Options

Biden was right, Obama will be tested: Russia deploys missiles

2»

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    in the article Medvedev directly refers to Obama...Bush is a lame duck president right now

so basically you are saying if we are attacked, our lame duck has to wait around and do nothing while he waits for the new President?

Bush created this problem that Russia is reacting to. They are using this opportunity to react. Russia is weak, the military may be big, but their equipment is still a mess, because they haven't adopted the notion of preventive maintenance. Though the U S military's equipment is a mess at the moment due to lack of funding to do any preventive maintenance or replace/fix things broken or missing. Well at least the Army.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    scw156scw156 Posts: 442
    I'm lost. Isn't GWB still president for another 70-some-odd days? I realize Obama is going to inherit this mess, but how is this currently a test for Obama when it's still a Bush administration? The article doesn't even say when the missiles are being deployed.

exactly
    The Sentence Below Is True
    The Sentence Above Is False
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    gabers wrote:
    But there is a difference between missile for defense and tactical nuclear missiles.
    So? If you deploy a missile defense system at their borders, they deploy tactical missiles in firing positions at your borders, too close for your defensive missile to track them.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Evil Russian commies.

their missiles bad, US missiles good.

US Good guys, Russia bad guys.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Biden never even once said that Obama would be tested due to his inexperience. I am quite certain he meant because he is a new president, which would be to say that either of them would have been tested. W was tested. For the conservative right to keep twisting that around was really annoying and I wanted to set the record straight.

The implication that only President Obama would be tested is a pant load of shit.

That said, remember that President Bush is still our president. So I am not sure this counts as a test on President-Elect Obama's administration.