Options

Security funding list: Bean fest, but not Times Square?

mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/12/security.grants.ap/index.html

You have no choice but to laugh at the complete incompitence of the Department of Homeland Security. An Insect Zoo is a terrorist target but not the Statue of Liberty.
"When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    mammasan wrote:

You have no choice but to laugh at the complete incompitence of the Department of Homeland Security. An Insect Zoo is a terrorist target but not the Statue of Liberty.
    "The department's database of vulnerable critical infrastructure and key resources included an insect zoo, a bourbon festival, a bean fest and a kangaroo conservation center."

"The Homeland Security assessment of New York this year failed to include Times Square, the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge or the Statue of Liberty as a national icon or monument."

They should just close up shop. Lock the doors, send everyone off to the unemployment line. Seriously ... we can be completely unsafe for FREE.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    1970RR1970RR Posts: 281
    Some blame should go to whatever dolts in the individual states would submit such ridiculous items. No doubt the thought of federal money was dancing in their heads.
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    "The department's database of vulnerable critical infrastructure and key resources included an insect zoo, a bourbon festival, a bean fest and a kangaroo conservation center."

I'd like to attend a bourbon and bean festival held at a kangaroo & insect preserve.

Of course, someone in the current administration will probably go on Meet the Press and praise the Department of Homeland Security by pointing out the fact that terrorists haven't been able to mount successful attacks on any of our bean/bourbon fests or on our insect zoos and our kangaroo preserves.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    I'd like to attend a bourbon and bean festival held at a kangaroo & insect preserve.

Of course, someone in the current administration will probably go on Meet the Press and praise the Department of Homeland Security by pointing out the fact that terrorists haven't been able to mount successful attacks on any of our bean/bourbon fests or on our insect zoos and our kangaroo preserves.
    Bourbon really isn't my thing, but do let me know if you hear of any vodka fests. Even if it hasn't been terrorist-proofed, I'm willing to take my chances, but all the better if it's held at a kangaroo preserve. Lots of vodka, surrounded by kangaroos ... how could you NOT have fun?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Bourbon really isn't my thing, but do let me know if you hear of any vodka fests. Even if it hasn't been terrorist-proofed, I'm willing to take my chances, but all the better if it's held at a kangaroo preserve. Lots of vodka, surrounded by kangaroos ... how could you NOT have fun?

We could set up boxing matches between drunk humans and drunk kangaroos. Drunken interspecies sack races (more accurately, "pouch races") with toddlers riding inside the kangaroo pouches! That's entertainment.

Screw the Dept. of Homeland Security, we don't need 'em. No terrorist would ever try to fuck with a bunch of kangaroos who've been drinking vodka all day.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    mammasan wrote:

Agree 100%. If someone hit's the SOL it's carte blanche for the US war machine to go nutzo forever
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    Eh. It's probably just the Federal Government paying back New York not voting Bush in '04. And after all he's done for them, too.
  • Options
    RainDog wrote:
    Eh. It's probably just the Federal Government paying back New York not voting Bush in '04. And after all he's done for them, too.
    Ingrates! :mad:
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    They represent examples of key assets identified in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, and Maryland.

?
    seriously?
    and then it goes on to say that illinois has the most? exactly what kind of terrorists do they imagine?

although i am curious...where exactly do we have a kangaroo preserve? cool. :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    I feel safer already. Indiana!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proving once again, there's more than corn in Indiana.

Edit: But seriously, there's more national icons on Manhattan than probably the entire midwest, excluding Chicago..