, because sometimes it's more involved, it serves the organism better to be publicly accepted than to be publicly ridiculed. So, although there isn't a definite sense of pleasure or pain in the physical sense, there is in the emotional sense. So many times, sheople just go with the flow to gain acceptance and ignore their own perceptions.

Someone can make something really terrible, sound really good, and if a few people agree, next thing you know everyone agrees and you are living in Nazi germany. It's the same reason Beanie Babies were so popular. People suck. If that doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry, it's complicated.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I think it's way too complicated. In multi-cell organisms, all the cells seak greater pleasure for the entire organism and avoid pain. It gets really complicated in society, because sometimes it's more involved, it serves the organism better to be publicly accepted than to be publicly ridiculed. So, although there isn't a definite sense of pleasure or pain in the physical sense, there is in the emotional sense. So many times, sheople just go with the flow to gain acceptance and ignore their own perceptions.

Someone can make something really terrible, sound really good, and if a few people agree, next thing you know everyone agrees and you are living in Nazi germany. It's the same reason Beanie Babies were so popular. People suck. If that doesn't make any sense, I'm sorry, it's complicated.

The circumstances that "pop" these little "bubbles of comfort" is force of action, namely in the form of an ultimatum. No action is still action however towards the opposition.

Then there's physical environmental circumstances that affect further...

It's complicated but it can be simplified.
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    conflict it seems lately
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:
    conflict it seems lately

Before conflict comes disagreement. A series of ultimatums without resolve.
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    Before conflict comes disagreement. A series of ultimatums without resolve.

that is true...how bout friction / malcontent is the impetus for moving in society...
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    their penises
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    chopitdown wrote:
    that is true...how bout friction / malcontent is the impetus for moving in society...

A series of events leading up to an ultimatum. 90% live in this friction daily until that one day...
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160