Options

Anyone create a LYRICS document or booklet???

camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
edited April 2008 in The Porch
I just started one that has all the lyrics to all their released albums, so anyone else ever do this process???

i'm using Word for now.... just keeping it simple in order of album and track list.
i like sound...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Nice, when you're done pm me a copy, PLEASE???????????
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I just started one that has all the lyrics to all their released albums, so anyone else ever do this process???

i'm using Word for now.... just keeping it simple in order of album and track list.

or i could just go to http://www.pearljam.com and look at the lyrics, or even just search whatever song.. followed by lyrcs into google :)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Yes :o

I have a note book with lyrics in mylar sleeves that I started years ago and have different articles I cut out in there too.

Yeah, i'm a geek but I refer to often when I need to verify a lyric!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    prljmfan92502prljmfan92502 Posts: 144
    I don't have a book, but i have the lyrics in a file just in case i forget or need to brush up. I also absolutely love sitting and reading the lyrics while i listen.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    That's a good idea. Gives me a reason to buy a fancy blank notebook :D

I could write the lyric on the left, and the poem I wrote inspired by the lyric on the right. There's a thought.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

Yeah I started it back when Vs was released and have updated it since but in the same notebook and added notebooks as needed, I have done it by hand though, I have it up til Riot Act I havent updated it with the self titled yet.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    juannisjuannis Posts: 73
    when my buds from boston and i get together to party, at the end of a long night out he'll bust out his guitar and i bring the lyric book and we all sit around and get blasted and just sing like drunken fools. it's a great time.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    October22 wrote:
    thanks friend
    ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    i'm doing it most cause i dont know 90% of the lyrics.... i just know the sound the lyric makes.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    OK i'm at it again and I'm adding a B-side chapter so does anyone know the best place to get accurate lyrics to Long Road and Breath?

I am finally learning Adobe InDesign and this project will be pretty badass when completed. If anyone wants to make there own, this is the word doc I created a while ago so feel free to use it.

The formatting on it is REALLY bad so use it at your own rick without rolling your eyes please. I'm just now learning to use paragraph styles and stuff.

http://www.camaro327.com/PearlJam/PJ.doc

PS you probably dont have to font i used so sorry

I've spent the last 2 days breaking it down and editing it into separate chapters/documents to import into InDesign, so it has come light years.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    OK i'm at it again and I'm adding a B-side chapter so does anyone know the best place to get accurate lyrics to Long Road and Breath?

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/website/wikijam/index.php/Category:Pearl_Jam_Songs
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I have lyric book I created by hand using various graphic design programs, mainly photoshop though, all the pages are made up of collages from scans or pictures i took w/ my digital...

all the pages are inside the shell of a mead marble notebook, ala eddie... I fashioned it so that whenever a new song or album comes out I can easily ad pages to it...

keep in mind that I only have about 50% of the songs done as this is a long process and coming up with ideas for the pages takes a while and some arn't as easy to come up with as others.

here are the only 2 examples I have online of my work...

this was my very first one, it actually was an assignment in one of my design courses.... I have since recreated it to include all of the lyrics and a bit less scratching among the letters. http://rachel.ns.purchase.edu/~srace/images/race_collage.jpg

here's another one, this is actually an in progress shot and has since been finished off properly but the finished version is not online... but you can get a good idea of it here...
    http://a289.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/9/l_951a38105ba18073f5655546944f9c90.jpg

I've actually never showed any of this stuff to anyone... so I might put some more stuff up soon... maybe even set up some sort of DYI thing if ppl wanna make their own books... etc.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yes

its called my brain

its where i store information
  • Options
  • Options

that's cool, do you have a picture of the cover?
  • Options
    that's cool, do you have a picture of the cover?

I was going to use this:
    http://www.camaro327.com/PearlJam/Image1.jpg

but i'll prolly have to come up with something more creative and innovative.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I have lyric book I created by hand using various graphic design programs, mainly photoshop though, all the pages are made up of collages from scans or pictures i took w/ my digital...

all the pages are inside the shell of a mead marble notebook, ala eddie... I fashioned it so that whenever a new song or album comes out I can easily ad pages to it...

keep in mind that I only have about 50% of the songs done as this is a long process and coming up with ideas for the pages takes a while and some arn't as easy to come up with as others.

here are the only 2 examples I have online of my work...

this was my very first one, it actually was an assignment in one of my design courses.... I have since recreated it to include all of the lyrics and a bit less scratching among the letters. http://rachel.ns.purchase.edu/~srace/images/race_collage.jpg

here's another one, this is actually an in progress shot and has since been finished off properly but the finished version is not online... but you can get a good idea of it here...
    http://a289.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/9/l_951a38105ba18073f5655546944f9c90.jpg

I've actually never showed any of this stuff to anyone... so I might put some more stuff up soon... maybe even set up some sort of DYI thing if ppl wanna make their own books... etc.
    Good stuff there Stephen. In My Tree looks really good.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    \

SO....its amazing that you chose to show In Hiding.........

I have always wanted to do this exact thing, but the lyrics from IN HIDING on the PJ site always confused me....I am nearly positive that the true lyrics are "emptied the mouth of every PLUG around...."

I have found several mistakes that I just have to presume are mistakenly heard lyrics.........

What is Mouth of every Club...and has anyone else experienced the idea that these are not official lyrics on the site??
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it is plug.... like... I've always thought of those lyrics as kneeling down and unplugging all the lights and stuff around you... and then even though he does that (the character in the story or ed himself) he still doesn't feel safe (nothings sound)
  • Options
    WOW those lyrics on the pearljam.com site are F'd up!

"I'd stay but my last tab left me"

wtf is that.... it's supposed to be

"I stayed where my last step left me."

These are supposed to be the official lyrics???
  • Options
    so who wants to help me with corrections? cause everything i have i got from the site.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    WOW those lyrics on the pearljam.com site are F'd up!

"I'd stay but my last tab left me"

wtf is that.... it's supposed to be

"I stayed where my last step left me."

These are supposed to be the official lyrics???
    You made me LMAOed :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    http://www.lukin.com is pretty good for lyrics but it's missing lost dogs and the self-titled release... if anything you can cross check the lyrics you have with the ones on lukin.com
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I was given as a gift a 3 ring binder with every PJ song and its lyrics.

One of the best gifts I've ever got. :)
  • Options
    i like sound...
  • Options

That book was great, the artwork and the lyrics and the organaztion were good. I wish I had done that.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows