Options

West Palm, Tampa, AFTER THE FACT

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Well just got back from my stint in the south... alot to be said this time around!

Highlights:

* West Palm - The energy was AMAZING everyone in that place (which was packed to full capacity) was giving there all to the band.

* Im not a huge fan of amps but the West palm show venue was almost perfect for the start of the tour... very good sound and an overall decent venue

* Notable Songs worthy of mentioning would be God's Dice (the crowd often drowned eddie out numerous time during their set) Who you are was done almost flawlessly after year upon years of sitting on the shelf.

* I was in the 108XXX section and let me just say... people in that general area were kind, polite and very into everything that was surrounding. They really deserve to be there :D

Tampa: Insignificance and down were the two highlights of the set... there was also an amazing vibe in the air.. the majority of west palmer's seemed to make the trip (excluding a few whom had to make it back home due to work ect)

* THE SOUTH REALLY BROUGHT IT and brought it in a good way. Ed was extremely energetic right off the bat at both venues. You could tell he was really impressed/suprised by the energy from the crowd

SLIGHT DISAPPOINTMENTS:

*There were no ed pre sets.

* Pj played until curfew :(

* a handful of songs were repeated the next night after WPB

* THE MASTER SLAVE INTRO WAS LACKINg (especially bummed about this factor)

* Matt cameron seemed to be backing ed vocally in more songs than usual

* Boom gasper was present on stage and "playing" during alive

* The "smile" guitar was brought on in TAMPA but then was taken back out again..

Well its safe to say.. i gave this one my all.. ran into some traffic along the way (always right when i arrived in the city, it was smooth sailing down 95 for the most part ) Please forgive me if i didnt get to meet up with you, my phone was dead most of the time and i lost a few numbers...

I blew my calf muscles out after the first night. It usually takes me til at least the second or third show of the tour to do that. But i was pumbed, and nobody could sit still during the setlist played at Palm Beach. (luckily my voice didnt go until the second show)

After an amazing road trip with great friends/fans..

I cant wait for Columbia!

Ps: Pearl jam fans really are a cool bunch... give yourself a pat on the back florida goe'rs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Great show in Tampa. And my 33rd birthday on the same night! The crowd actually could hold a tune and the energy was awesome. A few really uptight watchdogs from the forum that really took their job a little too seriously was the only bummer. Great set list and Eddie looks so good. He is aging really well. I am in love still...and will be when he's 80.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    word.

what to say what to say....florida brought it....after yrs of me criticizing the rock scene and even leaving miami cause of that reason..I road tripped back with miss LeatherMandi, and her hubby and man...I dunno...words cant explain..guess you had to be there.
    Two nights in a row I called the opener even tho Oceans was kinda predictable, but to call Sometimes and get it for me after 25 shows was the shit
    who you are, light yrs, the energy by both band and crowd, the road trip itself, seeing friends from the moment I enterd WPB venue until showtime was kick ass. Mike threw out like 3-400 picks both nights def...the man was just stuck tossing picks all night! Stones BACK! The man was INTO IT!! :D

my slight dissapointments were pretty much the same as Mandis it is agreed and it is safe to say it looks like the band is changing shit up a bit..no joining the opening act, no mirrorball during wishlist..new introtothe band entering stage

IM FUCKIN READY FOR COLUMBIA!!!!!!

oh yea my hellos to Dollparts who I sat next to coincidentally in Tampa..my girl Karol who also sat next to by coincidence in WPB, The Gossman, and his GF, Katie, Unevenflow, Shane and his GF, KEELA!!!! and the 2 guys that helpoed my find my peeps after the show in WPB! Seeing you all again made my trip!
    and dollpartz hit Mandi up whenevr I told her so she felt bad cause of her phone being out of comish ;) hope we see you soon anyways :D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    can anyone comment on the artwork behibnd the stage ?

it looked like a gigantic wave from the very brief clip i saw on the youtube during YL at the end.

camden is close- im stoked
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    It was beautiful...I have some pics of it. it was a wave with lots of waves breaking
    very peaceful. if i knew how to post pics on here i would. kept asking on other threads and no one ever friggin answers me about pics or bootleg questions...it is just not nice....
  • Options
    It was beautiful...I have some pics of it. it was a wave with lots of waves breaking
    very peaceful. if i knew how to post pics on here i would. kept asking on other threads and no one ever friggin answers me about pics or bootleg questions...it is just not nice....

The easiest thing to do (probably) is set up a photobucket account (it's free). Load the pics to your photobucket account and the links to the pictures are actually right under the pictures. Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

it looked like a gigantic wave from the very brief clip i saw on the youtube during YL at the end.

be ready bathy, the boys are on fire right now!

yea its like a buncha waves in the background..pretty tight ;)
  • Options
    The easiest thing to do (probably) is set up a photobucket account (it's free). Load the pics to your photobucket account and the links to the pictures are actually right under the pictures. Hope that makes sense.

will work on that now and post back pics soon from Tampa
  • Options
    will work on that now and post back pics soon from Tampa
    pics from both shows comin soon
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Camden is indeed very close, I can't wait til next week!

I had so much fun at both shows, the setlist for WPB was unreal and the energy on Tampa was incredible.... :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:

pearljam014.jpg
    pearljam061.jpg
    pearljam052.jpg
    pearljam048.jpg
    pearljam049.jpg
    pearljam012.jpg
    pearljam011.jpg
    pearljam051.jpg
    pearljam053.jpg
    pearljam007.jpg
    IMG00007.jpg
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    pics from both shows comin soon
    I just posted some nice stage pics and one of EV jumping mid-air...see prev post...you have any close clear head shots of EV from Tampa?
  • Options
    I just posted some nice stage pics and one of EV jumping mid-air...see prev post...you have any close clear head shots of EV from Tampa?
    oh man...just wait till you see these pics..my peeps were 6th row and I was mikes side, but mine are gonna be developed soon..almost done dl'ing :D
  • Options
    Thanks....anxiously awaiting....
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    When you say the master/slave intro was lacking, do you mean it wasn't there at all?

When's they last time they used master/slave? (I really want to know)

In '98, it was Jack's "The Color Red"
    In '00, it was that orchestral version of Baba
    I can't remember what the intro music was in '03
    In '06, it was the outro to Inside Job.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Also, in case anyone was wondering, I did the math:

There were 48 songs played between the two Florida shows. Forty of them were played at one show or the other only. In other words, if you went to both shows, you got 40 unique songs.

So no complaints about repeats. 40 out of 48 is flippin' unreal.
  • Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    When you say the master/slave intro was lacking, do you mean it wasn't there at all?

I didn't hear any of Master/Slave in Tampa.

Last time I heard it was in Cleveland 06. Pittsburgh 06 has the Inside Job outro.
  • Options

it was not played at all, in fact.. there was no intro.. which was bleh :D

To the best of my knowledge ... it was played during the 05-08 shows as the intro.. i was hoping it would have stuck for the long haul, thats just me though :)
  • Options
    Also, in case anyone was wondering, I did the math:

There were 48 songs played between the two Florida shows. Forty of them were played at one show or the other only. In other words, if you went to both shows, you got 40 unique songs.

So no complaints about repeats. 40 out of 48 is flippin' unreal.

no it was a blast.. no complaints from me.. well worth the mucho dough
  • Options

This is not entirely correct, Camden I and II and East Rutherford II was Master/Slave for the intro, dont know about the other shows (Gorge didnt make it in on time to hear the intro)...

Unfortunately I can't remember what the intro was for the past tours for the life of me...
  • Options
    This is not entirely correct, Camden I and II and East Rutherford II was Master/Slave for the intro, dont know about the other shows (Gorge didnt make it in on time to hear the intro)...

Unfortunately I can't remember what the intro was for the past tours for the life of me...

I didn't know about Master/Slave at some of the '06 shows.

At all five I went to that tour, it was the last little jingly bit on Avocado that comes after Inside Job.
  • Options
    it was not played at all, in fact.. there was no intro.. which was bleh :D

To the best of my knowledge ... it was played during the 05-08 shows as the intro.. i was hoping it would have stuck for the long haul, thats just me though :)
    yea word no intro nite 1 but I guess you didnt hear it but there was some new intro for Tampa.
  • Options
    I didn't know about Master/Slave at some of the '06 shows.

At all five I went to that tour, it was the last little jingly bit on Avocado that comes after Inside Job.

Intros are always nice though... I was surprised there wasnt one in WPB I dont remember the one in Tampa...
  • Options
    Intros are always nice though... I was surprised there wasnt one in WPB I dont remember the one in Tampa...
    it was like a very mellowinstrumental...dont think it was any new pj instr...not sure, but yea, tampa they def came out to something new
  • Options
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I remember a weird japanese kind of music while they were setting up the stuff...but that's it.

Speaking of stuff from the show(s), I am still surprised and kind of bummed about the fact that there was no Baba, Sonic Reducer, RITFW, or some other cover before YL.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131

when i saw them in 06 it was master/slave
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    for sharing the pics footstepstochris.

they definitely capture the artwork well.
    It looks funky under the different color lightings,....

and niiiice shot of ed in mid scissor leap.

and PJ on Fuse tomorrow !

yessssss
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    when i saw them in 06 it was master/slave

I guess it was later in the '06 tour they switched to the spacey Inside Job intro
  • Options
    I guess it was later in the '06 tour they switched to the spacey Inside Job intro
    they switched up intros during that 06 tour..I went to 10 random shows and they just picked either master slave or thew outro to avocado for diff. shows
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I remember a weird japanese kind of music while they were setting up the stuff...but that's it.

Speaking of stuff from the show(s), I am still surprised and kind of bummed about the fact that there was no Baba, Sonic Reducer, RITFW, or some other cover before YL.
    we all expected longer setlists..esp in Tampa..but havinglived here I know how tight ass florida is with curfews and stuff...so I guess thats why, but the intro I didnt even hear it @ WPB, only in Tampa