Options

UN Ambulances Used To Transport Terrorists?

NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
Sure seems like it.

" UN Ambulance transports terrorists away from an attack in Israel. Dated May 11, 2004 "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ONKb9J2YeU&search=un%20terrorist
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Well, that might explain some of these ambulance attacks that we keep hearing about.
  • Options
    NMyTreeNMyTree Posts: 2,412
    Well, that might explain some of these ambulance attacks that we keep hearing about.

Exactly my point.

Interestingly, this is not a point Hizbullah or anyone else has been willing to make. Odd.
  • Options
    don't you all know..Rove made this video.

seriously, hezbollah is a legitimate government..they are not a bunch of terrorists, they would never do something like this..............
  • Options
    Wow. leave it to the good old UN to save those who really need saving. Those terrorists sure were in need of some UN help. What bullshit. I hope that Hezbollah stole that van or throw some UN stickers on a van of theirs. Does anyone have the story behind that video?
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I hear the word terrorist more than any other word these days. Are there that many? Maybe they are the majority, maybe we should listen to them. Find out why they want to kill us.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I hear the word terrorist more than any other word these days. Are there that many? Maybe they are the majority, maybe we should listen to them. Find out why they want to kill us.

Good idea, why don't you head on over to Lebanon and talk with Hezbollah, or head over to Iraq and talk with Al Qaeda. I'm sure they will be more then willing to have a friendly sit down and give you a nice PP presentation on their beef with the West.
  • Options
    Good idea, why don't you head on over to Lebanon and talk with Hezbollah, or head over to Iraq and talk with Al Qaeda. I'm sure they will be more then willing to have a friendly sit down and give you a nice PP presentation on their beef with the West.

I bet they would, but I'm just starting to learn Arabic so if they don't speak english I'd just be wasting my time. I also have a job to attend to here. Sometime within the next few years I might make it there.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    perhaps all ambulances should be destroyed...in the name of "freedom"...
  • Options
    Great. I would certianly love to hear their justifications for wanting Israel and the rest of us "zionist" butchered. Just be safe, they tend to be hostile and most of the time like to get their points across with a bomb or large knife to the throat.
  • Options
    Great. I would certianly love to hear their justifications for wanting Israel and the rest of us "zionist" butchered. Just be safe, they tend to be hostile and most of the time like to get their points across with a bomb or large knife to the throat.

So you think they are born with mental instabilities? Or do you think you might have something to do with that?

Do you think if I go there and say "hey guys just wondering what all this is about?" they are going to scream "For Allah" and stab me in the throat?
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    So you think they are born with mental instabilities? Or do you think you might have something to do with that?

Do you think if I go there and say "hey guys just wondering what all this is about?" they are going to scream "For Allah" and stab me in the throat?

No, I am sure that some are born with mental instabilities, just the same as some American criminals are born with mental instabilities. I think it has to do with being raised in an oppressive atmosphere that they can't escape, or get so caught up in that they think strapping explosives to their bodies will somehow bring peace.

I don't know what will happen if you pop your head into a Hezbollah or Al Qaeda get together. That is if you can even find one. I do believe that they will be more inclined to put a knife towards your throat then hand you a cup of tea.
  • Options
    I don't know what will happen if you pop your head into a Hezbollah or Al Qaeda get together. That is if you can even find one. I do believe that they will be more inclined to put a knife towards your throat then hand you a cup of tea.

According to Israel, I just need to find a UN building to find Hizbullah.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    Ahnimus wrote:

You'd be right. But I bet you'd have a better chance of finding them next to a daycare center.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Hmm ... Probably not, but in all seriousness? They'd probably find you to be an excellent hostage. And you know what? I don't want to see you in some video. I mean that. Why not talk to the average citizen in these countries, or even Arabs in your own country? Or alternatively, there is a lot of literature that summarizes said grievances quite nicely. You don't need to have a face-to-face chat with a tiger to find out that its got a beef with the zookeeper.
  • Options
    Hmm ... Probably not, but in all seriousness? They'd probably find you to be an excellent hostage. And you know what? I don't want to see you in some video. I mean that. Why not talk to the average citizen in these countries, or even Arabs in your own country? Or alternatively, there is a lot of literature that summarizes said grievances quite nicely. You don't need to have a face-to-face chat with a tiger to find out that its got a beef with the zookeeper.

Israel is the zookeeper. Ok that makes sense. ;)
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Israel is the zookeeper. Ok that makes sense. ;)

That's probably what they'd tell you ... And then they'd put a black bag over your infidel head.
    :)

Seriously, man. Not that my opinion likely counts for much, but damn ... I wouldn't go looking for these folks.
  • Options
    That's probably what they'd tell you ... And then they'd put a black bag over your infidel head.
    :)

Seriously, man. Not that my opinion likely counts for much, but damn ... I wouldn't go looking for these folks.

They aren't half as bad as people make them out to be.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    They aren't half as bad as people make them out to be.

How do you know?
  • Options
    How do you know?

I've done a lot of research into Hizbullah. I have a pretty good idea of what they are about. In the words of a Lebonese man "For me, Hizbullah is not a good thing, but they didn't do anything to cause this." a Lebonese woman "It's about the land that Israel occupies, the Shebaa farms."

Hizbullah grew as a resistance to Israeli occupation and exists as such today. I've been told there are major differences between Hizbullah and Al-Qaida.

Al-Qaida is a group I'd rather not have an encounter with. Hizbullah would probably entertain my quest and provide me with some good arguement before sending me on my way.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

Your right. Only because that's where they tend to launch their rockets right next to the UN bases. It makes a good human shield.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    I've done a lot of research into Hizbullah. I have a pretty good idea of what they are about. In the words of a Lebonese man "For me, Hizbullah is not a good thing, but they didn't do anything to cause this." a Lebonese woman "It's about the land that Israel occupies, the Shebaa farms."

Hizbullah grew as a resistance to Israeli occupation and exists as such today. I've been told there are major differences between Hizbullah and Al-Qaida.

Al-Qaida is a group I'd rather not have an encounter with. Hizbullah would probably entertain my quest and provide me with some good arguement before sending me on my way.

You might be right, so long as Hizbollah didn't mistake you for an Israeli.
    Personally, I think the only thing that would convince me that Hizbollah was a true resistence movement would be the organization disbanding, after the territorial dispute with Israel gets resolved. Hypothetical, of course. There aren't many reasons for this organization to exist right now. 1982 and the follwing Isreali occupation has passed. What really brought the Isrealis back into Lebanon was a provocation by Hizbollah. Are the Shebaa farms really worth this much strife?
    That first Lebanese man ... Do you actually agree with him, that Hizbollah played no part in what is happening? Seems like a stretch.
  • Options
    You might be right, so long as Hizbollah didn't mistake you for an Israeli.
    Personally, I think the only thing that would convince me that Hizbollah was a true resistence movement would be the organization disbanding, after the territorial dispute with Israel gets resolved. Hypothetical, of course. There aren't many reasons for this organization to exist right now. 1982 and the follwing Isreali occupation has passed. What really brought the Isrealis back into Lebanon was a provocation by Hizbollah. Are the Shebaa farms really worth this much strife?
    That first Lebanese man ... Do you actually agree with him, that Hizbollah played no part in what is happening? Seems like a stretch.

Actually, I was reading through some documentation on http://mfa.gov.il/mfa a few days ago. This capturing of Israeli soldiers near the border has been happening for years. They usually make an arrangement through Germany to swap prisoners. The reason for Hizbullah doing this is to get Lebonese people out of Israeli jails, mostly women and children. This is not an unprecedented manuever by Hizbullah, and in retrospect isn't that big of a deal as it's been made out to be.

What Jamal said was that Hizbullah didn't do anything to cause this kind of reaction. I believe this reaction was planned well before it happened. Israeli documents show a plan was put together at least a year in advance, and back in 2001 PNAC detailed how Israel would take down Hizbullah. There really is more to this than meets the eye.
  • Options
    jsandjsand Posts: 646
    Ahnimus wrote:
    This is not an unprecedented manuever by Hizbullah, and in retrospect isn't that big of a deal as it's been made out to be.

Sure, it's not that big a deal when they murder Israeli soldiers. They're just someone's son, brother or friend.
  • Options
    jsand wrote:
    Sure, it's not that big a deal when they murder Israeli soldiers. They're just someone's son, brother or friend.

The same can be argued for the 400+ dead Lebonese and the 50 or so Israelis that have died since this started. I guess the needs of the few out-weigh the needs of the many.

Please provide an incident where captured Israeli soldiers were killed in captivity.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:

By not doing anything to cause this latest Israeli Arab conflict, does he mean Hezbollah crossed into Israel and killed several soldiers and took several captive, was a non-factor? The Shebaa farms issue was decided. The issue was taken before the UN, and they decided Israel does have rights to the land. Case closed.

Yes, Hezbollah did grow as a resistance to Israeli occupation. Israel stopped occupying Lebanon, Hezbollah should have packed it up. What resistance is necessary today when Israel left years ago?

I agree, if I had to meet one group it would be Hezbollah over Al Qaeda, but why put yourself in a totally unsafe situation when it's not necessary? What would you really gain from talking in person with Hezbollah? I have serious doubts that they would take you out for a little late night rocket launching towards Israeli civilians. Some Hezbollah spokesman would must likely to you to a bombed out apartment that Hezbollah was using as a giant human shield and tell you they are innocent, "freedom fighters" looking out for the interest of the Lebanese people. People, mostly liberals, always ride Bush for his "cowboy" actions, but it sounds to me that if you go out looking for Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, or any other terrorist organization, your riding the same horse he is.
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Actually, I was reading through some documentation on http://mfa.gov.il/mfa a few days ago. This capturing of Israeli soldiers near the border has been happening for years. They usually make an arrangement through Germany to swap prisoners. The reason for Hizbullah doing this is to get Lebonese people out of Israeli jails, mostly women and children. This is not an unprecedented manuever by Hizbullah, and in retrospect isn't that big of a deal as it's been made out to be.

What Jamal said was that Hizbullah didn't do anything to cause this kind of reaction. I believe this reaction was planned well before it happened. Israeli documents show a plan was put together at least a year in advance, and back in 2001 PNAC detailed how Israel would take down Hizbullah. There really is more to this than meets the eye.

But why would there be Lebanese children in Israeli jails? See, these stories often go a bit too far and credibility gets strained. I know these prisoner swaps have happened in the past, but under fairly different circumstances. Hizbollah had to know that striking now, right after Hamas did the same thing, would provoke a pretty violent response.
  • Options
    What makes a soldier's life outweigh a civilian's life?
  • Options
    But why would there be Lebanese children in Israeli jails? See, these stories often go a bit too far and credibility gets strained. I know these prisoner swaps have happened in the past, but under fairly different circumstances. Hizbollah had to know that striking now, right after Hamas did the same thing, would provoke a pretty violent response.

Pregnant women get captured and give birth in Israeli jails. Or they are captured for being "terrorists", like throwing rocks.

Perhaps Hizbullah did realize this would provoke an agrevated response. Nations have a responsibility to react in a calm and calculated way. Which has failed to happen with the United States and Israel in the last few years. Israel's goal is clearly not to get it's soldiers back. Especially if Hizbullah or Hamas are as evil as they say, their soldiers will be killed.

All I'm saying is we have to look at this critically. With the recent casualties it makes no sense to start this offensive to rescue 2 soldiers. I don't think that was ever the motivation. Governments plan things in advance and wait for the right moment to justify it.