Options

the environment still means nothing to bush

darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2006/09/08/355672-epa-proposes-easing-pollution-rules

deregulation of environmental controls really isnt the way to go. did katrina not teach bush anything? even if it did not helpt persuade him in the argument of global warming, it should have told him the public actually care abuot peoples impact on this planet.

also this comes in the wake of BP being condemned by the Sente for its dire maintainance record in alaska.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    darkcrow wrote:
    http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2006/09/08/355672-epa-proposes-easing-pollution-rules

deregulation of environmental controls really isnt the way to go. did katrina not teach bush anything? even if it did not helpt persuade him in the argument of global warming, it should have told him the public actually care abuot peoples impact on this planet.

also this comes in the wake of BP being condemned by the Sente for its dire maintainance record in alaska.
    I don't think Global Warming had anything to do with Katrina.

People get hype (correct hype) about Global warming and a strong storm season and jump to all sorts of conclusions.. Global Warming is almost definetly a reality, but it's effects will be slow and won't be visible for years and years and years. The pollution however has already been effecting us.. as early as the 60s...

Bush is an asshole. And what's shoved up that asshole is the giant hand of the oil industry. I'm never surprised at stuff like this.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    I dont expect bush to be completley 'conservationist' and be all 'greenpeace', but when the earth is heating up for everyone, that should be top priority, it should be an issue for everyone, fuck the war, they'll be nothing to war on if you dont sort this shit out for the time being.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    I dont expect bush to be completley 'conservationist' and be all 'greenpeace', but when the earth is heating up for everyone, that should be top priority, it should be an issue for everyone, fuck the war, they'll be nothing to war on if you dont sort this shit out for the time being.

Agreed. One needs to pay at least some attention to issues that are going to impact the planet's well-being down the road. Our survival depends on it.
  • Options
    I really can't believe Bush. I agree with Boom, there will be nothing left. No matter how much he doesn't believe global warming is happening doesn't mean it won't happen and it won't take years and years. You can see the effects now-its september and it's boiling hot where i am in the UK then it suddenly changes to thunderstorms and flooding, animals are dying from the heat and you can see a change if you look around. Bush needs to wake up-you can't take money with you-it's not the world that's going to suffer it will be us.
    * We were but stones....your light made us stars *

One day, some day i will get to see Pearl Jam in the UK!!!

Fingers crossed for London!!!! (nope, didn't get tickets for that either)