Options

Patraeus "Progress" report on Iraq - to be written by....White House.

FredFlintstoneFredFlintstone Posts: 193
edited August 2007 in A Moving Train
SHOCKER....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/15/AR2007081501281.html

Here is an early preview courtesy of Mr. FredFlintstone:

We are making progress. We can't leave. They will follow us home.
If we never leave we can never lose.

How much longer is this charade going to continue?
"Sean Hannity knows there is no greater threat to America today than Bill Clinton 15 years ago"- Stephen Colbert
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    From the beginning I felt this report was going to be minipulated.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    robbierobbie Posts: 882
    no reason the american public should be allowed to see him give the report... or see congress question him. we all know even if it was in open session nobody would bother to televise it, but at least i could watch it c-span 3 with my computer. but now, we do not get to see it, and it will be written by the white house. what else does anyone expect from this administration? and... i suppose there are those on this board who have no problem with this right? oh... and whatever happened to those republicans who marched over to the white house to tell bush he has lost credibility with them and they need to hear from the general, not from him? i guess they are going to be fine with this now? the democrats deed to be dragged out of office by an angry mob if they allow this to happen. they need to come off of their vacation RIGHT NOW... TODAY... BE ON THE FLOOR TONIGHT. to call bullshit on this. they do not deserve their seat in congress if they do not tell bush to fuck himself on this one. but we all know they are spineless. we all know they are just lapdogs for bush, who slither up to a microphone every now and again to say they do not support bush, and then slither back into the house and senate to give him everything he wants. i am ASHAMED OF THIS COUNTRY. what have we become? anyone with kids better be willing to sacrifice them to the bush regime, because this war he has started, and the one he is about to start, will kill our children. it will not be over in 5 years, or 10, or 30.......they are eventually going to have to draft people... who is going to continue to sign up to fight for halliburton?
  • Options
    robbie wrote:
    no reason the american public should be allowed to see him give the report... or see congress question him. we all know even if it was in open session nobody would bother to televise it, but at least i could watch it c-span 3 with my computer. but now, we do not get to see it, and it will be written by the white house. what else does anyone expect from this administration? and... i suppose there are those on this board who have no problem with this right? oh... and whatever happened to those republicans who marched over to the white house to tell bush he has lost credibility with them and they need to hear from the general, not from him? i guess they are going to be fine with this now? the democrats deed to be dragged out of office by an angry mob if they allow this to happen. they need to come off of their vacation RIGHT NOW... TODAY... BE ON THE FLOOR TONIGHT. to call bullshit on this. they do not deserve their seat in congress if they do not tell bush to fuck himself on this one. but we all know they are spineless. we all know they are just lapdogs for bush, who slither up to a microphone every now and again to say they do not support bush, and then slither back into the house and senate to give him everything he wants. i am ASHAMED OF THIS COUNTRY. what have we become? anyone with kids better be willing to sacrifice them to the bush regime, because this war he has started, and the one he is about to start, will kill our children. it will not be over in 5 years, or 10, or 30.......they are eventually going to have to draft people... who is going to continue to sign up to fight for halliburton?

Agreed.
    What a sad, pathetic display that the President and Congress, who voted these troops into a quagmire, stop loss, 2-3year tours in the fucking desert, take off a fucking month vacation while these kids get blown up in Iraq.
    Must be nice. GWB trolling around a mansion , in his boat, going fishin, 'presidentin' (its hard work remember)...while the boys he ordered into combat cant even get a break.

And fuck GWB, as he continues to cyphon any accomplishments and glory the US Military gains in battle for his own personal ego. Disgusting.

On a personal note, a mother in my town, 3 kids, killed in Iraq this week.
    Horrible.
    "Sean Hannity knows there is no greater threat to America today than Bill Clinton 15 years ago"- Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    On a personal note, a mother in my town, 3 kids, killed in Iraq this week.
    Horrible.

You mean to tell me her 3 kids? If it was this a shame this didn't make any headline news.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    You mean to tell me her 3 kids? If it was this a shame this didn't make any headline news.

Peace

To clarify - she was a mother of 3 killed in Iraq.
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/08/16/mashpee_soldier_is_killed_in_iraq/

Impeach.
  • Options
    I smell a draft coming...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")