Options

I'm sorry but this shit makes me laugh at this point..

tbone1tbone1 Posts: 21
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
"I am wearing the shroud and I am ready to meet martyrdom"

You know what save us the trouble- Just shoot yourself and you'll be on your way to a dirt hole.

Organized religion is a fucking joke.

It's clearly and obviously evolution baby!!!!!!! Don't people get it!!!!!!
Only real stars can rock an arena while sitting down with a notebook and a bottle of wine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Every religion or faith is going to have it's share of psychos who give it a bad name. To say it's a joke compared to evolution is a fucking riot. I'm not very religious and am not going to argue for it, but evolution is just as far-fetched as any other belief because it's more notorious for it's missing links than any "scientific" evidence for it.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Moving Train
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,899
    tbone1 wrote:
    "I am wearing the shroud and I am ready to meet martyrdom"

You know what save us the trouble- Just shoot yourself and you'll be on your way to a dirt hole.

Organized religion is a fucking joke.

It's clearly and obviously evolution baby!!!!!!! Don't people get it!!!!!!

i think its organized religion thats tearing us apart rather than bringing people together.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    blah, blah, blah.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    but evolution is just as far-fetched as any other belief .

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    artjamartjam Posts: 227
    Every religion or faith is going to have it's share of psychos who give it a bad name. To say it's a joke compared to evolution is a fucking riot. I'm not very religious and am not going to argue for it, but evolution is just as far-fetched as any other belief because it's more notorious for it's missing links than any "scientific" evidence for it.

evolution, and "missing links" are not as far fetched as christianity.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    It shouldn't matter whether or not religion is far fetched or not. As long as it brings meaning to someone's life, then it is a good thing. It only becomes a problem when people start believing that their belief should effect other people too instead of it being a personal thing. And when fundamentals use their religion as a reason to hurt others.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    It shouldn't matter whether or not religion is far fetched or not. As long as it brings meaning to someone's life, then it is a good thing. It only becomes a problem when people start believing that their belief should effect other people too instead of it being a personal thing. And when fundamentals use their religion as a reason to hurt others.

you take the good
    you take the bad
    you take em both
    and there you have...

a load of shit
  • Options
    Organized religion is not a joke.

It's something that means a lot to a lot of people.

As a former Roman Catholic, I will be the first to admit that some religions could stand to be more welcoming and tolerant of others, but it is not completely useless. If we were more willing to have open and edcational discussions about religon, we could achieve a better understanding of our world and the problems facing it.

As for evolution, it is a theory that has been backed up by solid archeological evidence. Perhaps there is no solid archeological proof that Jesus rose from the dead or that Moses parted the Red Sea, but this does not mean that we can look down on the people who believe that these events occured.

A person's religion, or lack thereof, does not make them better, or worse, than anybody else.
    Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after. The End.
  • Options
    artjam wrote:
    you take the good
    you take the bad
    you take em both
    and there you have...

a load of shit

You are refering to what? Yourself?
  • Options
    A person's religion, or lack thereof, does not make them better, or worse, than anybody else.

Exactly. I could care less what people believe, it's just that when they ignore that there are shortcomings in their (all) belief(s) that it makes me laugh and feel sorry for them.
  • Options
    if Republicans are so called Christians why do they go against what Jesus said and kill (not just in defense-sometimes before even being attacked).

ever hear of turn the other cheek?

and don;t gimme that bullshit "freedom isn't free". if thats true then either be a christian or Patriot because in this day and age you can't follow both ideologies.
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Perhaps there is no solid archeological proof that Jesus rose from the dead or that Moses parted the Red Sea, but this does not mean that we can look down on the people who believe that these events occured.

So your claiming athiests look down on those who believe in an organized religion. It seems to me the other way around.
  • Options
    artjam wrote:
    So your claiming athiests look down on those who believe in an organized religion. It seems to me the other way around.

I don't think the poster was refering to all atheists. I think they were saying that some of the posts in here were looking down on organized religion because there is no proof in it. But people who are relgious should likewise not look down on atheists. Everyone should just do what gives meaning to their lives as long as they are not hurting or affecting anyone else.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    I don't think the poster was refering to all atheists. I think they were saying that some of the posts in here were looking down on organized religion because there is no proof in it. But people who are relgious should likewise not look down on atheists. Everyone should just do what gives meaning to their lives as long as they are not hurting or affecting anyone else.

I agree to a point. I dont think there is anything wrong with people believing whatever they want as long as they do it peacefully. I think that in OUR country, it would be more chaotic if religion didnt keep people fearful. So it is a good thing to a point. I just get defensive from all the years of people trying to push things on me. I wouldnt get so angry or defensive about the subject if it wouldnt have been thrown in my face all my life.
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Ummm... That's why any religion is called faith... It calls for you to believe in unverifiable "things" (for lack of a better word) and to follow in accordance with the "rules" of the faith...

Some can do it and others can't... But to each their own...
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    artjam wrote:
    I agree to a point. I dont think there is anything wrong with people believing whatever they want as long as they do it peacefully. I think that in OUR country, it would be more chaotic if religion didnt keep people fearful. So it is a good thing to a point. I just get defensive from all the years of people trying to push things on me. I wouldnt get so angry or defensive about the subject if it wouldnt have been thrown in my face all my life.

Well as someone who comes from a religious family I find it offensive when I hear people talking about how meaningless and stupid it is. I'm at a place in my life where I'm not sure what I believe, and if I find it meaningful for myself, but when I see how much meaning it can bring to someone's life (like my mother and father) I still find it very offensive when people put it down. If its not for you, thats fine, there's no reason you should feel like you need it to be, or are any less. We all need to do what is right for ourselves in a peaceful way, and that includes being religious, and not.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    Religion should be a vehicle for faith.

Unfortunately, most modern organized religions see faith as a vehicle for the religion.

All in all, this is not a Pearl Jam related thread and I am regretting bumping it.
  • Options
    I dont usually get into these things... however... religion is very misunderstood. Christianity in particular. You have extremesist and hardcore fundamentalists in each sect... however, being a christian, and seeing what has happend to what should be a peaceful, loving religion angers me... because all that Jesus has done is being undermined, and excuse the taboo word, hijacked.

Christianity is based on the the belief that Jesus is God, and he was resurrected. What Jesus preached, and what our religion is based on is Love, Peace, Forgiveness. It is not about being righteous, as no one human can ever be, which is why Jesus sacrificed himself... it is not about being judgemental, or to be afraid of God... it is about being the best you can be as a human... it is to treat others as you yourself would like to be treated... even better than what you can be treated... it is about taking care of each other, it is about being kind. What he preached about is understanding. Even then the religion at the time was being butchered and used only for the good of the rich... as it is being reflected once again in our society... Jesus, walked on this earth to tell us it has no bounderies, and it is not about HATE, FEAR, JUDGING, STATUS, MONEY... THAT NO ONE, can use the name of God for a reason for war, to hurt, to kill.

I always find it funny when i hear the hardcore fundamentalist claim to be teaching and preaching Christianity, but never preaching or talking about what Jesus (who are relgion is based on - need i say this again) taught.

As for Science and evolution... these are things that dont have to be separate from Christianity and religion... God gave us Knowledge, to learn to grow, to better our world... Its just that it has been segregated because the hardcores on both sides are so afraid to admit, that it could all be connected.

Which is a shame, when we close a door on a thought.

Anyways... this went on way to long... just wanted to put my two cents on Christianity (Which is Jesus - There I said it again) - which is Peace Love Understanding, Forgiveness.
  • Options
    artjam wrote:

No, actually. No, I'm not.
    Once upon a time, there was a lovely little sausage called Baldrick, and it lived happily ever after. The End.
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    it is equally both
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    veritasveritas Posts: 31
    i put people who believe in jesus in the same group as the people who believe in bigfoot
    riot act is best

cunts watch their bodies
  • Options
    Organized religion is not a joke.

It's something that means a lot to a lot of people.

As a former Roman Catholic, I will be the first to admit that some religions could stand to be more welcoming and tolerant of others, but it is not completely useless. If we were more willing to have open and edcational discussions about religon, we could achieve a better understanding of our world and the problems facing it.

As for evolution, it is a theory that has been backed up by solid archeological evidence. Perhaps there is no solid archeological proof that Jesus rose from the dead or that Moses parted the Red Sea, but this does not mean that we can look down on the people who believe that these events occured.

Just more dangerous.
    When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,160
    artjam wrote:

exactly. we atheists are "morally deprived".
  • Options
    Just more dangerous.

I don't see how someone who believes in something in a rational way can be dangerous. I went to Catholic school; I know that not everyone there is an intolerant extremist.

Religious people are not all dangerous. Ignorant blanket statements are.
  • Options
    whenever people are passionate about something, like religion, their nationality, or even something so simple as athletic teams, people will argue and people will fight.

the problem with religion is that its supposed to bring people together yet it tears the world apart, and if you don't believe that look at the reasons most of the world's wars started in the first place.

i don't care if there are many peaceful religious people in the world, plenty of people like myself don't need to go the church to be a "good" person.

sorry for the rant, i just wish people could see what religion is supposed to be about (and many do) and stop all the bullshit.
    severed hand thirteen