Options

Cant Keep From Columbia- HOLY SHIT!

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited October 2008 in The Porch
Holy shit indeed... such a great show.. only four months ago today! Crazy, feels like so much longer :D This boot is orgasmic i say!

Im gettin the itch again guys..

PS: I finally realized what was so good about the 08 tours and aside from ed sounding EXACTLY like he did when he first recorded these songs so many moons ago THE EQUIPMENT SOUNDS WONDERFUL. Please dont change it up again,sounds so much better
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Columbia was damn good all around. The band was in a great mood, the music was excellent, and it was an incredible setlist.

Top 5 shows for me of all time!
    "Yeah, but what happened to the Dufranes?"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    unfortunately, i wasnt at the show but its my favorite bootleg of the tour besides DC. the band sounds incredible that night and the set list is amazing.
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    From the shows I've been to, that one certainly ranks right at the top. I was listening to the boot again the other day, and Present Tense is fucking amazing as well!
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    luv-ed91luv-ed91 Posts: 215
    They were really feeling the vibes from the audience that night, that's why we were blessed with such a FREAKIN' AWESOME concert!!!! Awesome setlist, awesome energy, awesome band . . . Ahh, the memories :)
    -- If I had known then, what I know now . . .

8/31/98 - Raleigh
    8/4/00 - Charlotte
    4/16/03 - Charlotte
    10/6/04 - Asheville
    6/16/08 - Columbia
    6/20/09 - EV Memphis
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    I did NOT go to this show, but I went to some of the absolute, UNdisputed, BEST shows of the tour ... Camden #1, MSG #1 and #2, and the amazing Hartford show, but, when I saw the setlist from Columbia I bought it immediately ... I agree ... it is a GREAT sounding show ... wish I had been there! One of the BEST shows of the '08 tour that did I not attend...
    Who said they shafted the South?
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    spearhead wrote:
    Who said they shafted the South?
    I don't think anyone said this- the south had some damn good shows.
    "Yeah, but what happened to the Dufranes?"
  • Options
    Super show!
    Also, the crowd was really having a great time.
    It was a haul to get there from Massachusetts but it was well worth it. The folks down there were very friendly! Nice vacation.
    Hold On
  • Options
    I loved being at this show! The setlist was so amazing and the band was having so much fun!

Ed's voice sounds so raw at the show, I love it. Why Go can give yah the chills.
    "You could have licked the lips of God, but you chose the pavement..." ~ These Arms Are Snakes
  • Options
    I know what you mean, Columbia's Can't Keep is AMAZING! I love listening to it so much I set it as my alarm in the morning...and I get to wake up to Ed singing "it'll be wonderful tonight!" (so beautifu, raw, chills)....love it. I'm ready for another show like Columbia, c'mon Atlanta! :)
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Ok you guys sold me on it...downloading now.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I don't think anyone said this- the south had some damn good shows.

WORD! so much so that when i move North in March, i will be returning to see shows here again. The southern crowd brought it and brought it hard :)
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    JimBerkell wrote:
    I loved being at this show! The setlist was so amazing and the band was having so much fun!

Ed's voice sounds so raw at the show, I love it. Why Go can give yah the chills.
    yea for real...so can WMA and present tense and a few others.

too many great memories from this one :cool:
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Columbia was good all around that's for sure. But please go listen to CAN'T KEEP from Hartford and you'll see what I'm talking about :)

i love Hartford like anyone else, but they fucked up Can't Keep a smidge in Hartford
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,655
    I know what you mean, Columbia's Can't Keep is AMAZING! I love listening to it so much I set it as my alarm in the morning...and I get to wake up to Ed singing "it'll be wonderful tonight!" (so beautifu, raw, chills)....love it. I'm ready for another show like Columbia, c'mon Atlanta! :)

I'm with you there on the "wonderfull tonight" part. That show was awesome. Whoever said Hartford's Can't Keep was better is a little off. Not that it is a big deal to argue between versions of can't keep.
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    that made my seven year old son throw away his little sign that said "Please play BIG WAVE" and had a colorful wave drawn on the poster board. We were on row 19, so I think he would have been able to

His first PJ show, and he loved it, with the exception of him getting sick midway through the show. Some virus that took everyone in the family 3 days to get over.

When he is in the bathroom crying, because he thought he "ruined" daddy's father day gift, it kinda puts things in perspective. Sweet, sweet kid.
  • Options
    huck5 wrote:
    that made my seven year old son throw away his little sign that said "Please play BIG WAVE" and had a colorful wave drawn on the poster board. We were on row 19, so I think he would have been able to

His first PJ show, and he loved it, with the exception of him getting sick midway through the show. Some virus that took everyone in the family 3 days to get over.

When he is in the bathroom crying, because he thought he "ruined" daddy's father day gift, it kinda puts things in perspective. Sweet, sweet kid.

Awww! Wtf..! Security can be such dicks sometimes :(

Sorry to hear the lil buddy felt bad about his pop's birthday.