Options

Tell me what you think

13»

Comments

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I don't believe they have a soccer team.

http://www.rebelsoccer.net/
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    El_Kabong wrote:

My god. I may have seen everything. Did you take the time to look this up?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i say, that's the beauty of living in a free society. world cup or not, i see nothing wrong with someone flying a flag other than the US if they so desire. seems a ridiculous thing to actually spend a town meeting discussing, and in no way do i see it as disrespectful to the US, not at all. i think you can proudly be american, AND be proud of your heritage as well, one is not mutually exclusive of the other.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    My god. I may have seen everything. Did you take the time to look this up?

i just googled 'rebel soccer' and it was the first hit
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    I'm wondering why anyone would bring up such an insigificant thought at a town meeting which apparently took place in the most bankrupt state in the union. Albany's Medicaid policy is out of control forcing counties to tax private citizens to death while driving out private business so government employees can retire at 55 after a life of never having had to do a day of real work in their life.
    Albany is in New Jersey?
    that's awesome! what you should do now is threaten any neighbors that have given you problems...say some assclown walking through your garden, or some dope letting his dog do his thing on your lawn...and when they ignore your wishes....threaten them again!
    I have an especially fearless and vigilant beagle, so no one traipses through my garden or uses my lawn as a toilet. But if they did, I doubt they'd leave without knowing my exact feelings about the matter.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    Purple HawkPurple Hawk Posts: 1,300
    hippiemom wrote:
    Albany is in New Jersey?

practically. the point is the same, who would care to bring up such a minor point when your state government is about to self-implode?
    And you ask me what I want this year
    And I try to make this kind and clear
    Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
    Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
    And desire and love and empty things
  • Options
    practically. the point is the same, who would care to bring up such a minor point when your state government is about to self-implode?
    After all these years of hearing about the horrors of Adam and Steve, women having their 376th abortion, heathens forcibly preventing kids from saying prayers in class, and boogie men in turbans plotting to blow up the local mall, you still ask this question?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    After all these years of hearing about the horrors of Adam and Steve, women having their 376th abortion, heathens forcibly preventing kids from saying prayers in class, and boogie men in turbans plotting to blow up the local mall, you still ask this question?

this post = why Democrats will not win a national elections for quite some time. not on topic, full of hatefull generalizations and failing to address the point at hand:

New York state (and New Jersey) are about to go bankrupt because there aren't enough people in the private sector to support freeloaders who work for the federal government who think it's their god (sorry, didn't mean to mention god on a public forum) given right to a pension at 55!
  • Options
    this post = why Democrats will not win a national elections for quite some time. not on topic, full of hatefull generalizations and failing to address the point at hand:

New York state (and New Jersey) are about to go bankrupt because there aren't enough people in the private sector to support freeloaders who work for the federal government who think it's their god (sorry, didn't mean to mention god on a public forum) given right to a pension at 55!
    Oh for heavens sake, lighten up. I thought we were on the same side on this one. I was merely making a smart-ass response to your smart-ass post about politicians focusing on nonsense when there's real work to be done on real issues that have a real impact on the population. I thought you'd get it ... apparently I've overestimated you.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Oh for heavens sake, lighten up. I thought we were on the same side on this one. I was merely making a smart-ass response to your smart-ass post about politicians focusing on nonsense when there's real work to be done on real issues that have a real impact on the population. I thought you'd get it ... apparently I've overestimated you.

blah...i hate situations like this (where I'm wrong)...blah!
  • Options
    blah...i hate situations like this (where I'm wrong)...blah!
    Heehee ... I won't deny that I was right this time, but don't worry, I'm sure the tables will be turned one of these days :)
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Heehee ... I won't deny that I was right this time, but don't worry, I'm sure the tables will be turned one of these days :)

to repeat.....BLAH!!
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    mammasan wrote:
    I attended a town hall meeting last night in the town I used to live in, my cousin still lives in the town and I was with him prior to going out for dinner. The town has a very diverse population, a mix of Irish, Scottish, Spanish, Portugese, and several South American nationalities the majority of which is Brazilian. A resident of the town addressed the council and all in attendance about the multitude of non-US flags being flown at people's homes due to the World Cup. They wanted the town to demand that anyone flying a flag that was not that of the US should remove it immediatly because it was an insult to this country especially around the Independence Day holiday. Other town residents where in agreement. One resident stated that they should all go back to their country and fly their flag there and stop disgracing this country. Other residents expressed that this was simply people supporting their teams during the World Cup, just like if someone has a Yankees or Jets flag outside of their home in show of support. What is your take on this?
    ........this makes me feel ill, sad minded fucks! Can these people be forced to take down their flags??? I would hope not! I see people flying Ghana, Trinidada and Tobago etcetc in London, theres no way such a meeting would be considered, and this taking into accont that England are still in the cup and have a chance of winning it(something the USA never did).
    Some people have nothing to do with their small meaningless lives but interfere with others, the same people who peep out of their curtains at neighbours and are titillated by gruesome murders ect ect
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    I am curious about how people in other nations would react if someone in one of these places flew an American flag ...
    I would think "look at those nobs" but that would be the end of it. There would be no intention to lord it over them. However, there would doubtless be those who would take offense whereever you go.......I dont for a second assume that this is an 'american thing' , but the people who feel the need to speak out in anger need to be told their place!
  • Options
    he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    mammasan wrote:
    I attended a town hall meeting last night in the town I used to live in, my cousin still lives in the town and I was with him prior to going out for dinner. The town has a very diverse population, a mix of Irish, Scottish, Spanish, Portugese, and several South American nationalities the majority of which is Brazilian. A resident of the town addressed the council and all in attendance about the multitude of non-US flags being flown at people's homes due to the World Cup. They wanted the town to demand that anyone flying a flag that was not that of the US should remove it immediatly because it was an insult to this country especially around the Independence Day holiday. Other town residents where in agreement. One resident stated that they should all go back to their country and fly their flag there and stop disgracing this country. Other residents expressed that this was simply people supporting their teams during the World Cup, just like if someone has a Yankees or Jets flag outside of their home in show of support. What is your take on this?

Holy fuck do you live in rural Alabama??? Well I guess the same thing would probably happen where I live.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Holy fuck do you live in rural Alabama??? Well I guess the same thing would probably happen where I live.

Actually no,my cousin libe, and I as well live in northern New Jersey. And by the way viva Portugal!!!!!!
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    mammasan wrote:
    Actually no,my cousin libe, and I as well live in northern New Jersey. And by the way viva Portugal!!!!!!

wow i thought this tread died. i think the question has to be asked to all the people at that town meeting. i stated it earlier, do you actually know that america i sreally not your land but the native land. you took it from them. if you think that putting another flag is disrespectful of The USA, how do you thik they feel?

one last thing: VIVA LA PORTUGAL
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    I saw about 1 Canadian flag on Canada Day (july 1st) and about 20 Italians flags, maybe around 30 French flags, 15 Portugese flags and a lot of Quebec flags (that were still flying from the previous week Quebec holiday).

I don't see how it's an offense, those who think so are plain stupid, yes stupid, and probably racist...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    welcome to america!! ... i guess these residents wouldn't want american flags flying anywhere but in the US ...