Options

Will Hillary Pull the Plug on Iraq?

My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
edited October 2007 in A Moving Train
I don't think so. How can she when the defense contactors are shelling money out for her campaign? Are we once again going to be left with no fucking options for real change in this country. I have to admit I'm of the opinion that we can't just up and leave but I don't want to be there forever either.

I'm just feeling defeated already when I see all the money going into these campaigns and its all going to the candidates that won't change much of anything.

http://www.alternet.org/story/65869/

How do we get someone that's going to work to imrpove the lives of all of us? I wish I knew.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    last night Hillary said she would pull money suppliments from big oil and others, and cut no bid contracts to haliburton and others like them, restructure and put controls in place in regards to the defense contractors.

it's not that easy though, and in regards to haliburton, it is impossible unless you first pull the troops out of Iraq. They have our government and military by the balls, we tried to recover and hold them accountable in 2004 for the 9 to 11 billion dollars in unaccounted for funds, and they told the army that they would pull out of Iraq support if they continued to look for these funds. They have a high minority, possible a majority of the cilivian contractors in Iraq in a support function for our military, food services, logistical support, shipping goods in country, etc... they run the burger kings on military posts, aafes (7 eleven type stores) on military posts, laundry services, and other services that improve conditions for our military. I bought "No Code" from an AAFES on my post in Bosnia in the summer of '96, and though the employee was a volunteer from the states, it was run and supplied by a haliburton type company contracted by AAFES (army air force exchange service).

Also, will anyone hold any president to there word? Bush hasn't done shit in regards to his campaign promises in 2000, and even 2004.

we are a country of adds, forgetting the problems of today before we lay down to sleep tomorrow...how can anyone see improvement, true change coming when the citizens of this country have idlely watched the Bush administration abuse and ignore the Constitution of the United States?
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    "Will she be the person who brings about the change in this country?" 2004 vice presidential nominee John Edwards said. "You know, I believe in Santa Claus. I believe in the tooth fairy. But I don't think that's going to happen."
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Hillary sucks.
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    Hillary sucks.

for some reason, I'm thinking she doesn't....:D
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    inmytree wrote:

lol
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    inmytree wrote:

can't say I didn't see a comment like this coming.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Nope.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    My3rdEye wrote:
    I don't think so. How can she when the defense contactors are shelling money out for her campaign? Are we once again going to be left with no fucking options for real change in this country. I have to admit I'm of the opinion that we can't just up and leave but I don't want to be there forever either.

I'm just feeling defeated already when I see all the money going into these campaigns and its all going to the candidates that won't change much of anything.

http://www.alternet.org/story/65869/

How do we get someone that's going to work to improve the lives of all of us? I wish I knew.

i think she's stupid enough to pull out. we're there for a reason and most of you don't know the reason. if we don't finish the job; the enemy will follow us home. it's a handful of insurgents stopping peace. we have a million people sneeking over our border every year so the enemy following us home is a reality and easy to do. we've seen what happens when we fight them here. not just 9/11 but all the other terrorist attacks we've endured. look at all the terrorist attacks in europe. if that's the way you want american life to be; then by all means; pull out now. let's get our troops home and fighting on our own streets.

does anyone know if hillary will return the things she stole from the whitehouse if she's elected?
  • Options
    i think she's stupid enough to pull out. we're there for a reason and most of you don't know the reason. if we don't finish the job; the enemy will follow us home. it's a handful of insurgents stopping peace. we have a million people sneeking over our border every year so the enemy following us home is a reality and easy to do. we've seen what happens when we fight them here. not just 9/11 but all the other terrorist attacks we've endured. look at all the terrorist attacks in europe. if that's the way you want american life to be; then by all means; pull out now. let's get our troops home and fighting on our own streets.

does anyone know if hillary will return the things she stole from the whitehouse if she's elected?

Reason...? help me out, what's this months "reason"...?
  • Options
    She probably won't have to worry about it if she repeats that abysmal performace that she had in last night's debate....
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    we're there for a reason and most of you don't know the reason.
    Can you share this reason with us, or is it classified?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    inmytree wrote:
    Reason...? help me out, what's this months "reason"...?

ok i'll bite. we are currently there fighting the foreign element that has come into Iraq......el queda.

we are there to help restore the country back to normal since we fucked it up. trying to help build a democracy...a police force....an army....

of course you don't agree with those reasons but it is what it is.
  • Options
    mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    jlew24asu wrote:
    ok i'll bite. we are currently there fighting the foreign element that has come into Iraq......el queda.

we are there to help restore the country back to normal since we fucked it up. trying to help build a democracy...a police force....an army....

True but those are not the reasons why we went there in the first place. Also this whole we fight them there so we will not have to fight them here is laughably pathetic. It's fear mongering at it's best.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:

it is huh..? anyhoo, you're right, I don't buy it...

isn't it a bit selfish that we are staying to fight al quada...what I mean is, what gives us a right to stay in another country to fight a "foreign element"...couldn't be argued that if we left, that said element would leave, as well...
  • Options
    inmytree wrote:
    it is huh..? anyhoo, you're right, I don't buy it...
    what dont you buy? are my reasons wrong?
    inmytree wrote:
    isn't it a bit selfish that we are staying to fight al quada...what I mean is, what gives us a right to stay in another country to fight a "foreign element"...couldn't be argued that if we left, that said element would leave, as well...

sure maybe. while I dont think they would follow us home, el queda isnt going to magically disappear.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    True but those are not the reasons why we went there in the first place. Also this whole we fight them there so we will not have to fight them here is laughably pathetic. It's fear mongering at it's best.

o for sure. the reasons for going and the reasons for staying are completely different.
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:

Don't you know that terrorists are notably bad multi-taskers? The can't possibly plan an attack abroad while they are fighting in the streets of Baghdad.

:)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    jlew24asu wrote:

Those are not reasons... they are excuses.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    jlew24asu wrote:
    what dont you buy? are my reasons wrong?

wrong? hard to say, but I believe there are "other" reasons, like power and control of the region for our own purposes...and controlling he oil in Irak, as well as the drug supply in Afghanistan...this effort is more about global domination and power, rather than saving people from saddam...there is money to be made...and the current powers that be are working hard to insure it's made...payed for by our tax dollars...
    jlew24asu wrote:
    sure maybe. while I dont think they would follow us home, el queda isnt going to magically disappear.

so you agree, it's a selfish notion...?