Options

Obama releases tax returns and guess what was there?

pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
edited March 2008 in A Moving Train
27,500 dollars donated to his Trinity Church...oh yeah the one that he wasnt consciously listening to the past 20 years

so does this answer anything to anyone?

oh yeah and out of the 1.5 million he has recently made he has donated less than 1% to charity something he recently has preached to the rest of us to do...

so when you say you believe in "change" you meant the pennies in your pocket, right Obama?

do as i say, not as i do right? gotta love politicians
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Duh, captain obvious! He's a politician...sheesh, what do you expect?? ;)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hmmmm...i guess i'm a pedophile since in the past i have given money to the catholic church....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    hmmmm...i guess i'm a pedophile since in the past i have given money to the catholic church....:rolleyes:

You really shouldn't be giving money to those dirty, twisted perverts, cutback. :D;)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    SilverSeedSilverSeed Posts: 336
    You really shouldn't be giving money to those dirty, twisted perverts, cutback. :D;)

Haha...

Really though $20k to his church is:

a) charitable (I don't know if this is included in the 1%, and obviously 20k more won't raise that percentage, which is a bummer... I would have loved to have seen a lot more in that area)

b) definitely not just supporting anti-white rhetoric and whatever else nonsense might be implied. Churches do a lot of good in their communities, regardless of their leader's political leanings (I know this is a broad statement, probably debatable, but on the whole I believe is correct)
    When Jesus said "Love your enemies" he probably didn't mean kill them...

"Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead. No, wait, not me, you." -Deep Toughts, Jack Handy
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    guess it's time to vote hilary guys!!
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    hodge wrote:

Who would do such a horrible thing like vote for that?

-Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    hodge wrote:

Still waiting to see hers...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    pjalive21 wrote:
    That Hillary, when/if she finally releases hers, will be wishing she had Obamas accountant.
  • Options
    JzacurJzacur Posts: 64
    He gave about 1 percent of his income which is I believe average for an American citizen. The man has two young children, do you want him to give away all of his money? He probably wants to give his children great opportunities in this world and really who doesn't want that.

I cannot wait to see Hilary's tax returns. Now that should be entertaining.
    9/28/05 PNC Park Pittsburgh- 6/23/06 Mellon Arena Pittsburgh- 8/02/07 The Vic- 8/05/07- Lollapalooza 6/22/08 DC
  • Options
    I wouldn't ever give my money to a church. Not a cent.

It all gets trickles down into the hands of warmongers and others that cheat and steal. Especially TV evangelists.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    pjalive21 wrote:
    27,500 dollars donated to his Trinity Church...oh yeah the one that he wasnt consciously listening to the past 20 years

oh yeah and out of the 1.5 million he has recently made he has donated less than 1% to charity something he recently has preached to the rest of us to do...

so when you say you believe in "change" you meant the pennies in your pocket, right Obama?

So all church donations are personal contributions to the pastor, now?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    So all church donations are personal contributions to the pastor, now?

possibly in this instance...dont know what the intent was when he signed the check and only Obama knows and from the more and more that is coming out everyday on the situation......?

as far as Hilary, yeah that would be an interesting tax return..haha
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    pjalive21 wrote:
    possibly in this instance...dont know what the intent was when he signed the check and only Obama knows and from the more and more that is coming out everyday on the situation......?

as far as Hilary, yeah that would be an interesting tax return..haha

Nothing's coming out "on the situation". Nothing except a couple of hysterically camp neo-Nazis on Fox News.
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:

Have you ever thought the reason why he only has donated 1% is because he is running his campaign? i mean you never know.

Also who cares if he donated 20K to his Church. i'm anti-religion, but churchs in general do good deeds no matter who their religious leader is. Every religion has leaders the has said or done terrible things, but it does not mean we should condemn the followers and the whole religion. i.e. catholics-WWII, Jews-Israeli Front, it happens.
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..
  • Options

It all gets trickles down into the hands of warmongers and others that cheat and steal. Especially TV evangelists.

I'm sorry but that is just stupid. Not all money given to a church or a religious organization "trickles down into the hands of warmongers..."

What an ignorant comment. I work for a non-profit Christian organization and not a dime of the money that is donated to our area is given to those nasty Republicans.

As for Obama, it's typical. Always preaching, but never practicing. Seems to be SOP for wealthy liberals, so I'm not surprised.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    SilverSeed wrote:
    Haha...

Really though $20k to his church is:

a) charitable (I don't know if this is included in the 1%, and obviously 20k more won't raise that percentage, which is a bummer... I would have loved to have seen a lot more in that area)

b) definitely not just supporting anti-white rhetoric and whatever else nonsense might be implied. Churches do a lot of good in their communities, regardless of their leader's political leanings (I know this is a broad statement, probably debatable, but on the whole I believe is correct)

I've said this maybe 100 times on this message board already, but ... who the hell stays in a church if the preacher is spouting shit you find to be horrendously wrong? Much less donates $27 K.

Seriously, I've known people who have left churches because he won't end in time to catch the noon football games ... guys start spouting stuff that makes me cringe, I'm fucking out of there.

My only conclusion through all this stuff is that Obama must believe this stuff, too. That might not make a difference to many of you, and cool on that. But if I reject what Rev. Wright says (and I do) then I have to reject B.O. as well.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    BOOOM wrote:
    Have you ever thought the reason why he only has donated 1% is because he is running his campaign? i mean you never know.

Also who cares if he donated 20K to his Church. i'm anti-religion, but churchs in general do good deeds no matter who their religious leader is. Every religion has leaders the has said or done terrible things, but it does not mean we should condemn the followers and the whole religion. i.e. catholics-WWII, Jews-Israeli Front, it happens.

Not the point. The point is... He supposedly "barely" went to this church. Or, if he did, he disagreed with almost everything the pastor espoused.

And yet, he's giving this guy's church more than most of his constituents make in a year?

You don't see the questions raised in that? You think Obama is being honest here? Really? And if everything is on the up and up, why be untruthful about your relationship with the church?

Obama is skeevy ... just like everyone else, apparently. If we're not voting for "change" maybe we should at least vote for someone who knows what the fuck they are doing ... which would be either of the other two candidates.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:

If he donated 27,500 to that church alone, he donated nearly 2%. At $1.5M, he only needs to donate 15,000 to reach the 1% mark.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    what a dick Obama is, giving money to a church...

he must hate america and freedom...
  • Options
    RainDogRainDog Posts: 1,831
    Not the point. The point is... He supposedly "barely" went to this church. Or, if he did, he disagreed with almost everything the pastor espoused.
    No. Now let me see if I can walk you through this. He went to that church regularly. Rev. Wright is one of a few preachers there. Roughly 2 minutes of footage of Wright have been culled from over 30 years of preaching, from a few different sermons, and labled "hate." Obama claims to have not been there during those sermons (debatable but possible), though he has heard Wright preach controversial things before (most certainly), disagrees with him on a few things (impossible not to), but believes in the overall good of the church and it's works.

Your point is about as sharp as a cupcake.

And let's not pretend this is some sort of shocking deal breaker for you here. You'd never have voted for him anyway.
  • Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130

Our church is currently raising money, as part of what is called the "Justice and Mercy Initiative", specifically to build a "Hope Center" in Serenje, Zambia. One of the primary resons for the Hope Center is to confront the AIDS epidemic ravishing Africa. This is just one of many humanitarian efforts our church takes a hand on approach to both internationally and domestically. Personally, i recall a particularly tight time when my wife and i couldn't make the mortgage payment. The church took care of it. Cheaters and thieves indeed. :rolleyes:
    Know what you're talking about before talking about it.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    cornnifer wrote:
    Our church is currently raising money, as part of what is called the "Justice and Mercy Initiative", specifically to build a "Hope Center" in Serenje, Zambia. One of the primary resons for the Hope Center is to confront the AIDS epidemic ravishing Africa. This is just one of many humanitarian efforts our church takes a hand on approach to both internationally and domestically. Personally, i recall a particularly tight time when my wife and i couldn't make the mortgage payment. The church took care of it. Cheaters and thieves indeed. :rolleyes:
    Know what you're talking about before talking about it.

Yeah, that was a moronic comment... I don't go to church really at all, but went on Easter when we were home visiting my family (who is very involved with their church). There were some very admirable (county food bank, "Newborns in Need", Meals on Wheels, a local autism school, and national/international charities like Habitat for Humanity, Heifer International Project).

For a small church, they really do a lot in terms of helping others. I can only imagine the help that a huge church can do.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln