Options

Canada's missle defence??

not4unot4u Posts: 513
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Missle defence seems more like a evil Money Pit using North Korea as a Scapegoat.
we don't want war, but we still want more?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    truroutetruroute Posts: 251
    Canada's missle defence is the United States..wether they pay for it or not.

I dont mean that in spite or anything, but its also in the US's best interest if Canada doesn't get hit either. The US just wouldnt let that happen.
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    anyone who thinks missle defence is about protecting the country and NOT about war profiteering - well, i got some solar powered flashlights to sell ya ...
  • Options
    1970RR1970RR Posts: 281
    polaris wrote:
    anyone who thinks missle defence is about protecting the country and NOT about war profiteering - well, i got some solar powered flashlights to sell ya ...
    Like these: http://www.solareagle.com/sunmate_flash.html
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    truroute wrote:
    Canada's missle defence is the United States..wether they pay for it or not.

I dont mean that in spite or anything, but its also in the US's best interest if Canada doesn't get hit either. The US just wouldnt let that happen.

can you explain to me why it is in the us best interest that canada doesn't get hit. i would think that it is in their best interest if we do.
  • Options
    1970RR wrote:

yup! ... i'm the official sales rep for North America ... sales have been up since harper became PM ...
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    not4u wrote:
    Missle defence seems more like a evil Money Pit using North Korea as a Scapegoat.

The States haven't proven anything works since they choked bad with the Patriot missile in their last journey into the wild, wild, middle east. So why would anybody who watched those not work and toss in the tests that haven't worked remotely close to anything anybody would want to buy and or chip into, to not protect a continent, would be lining somebody's pocket and not protecting anything.

Oh those big bad N. Koreans fired a missile a whole 100 miles into an ocean. Better watch out. The next one may make it 500 miles?????

Isn't the fact that the States have adopted the "we will strike first" approach, basically a missile defence system anyhow.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    thankyougrandmathankyougrandma Posts: 1,182
    The only protection i need can be found at the drug store.

The funniest thing this week, is Harper being invite to his pal Georgie's birthday bash :).

Harper probably told W. "I can't say it publicly, but we will participate in your big toys program, don't worry, Canadians are dumb and won't notice", yeah, probably similar to this, we can't be in the know, gotta do it from the backdoor, just like he intentionaly screwed the canadian lumber industry, ahhh, fun to watch him go, and trying to change all that was considered "canadians values" into his own values and making it sound like his own values and Cons. values are Canadians values, in fact i think some are buying into all this bullshit. "N.Korea launching missile is a treat to Canada" Bullshit... anyway end of rant...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    RockinInCanadaRockinInCanada Posts: 2,016
    Although, not to defend the guy, Harper did tell Bush Canada has no intentions of opening up debate on the missle defence program...I wonder though would there be discussion if they had a majority....????
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    The only protection i need can be found at the drug store.

The funniest thing this week, is Harper being invite to his pal Georgie's birthday bash :).

Harper probably told W. "I can't say it publicly, but we will participate in your big toys program, don't worry, Canadians are dumb and won't notice", yeah, probably similar to this, we can't be in the know, gotta do it from the backdoor, just like he intentionaly screwed the canadian lumber industry, ahhh, fun to watch him go, and trying to change all that was considered "canadians values" into his own values and making it sound like his own values and Cons. values are Canadians values, in fact i think some are buying into all this bullshit. "N.Korea launching missile is a treat to Canada" Bullshit... anyway end of rant...

The whole time Harper addressed the press yesterday he was looking at his shoes. You know the truth is being spoken when. At least Bush adds some zest into his lies so the flock will get excited. Harper is just plain boring.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    The whole time Harper addressed the press yesterday he was looking at his shoes. You know the truth is being spoken when. At least Bush adds some zest into his lies so the flock will get excited. Harper is just plain boring.

In a comical way I am going to miss Bush after '08...although it is for comical reasons....
  • Options
    Although, not to defend the guy, Harper did tell Bush Canada has no intentions of opening up debate on the missle defence program...I wonder though would there be discussion if they had a majority....????

he knows how unpopular the program is - of course he isn't going to open the debate ... its similar to kyoto - all he's got is wait for the made in canada solution ... he's not gonna venture into controversial topics because he knows he does not share popular view ...
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:

that's the reason i liked Chrétien, just listening to him was damn exciting, and you never knew when he was going to jump on someone's throat, as you said Harper is just boring.

I like Bush gimmicks (not politics), but Harper is still a rookie, he might learn a trick or two from his buddy...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    polaris wrote:
    he knows how unpopular the program is - of course he isn't going to open the debate ... its similar to kyoto - all he's got is wait for the made in canada solution ... he's not gonna venture into controversial topics because he knows he does not share popular view ...

Although he has the government by the balls...sorry to say he does...Jack Layton has done nothing but sit on his ass in parliament (I voted for him so I am disappointed) and the Liberals (do they even exist anymore)...what worries me is he may venture into areas that are divided...he will get what he wants because this minority is going ot have to do what they want...cause seriouly as of right now...no one will oppose him for fear of a new election...right ol Steve holds all the cards...my biggest fear from a minority government was that Harper would play possum..."Hey Im your friend"...keep controversial decisions off the plate...then when the next election comes people will say..."you know Steve is a pretty good guy"...give him a majority...then watch-out...that is what concerns me...and that is road we are travelling on....
  • Options

not opening the debate is not really a statement against the missile defense program, not saying he will do it, but he's sure not talking against it...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    polaris wrote:

Also I do believe that support is higher for a program like this then a year or two ago....although I still hold my beliefs that it is a futile effort....remember people he does have power there are those that hold his beliefs...this country is a changing...sorry to say but it is.....
  • Options
    Also I do believe that support is higher for a program like this then a year or two ago....although I still hold my beliefs that it is a futile effort....remember people he does have power there are those that hold his beliefs...this country is a changing...sorry to say but it is.....

this program has no support whatsoever ... its moronic ... only the most fear-mongered person would accept this plan ...

but i do agree that he will somehow appease the americans ... one way or another ...
  • Options
    if they would at least be able to MAKE IT WORK :), it's just a huge comedy, in fact i wouldn't mind laughing at another missed try out...
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    polaris wrote:

I can beleive its a little bit a both.
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    can you explain to me why it is in the us best interest that canada doesn't get hit. i would think that it is in their best interest if we do.

Lets see........big trading partners, fallout, friends, allies..............

edit: oh yeah, and dont forget most of you 'nadians up there are white.....:D
  • Options
    With the talk about the failed test of the system, would anyone beleive that them sayin' "it dont work to well, and it misses all the time" is all a propaganda ploy to down play how good it actually does work?

IDK, Just a thought.