Options

new al-qaeda video

monkey spankermonkey spanker Posts: 283
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
urging non muslims in the US to convert to islam. any takers amongst us? also, i was told on here on several occasions that their goal was not to turn everybody into a radical islamist..but only to get westerners out of their land. which one is it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    urging non muslims in the US to convert to islam. any takers amongst us? also, i was told on here on several occasions that their goal was not to turn everybody into a radical islamist..but only to get westerners out of their land. which one is it?

It depends who exactly you're talking about. Bin Laden's group? It's probably both.

However, the point is, we didn't get attacked because they want to convert us. They've told us repeatedly why we were attacked: our foreign policy in the Middle East.

The religious fanaticism is a seperate issue that's always woven into the issue of terrorism. One doesn't cause the other. They may have a positive correlation, but anyone who's taken a statistics class knows that doesn't really mean anything.
  • Options
    WMAWMA Posts: 175
    Gotta love these messages reminding everyone to be scared around important dates.

Now Fox can remind people how they sound just like liberals too!

These guys must have good publicists. National press coverage anytime.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    Heehee ... that's funny! I'm sure Americans are flocking to the mosques because Osama told them to. :D

Religious extremists are idiots.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    I bought one of these shirts the other day.

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=75

Fuck 'em I say ;)
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    69charger wrote:
    I bought one of these shirts the other day.

http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/product.aspx?pid=75

Fuck 'em I say ;)
    When the Muslims take over, I'll be an infidel. Until then, as long as the Christians are still running things around here, I'll continue to refer to myself as a heathen. :D
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    hippiemom wrote:
    When the Muslims take over, I'll be an infidel. Until then, as long as the Christians are still running things around here, I'll continue to refer to myself as a heathen. :D

Me too :D
  • Options
    from the video:

Gadahn spoke for much of the video, saying he wanted to correct the incorrect image Americans have of Islam.

He described the West as “the civilization which enslaved Africa, slaughtered native Americans, fired bombs at ... Tokyo and (the Iraqi city of) Fallujah and nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki.”

He said it shows more concern for archaeological sites, like statues of Buddha destroyed by Afghanistan’s former Taliban rulers, “than it shows of the people of Afghanistan and Iraq.”

He said “ignorance” of Islam “causes the people of the West to rapturously applaud when Israel perpetrates wholesale slaughter of Muslims in Lebanon and Palestine and leads them to give their consent to the atrocities that governments commit in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere in the Muslim world.”

sounds like some stuff i read on this board.
  • Options
    WMAWMA Posts: 175

sounds like some stuff i read on this board.

Reminds me of a Colbert clip: ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSpRC8vyEiE