Options

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    I read this while I am currently on hold requesting an inrease on my credit limit.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    yeah I learned on my first card how not to handle a credit card. Right now the only things an my card is 1000 left on my tv, but its 18 months no interest so I can kill that after tour, and a couple tickets that werent that much money anyway. So I think I am set for next week.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    yeah they are nice for times like this ... Man i wish i had one :(

They are dangerous though.. at least at the end of the day i can at least say im not in debt :D

Have you thought of applying for one to be used in an emergency only?
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Can't you go to the bank and get a debit card set up, or buy a pre-paid credit card?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I have a Credit Card with a low credit line that I use for online purchases only. If it gets hi-jacked... the damages can be limited. I mostly buy Tickets with that and pay it off when the bill comes.
    In a pinch, I can also use it for other things.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Have you thought of applying for one to be used in an emergency only?

Yeah i would love one for times like this (i consider this an emergency :D)

But for some odd reason, everytime i apply i get denied, ive contacted Transunion and they told me that for some reason my address was messed up on the account.. they said just send proof of my id and all that good stuff.. i did.. and still nothing back...

I got bored of trying to get it worked out.. its not fun dealing with that crap (if anyone has any advice that would be lovely)
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Had 3 cards, paid 2 off. Now, for credit purposes, i use my cards with no balance every month for bills or something I always pay in full and then pay it off when the bill comes.

Talk about a shady business. Gees.
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    Had 3 cards, paid 2 off. Now, for credit purposes, i use my cards with no balance every month for bills or something I always pay in full and then pay it off when the bill comes.

Talk about a shady business. Gees.

I pay for almost everything with my credit card, and then pay it off each month......a good way to rack up the miles, and, it gives a bit of recourse if a purchase goes wrong!