Options

CFR Middle East Strategy for next President

My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
edited February 2008 in A Moving Train
I found this interesting. CFR is partnering with the Saban Center at Brookings to put together a Middle East Strategy so "the next administration can hit the ground running". I wonder if they did this for Dubya.

http://www.cfr.org/publication/15505/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    My3rdEye wrote:
    I found this interesting. CFR is partnering with the Saban Center at Brookings to put together a Middle East Strategy so "the next administration can hit the ground running". I wonder if they did this for Dubya.

The whole world will be different soon.
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    My3rdEye wrote:

They probably did. I mean, that's what they do, isn't it? Work out foreign policy alternatives for the congress and president to use? And somebody better start thinking long and hard about what to do about the Iraq mess the US is in, and will continue to be in no matter who is president.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    They probably did. I mean, that's what they do, isn't it? Work out foreign policy alternatives for the congress and president to use? And somebody better start thinking long and hard about what to do about the Iraq mess the US is in, and will continue to be in no matter who is president.

Peace
    Dan

Yes I suppose you're right. I guess I just question their motive. I mean US foreign policy is so fucked up maybe it's best not to listen to these folks if they've been advising the current administration. Or maybe this is what they wanted.
  • Options
    OutOfBreathOutOfBreath Posts: 1,804
    My3rdEye wrote:
    Yes I suppose you're right. I guess I just question their motive. I mean US foreign policy is so fucked up maybe it's best not to listen to these folks if they've been advising the current administration. Or maybe this is what they wanted.
    Perhaps. But someone better think of something new soon.

Peace
    Dan
    "YOU [humans] NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN'T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?" - Death

"Every judgment teeters on the brink of error. To claim absolute knowledge is to become monstrous. Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty." - Frank Herbert, Dune, 1965
  • Options
    My3rdEye wrote:
    I wonder if they did this for Dubya.

You tell me.

:rolleyes:
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?