Options

Half of U.S. still believes Iraq had WMD

Comments

• Options
    Bu$chlagerBu$chlager Posts: 498
    callen wrote:
    He should be impeached....and a few members of his administration should be sent to Jail (not georgy though....he meant to do the right thing) ....

...this is such a sweet time for some of us.
    Peace

Callen

This is EXACTLY the kinda thing I'm talking about...

- Dan
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    I believe they had WMDs. That does not mean the war was appropriate.

What I really want to see is a pole of how many people belive Saddam was involved in 9-11. I bet it's at least 40%.

Depends on the wording. If they ask if Saddam had anything to do with the events surrounding 9/11, I would hope it'd be much higher than that.

- Dan
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Two reasons 1/2 of the Americans still believe Iraq had WMD's. Self preservation and convenience.

First the self preservation....Americans were either on one side or the other...well many..and in defending their positions there was lots of public and private conversations about this war. Added to this Bush added the religious card in this......pro-life, pro-religion, fighting "activist" judges......so in the average (not all Dan) god loving American...Bush had to be right..and telling the truth...hell he says GOD BLESS AMERICA at any and every opportunity he has. (actually very smart move.....hence why Hilliary is getting on the boat on this one..if you can't beat them...join them). Good for her.

The second is simply convenience......you make $250k a year...you don't' want your taxes to go up....got to keep filling up that Expedition/Escalade........"fk those on entitlements....I'm keeping what I make..fk everyone else.........and God Bless America.......Go George....W".

I know I'm generalizing here......but pretty much matches all my Repug freinds....
    Oh did I already post this is a sweet time for us "Bush Haters" (-: Oh I did...

Peace
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    This is EXACTLY the kinda thing I'm talking about...

- Dan

what the elitest thing??? Sorry...not true...just there were many Americans that saw this whole thing as stinking like Schize(sp?) from the beginning....so we should be PC now that we seen how Billions of dollars were wasted..thousands of sholdiers are dead..and many many more than that are seriously wounded...come on now.....

if this wasn't what you were referring...let me know...cause I could have missed the point...
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:

What I really want to see is a pole of how many people belive Saddam was involved in 9-11. I bet it's at least 40%.

you to change your mind on beleiving they had WMD's. I'm being serious now. Administration admitted it...independent news sources have stated it......no one has found, photograped anything. Why do you still think he had them???

You also have great point on asking how many Americans think Sadaam was involved in 9/11.
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    what the elitest thing??? Sorry...not true...just there were many Americans that saw this whole thing as stinking like Schize(sp?) from the beginning....so we should be PC now that we seen how Billions of dollars were wasted..thousands of sholdiers are dead..and many many more than that are seriously wounded...come on now.....

if this wasn't what you were referring...let me know...cause I could have missed the point...

No, I wasn't calling you an elitist per say. I didn't really elude to what I was saying clearly, my bad.

I meant more along the lines of leftists revelling in their discrediting of Bush, and doing on a level that is not very contsructive. I mention it in an earlier post how if the Democrats spent all the energy they put into trying to get everyone to hate this administration, instead into contructive ideas, and getting people to back them, they'd be A LOT better off.

But the left, and their followers continue to relish in the politics of personal destruction. I just don't see how it gets us anywhere. Even if you're right, their are a million times more productive ways to go about it.

DISCLAIMER: I am not implying that the right doesn't do the EXACT same thing, because I know they do. And their are exceptions on both sides, naturally. But right now this strategy seems to be dominating the left leaning adgenda.

- Dan
  • Options
    yeah, well we brought the fucking hammer down on iraq without being 100 percent certain, now didn't we?

i love this administration...seriously. WMD's....well, let's go in there, we're not sure, but WE GOTTA TAKE ACTION NOW!!!!

global warming, well, we got all the scientists that say it's happening, but let's not do anything rash like......anything. let's just wait on that one.

You're right. We should have more President's like Bill Clinton. Such a go getter on global warming, and really had his pulse on national security threats. :)
  • Options
    why no impeachment hearings....let's see. maybe because the HOUSE and SENATE are republican controlled? maybe because the fucking democrats are spineless?

he should be impeached. i mean, we impeached a guy for lying about a blowjob! come on!!

Sex = Bad
    Guns Killing = Acceptible

and "God Bless America"
  • Options
    yeah, well we brought the fucking hammer down on iraq without being 100 percent certain, now didn't we?

i love this administration...seriously. WMD's....well, let's go in there, we're not sure, but WE GOTTA TAKE ACTION NOW!!!!

global warming, well, we got all the scientists that say it's happening, but let's not do anything rash like......anything. let's just wait on that one.

Good point. If there was EVER an argument to be made for pre-emptive military action in this world, and I'm not saying there ever really was, it got shot to hell by this administration and the actions they took in Iraq. Sounds more like a case of premature ejaculation to me.
  • Options
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    No, I wasn't calling you an elitist per say. I didn't really elude to what I was saying clearly, my bad.

I meant more along the lines of leftists revelling in their discrediting of Bush, and doing on a level that is not very contsructive. I mention it in an earlier post how if the Democrats spent all the energy they put into trying to get everyone to hate this administration, instead into contructive ideas, and getting people to back them, they'd be A LOT better off.

But the left, and their followers continue to relish in the politics of personal destruction. I just don't see how it gets us anywhere. Even if you're right, their are a million times more productive ways to go about it.

DISCLAIMER: I am not implying that the right doesn't do the EXACT same thing, because I know they do. And their are exceptions on both sides, naturally. But right now this strategy seems to be dominating the left leaning adgenda.

- Dan

Its just we (and I'm not really a true Dem...believe alot of Rep ideals) were just sooo feakin devastated when Bush got in again...it was truely painful...and I live in Houston...the crap I got the next day at work....rubbed it rubbed it....was sick to my stomach....and got to tell you, even today..the freakin Dems are still weak and all over the place....so to the point, this is why some of us...me included, do steep low and give some back. IS childish....but feels soooo good. Say Uncle Dan ...say Uncle...(-: Just having fun...sorry its on your behalf. Oh and all my ardent Bush freinds only one's cryed uncle....but only on one or two issues.

Peace...always.

Callen
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    Its just we (and I'm not really a true Dem...believe alot of Rep ideals) were just sooo feakin devastated when Bush got in again...it was truely painful...and I live in Houston...the crap I got the next day at work....rubbed it rubbed it....was sick to my stomach....and got to tell you, even today..the freakin Dems are still weak and all over the place....so to the point, this is why some of us...me included, do steep low and give some back. IS childish....but feels soooo good. Say Uncle Dan ...say Uncle...(-: Just having fun...sorry its on your behalf. Oh and all my ardent Bush freinds only one's cryed uncle....but only on one or two issues.

Peace...always.

Callen

Hey, I know it's gonna feel good. It's fun, no doubt. But at the end of the day the left or the Dem's or whoever gotta say "Okay, fun is fun, but are we really capitalizing on this as much as we should be??"

I agree with you, I think they are weak. They are crippled by their voting record on the war, and they cannot find a way to breakthrough with any real ideas that won't make them look like quitters.

They could have this country by the balls, but instead they struggle to gain acceptance. Even amist the horrendous approval ratings, the country still thinks more favorable of Bush & Republicans when it comes to the war on terror.

- Dan
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:

Yeah maybe if you consider a camel with diarrhea a WMD.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    know1 wrote:
    Thank goodness for you that you're the enlightened one who can see right through this government deception unlike the rest of us sheeples.

Your no sheeples.. you believe what works for ya
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    callen wrote:
    you to change your mind on beleiving they had WMD's. I'm being serious now. Administration admitted it...independent news sources have stated it......no one has found, photograped anything. Why do you still think he had them???

You also have great point on asking how many Americans think Sadaam was involved in 9/11.

Allow me to rephrase. I believe they had them--I think they got them from a little country known as the United States. I don't know when they "got rid" of them or if they "got rid" of them. Either way, it should not have brought us to war.
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    BUSH-lager wrote:

I don't necessarily think you're wrong, mind you. I'm just saying I don't know, and that I have yet to be convinced that it's to the point that we can just write this guy off as a liar/murderer/war profiteer/etc. like the far left does.

alot more then the "far left" has realized the deception...becuase it is so fucking abvious... admit you were wrong, swallow your pride, and stop being conned like a 4 year old, you are smarter than that
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:

why is that? please tell me why 3-4 years later why you still think this?
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    why is that? please tell me why 3-4 years later why you still think this?

See post #47.
  • Options
    has no fucking idea what they are talking about. period!
  • Options
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    See post #47.

yes, they HAD them at one point... mostly from Uncle Sam of course... but it was proven in 2 seperate investigations that they had dismantled their programs after 1991... is the following not enought for you?

from the original article

"The reality in this case is that after a 16-month, $900-million-plus investigation, the U.S. weapons hunters known as the Iraq Survey Group declared that Iraq had dismantled its chemical, biological and nuclear arms programs in 1991 under U.N. oversight. That finding in 2004 reaffirmed the work of U.N. inspectors who in 2002-03 found no trace of banned arsenals in Iraq."
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    has no fucking idea what they are talking about. period!

Do you mean EVER had them or do you mean ever had them when W. was making his case?

EDIT: Nevermind. You answered it.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    alot more then the "far left" has realized the deception...becuase it is so fucking abvious... admit you were wrong, swallow your pride, and stop being conned like a 4 year old, you are smarter than that

But ONLY the far left will call him a lying, murdering, war profiteering President. Find me a centrist in Congress who says such things.

- Dan
  • Options
    so they're pussies....what's your point?

worst
    president
    ever

No, they're smart. Smart people don't make rediculous claims. Silly extremists do that.

- Dan
  • Options
    BUSH-lager wrote:
    But ONLY the far left will call him a lying, murdering, war profiteering President. Find me a centrist in Congress who says such things.

- Dan

congress does not represent the american public... i have plenty of centrist friends and associates who easily make that claim...becuase it is obvious

fuck congress, i trust maybe 2 of them
  • Options
    The United Nation should pass a resolution to bring Freedom to the USA... haha
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options

Ya, but the U.S. would veto the motion and kill it, and then turn around and slam the UN as being an ineffectual outfit where nothing gets accomplished.
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945

I'm sure they'd like to, but France and Canada are too pussy to come enforce it.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    I'm sure they'd like to, but France and Canada are too pussy to come enforce it.

Ya have to want democracy. And lets face it, some places want it more than others......
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    NCfan wrote:

I'll go down there and stick a gun in your face and tell you to smarten up. But first my government has to let me own a gun. Then I have to get passed the border guards and actually find out where to go, and who to talk to. Bah, it's too much work, the USA will implode on itself anyway.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    North Korea has WMD, so why aren't we invading North Korea? It's all a bunch of bullshit, at least if we went to war for no fucking reason and invaded one of the most oil rich nations in the world my gasoline could have gotten cheaper not retardly expensive like it is now. Fuck W.....Fuck Cheney and Fuck Haliburton. All those scumbags have a date with Karma, I hope Kenneth Lay's rotting corpse comes and takes them all to hell with him.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Options
    hailhailkchailhailkc Posts: 582
    North Korea has WMD, so why aren't we invading North Korea? It's all a bunch of bullshit, at least if we went to war for no fucking reason and invaded one of the most oil rich nations in the world my gasoline could have gotten cheaper not retardly expensive like it is now. Fuck W.....Fuck Cheney and Fuck Haliburton. All those scumbags have a date with Karma, I hope Kenneth Lay's rotting corpse comes and takes them all to hell with him.

So you would have supported the invasion of North Korea?
    MOSSAD NATO Alphabet Stations (E10)
    High Traffic ART EZI FTJ JSR KPA PCD SYN ULX VLB YHF
    Low Traffic CIO MIW
    Non Traffic ABC BAY FDU GBZ HNC NDP OEM ROV TMS ZWL