very strong statements from David Suzuki that I don't think you can dispute

check it out

http://media2.iwtnews.com/iwt_broadband_suzuki.mov
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    Here is a funny piece of environmental news:

Illinois Senator Barack Obama warns citizens at his 50th Town Hall meeting about gas guzzling. Obama spoke on everything from DC politics to global warming. He says part of the blame for the world's higher temperatures rests on gas guzzling vehicles. Obama says consumers can make the difference by switching to higher mileage hybrids. The Senator said, "It would save more energy, do more for the environment and create better world security than all the drilling we could do in Alaska."

"After the meeting... Obama left in a GMC Envoy after admitting to favoring SUV's himself," claimed local News Channel 6.

sources: drudgereport.com and http://www.wpsdtv.com/articles/stories/public/200608/14/0DDC_local_news.html
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    reminds me of al gore. they want you to believe all this stuff, but only for their own political advantages. if they really felt this way he would be driving a hybrid, and gore wouldn't own 3 mansions and fly around in private jets. but, their base is easily led astray.

BTW, i drive an SUV and i love it. i'll never own anything else.
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    How does their actions or car of choice invalidate their message? Does it make climate change any less of a threat/problem? Its a bit of a red herring.
  • Options
    sourdough wrote:
    How does their actions or car of choice invalidate their message? Does it make climate change any less of a threat/problem? Its a bit of a red herring.

not sure it invalidates their message, you could still debate that if you wish. however it does invalidate THEIR OWN BELIEF in that message. if al gore was really convinced we were in as bad of shape as he portrays in his movie, then he would not live the lifestyle that he does. they simply pander to the environmentalists, and for some reason they continue to fall for it.
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    I still think whatever lifestyle he chooses makes the issue at hand irrelevant. I am an environmentalist and while i disagree with the choices he's made (if the allegations are true), but I completely agree with him on the issue at hand. I consider myself an environmentalist. What exactly am I falling for?
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    not sure it invalidates their message, you could still debate that if you wish. however it does invalidate THEIR OWN BELIEF in that message. if al gore was really convinced we were in as bad of shape as he portrays in his movie, then he would not live the lifestyle that he does. they simply pander to the environmentalists, and for some reason they continue to fall for it.

yeah thats true

if you dont practice what you preach then you're letting yourself down
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    worldworld Posts: 266
    sourdough wrote:

I belive it invalidates the message. When I was younger, my parents kept telling me that alcohol was so bad. Yet, when dinner came around my dad would crack open a beer.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • Options
    polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    well ... like i said in the thread about stone - it'll be up to the people who have the most to make the easiest changes ...

i think the vehicle of choice for security and such has always been those large suvs ... but either way - its easy to stand up there and preach and not do the things we need to ... and the worst part is that it gives people who are looking for an excuse to not do anything something ...
  • Options
    haha, people are now mixing Al Gore and David Suzuki... bad...
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau