Options

My solution to the middle east fighting..

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
Can't they just combine the two religions and make a super religion?

No?

Okay.

Keep killing in the name of "I don't like you because you're different and you don't like me either"...

:cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Maybe it will take an alien invasion for us all to join and make this "super religion"... but then instead of people killing people, it would be people killing aliens and vice versa.. we'd be back to karma square one.. No?

I'm insane.
  • Options
    angelicaangelica Posts: 6,053
    When people learn to respect the superconscious rather than the small-minded super-ego, we will understand that the spiritual realm is one, and the fighting is really about our human stupidity.

Apparently the aliens have already spiritually infiltrated humanity through innerspace. And the work is being done on the fringes. It will be awhile, but it is working it's way into mass consciousness. The super religion is the way of the future.
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

http://www.myspace.com/illuminatta

Rhinocerous Surprise '08!!!
  • Options
    angelica wrote:
    Apparently the aliens have already spiritually infiltrated humanity through innerspace. And the work is being done on the fringes. It will be awhile, but it is working it's way into mass consciousness. The super religion is the way of the future.
    Ha! I knew I was onto something!!! :D
  • Options
    messymarvmessymarv Posts: 26
    Ahhhh everyone just push your red buttons and we will see whose god shows up and end this arguing.
  • Options
    Ha! I knew I was onto something!!! :D
    Was it the hallucinogens or the lighted beings in innerspace that put you onto the idea? ;)
    "The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." ~ Niels Bohr

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    messymarv wrote:
    Ahhhh everyone just push your red buttons and we will see whose god shows up and end this arguing.

what if i don't have a god? :o now you're infringing on my right to exist simply b/c you all want your gods to war. no fair. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    what if i don't have a god? :o now you're infringing on my right to exist simply b/c you all want your gods to war. no fair. :p
    See.. in the end.. you're "no god" is the same as God... pretty simple. We're all under the same radar, we just don't know who and if anyone's watching.. :cool:
  • Options
    See.. in the end.. you're "no god" is the same as God... pretty simple. We're all under the same radar, we just don't know who and if anyone's watching.. :cool:
    You sound like you're "just joking", but I'm wondering if you're trying to slip some really cool philosophy under our noses, because we'll just laugh it off. Good schtick, if that's the case. ;)

Great point that the "no God" is the same as God.

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    You sound like you're "just joking", but I'm wondering if you're trying to slip some really cool philosophy under our noses, because we'll just laugh it off. Good schtick, if that's the case. ;)

Great point that the "no God" is the same as God.
    I see the bigger picture, I just don't know what I'm looking at.. :p
  • Options

i know, i was playing along. b/c while i appreciate the humor implied by your first post...part of me also cringes some, b/c honestly...there are people who take their religion VERY seriously, and rightly so if you have truefaith and believe..so to then make light of that and say just combine said beliefs...well you get the idea, it solves nothing...and at best is amusing - how i know you meant it - and at worst is highly insulting to very personal beliefs. so yea...i tried to go along with your humor. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    i know, i was playing along. b/c while i appreciate the humor implied by your first post...part of me also cringes some, b/c honestly...there are people who take their religion VERY seriously, and rightly so if you have truefaith and believe..so to then make light of that and say just combine said beliefs...well you get the idea, it solves nothing...and at best is amusing - how i know you meant it - and at worst is highly insulting to very personal beliefs. so yea...i tried to go along with your humor. :)
    It's only insulting because people are ignorant.. tolorance and respect is key to our survival... of course, I guess "combining the religions" isn't exactly respectful to each, but I'm sure neither know the truth of things. I know I don't... sometimes the best solution is swallow our pride. Pride can feel good, but it can pit us against one another.
  • Options
    messymarvmessymarv Posts: 26
    If no God shows then the no gods win. To bad we will all be dead and there will be no trips to disney world.
  • Options
    I really don't think religion has anything do with it, its all about politics and power.
  • Options
    messymarv wrote:
    If no God shows then the no gods win. To bad we will all be dead and there will be no trips to disney world.
    some will get to ride space mountain.. others will wait in line and dream of their turn..

OK, I'm really insane tonight. :cool:
  • Options
    purrmo wrote:
    I really don't think religion has anything do with it, its all about politics and power.
    but its their excuse right now. You have a point.. erase religion and they'd find something else to bitch about.. I would too if I lived in a friggen desert. :cool:
  • Options
    but its their excuse right now. You have a point.. erase religion and they'd find something else to bitch about.. I would too if I lived in a friggen desert. :cool:

see thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=203754

for further discussion of all that. :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    It's only insulting because people are ignorant.. tolorance and respect is key to our survival... of course, I guess "combining the religions" isn't exactly respectful to each, but I'm sure neither know the truth of things. I know I don't... sometimes the best solution is swallow our pride. Pride can feel good, but it can pit us against one another.

sorry, i don't buy that. it's insulting b/c it's meant to insult. to be tolerant one must accept that others have beliefs outside their own, and be RESPECTFUL of their right to have said beliefs, etc. to talk down to it, call thier beliefs ignorant, etc.....it's insulting. who's to say who, if any, are right? that's not the point in this...it's simply approaching ALL beliefs with respect, and by saying they should simply combine belief systems does not respect that. i was avioding such b/c i knew you meant it all in humor...but as i said, to someone truly devout, not too humorous. sure, your right to say what you think...but yea...still doesn't make it respectful. sure too, you can tell me go feck respect...again your right....and i was merely sharing my thoughts. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    see thread:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=203754

for further discussion of all that. :p
    It's what got me started on this one! :p ...IMO, Religion is an excuse. It's all about basic human flaws of being stubborn.. it starts of at the earliest levels.. goths, jocks, gangs in highschool.. and moves onto religion, nationalism.... even sports have had me and friends in near fist fights because of the teams we supported, lol. I think its natural for us to feel like we have a purpose, a mission and a side. We thrive off of this and unfortunately it makes it to the level of killing eachother.
  • Options
    It's what got me started on this one! :p ...IMO, Religion is an excuse. It's all about basic human flaws of being stubborn.. it starts of at the earliest levels.. goths, jocks, gangs in highschool.. and moves onto religion, nationalism.... even sports have had me and friends in near fist fights because of the teams we supported, lol. I think its natural for us to feel like we have a purpose, a mission and a side. We thrive off of this and unfortunately it makes it to the level of killing eachother.

well i will stick with the arguments in that thread, most are quite sensible. what you describe, to me, exactly illustrates what the REAL issue is: human nature. religion in in it's unperverted, pure form, is a beautiful thing to those who believe...and should NOT be devisive....but all this was covered ad nauseum elsewhere and i for one am not going thru it all again. :p for me, the biggest issue is GREED...desire to have whatever is best in the world, what is most valued by a culture...and that has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with human wants/needs/greed.

i'm outta here for this convo, again. have fun. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Its about land and national identity, much more than it is about religion.
  • Options
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    Its about land and national identity, much more than it is about religion.

thank you. agreed.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    sorry, i don't buy that. it's insulting b/c it's meant to insult. to be tolerant one must accept that others have beliefs outside their own, and be RESPECTFUL of their right to have said beliefs, etc. to talk down to it, call thier beliefs ignorant, etc.....it's insulting. who's to say who, if any, are right? that's not the point in this...it's simply approaching ALL beliefs with respect, and by saying they should simply combine belief systems does not respect that. i was avioding such b/c i knew you meant it all in humor...but as i said, to someone truly devout, not too humorous. sure, your right to say what you think...but yea...still doesn't make it respectful. sure too, you can tell me go feck respect...again your right....and i was merely sharing my thoughts. :)

I actually think it is ignorant, too, in terms that in order to be intolerant, people are ignoring the experience of others--hence ignorance. True tolerance is about acceptance--like you said.

The super-ego is about the pettiness in humans imagining God, and coming up with an ugly flawed God, created in our image. The superconscious, or the super-religion sense of spirituality would answer to human spirituality which is universal. It's the petty ego that distorts our true nature. Our ego has been molded from our real nature, by our environment, and the pettiness we've learned. Because we've done that cannot take from the fact that we are so much more, and at heart, we are truly universal.

• Options

I believe people will evolve and uncover a sense of their true spirituality by experience. At such a level spirituality is universal, and tolerance of each other becomes the only choice. People may observe different rituals in celebrating their spirituality, but when humans come in touch with their Higher Self the option of living in a petty, prideful way becomes no longer valid. The whole thing about higher spirituality is that it is beyond pride. In order to get to such levels, we need to resolve and let go of our lower human issues that encumber us.

• Options

I'm not sure I get your point....

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    I'm not sure I get your point....

The book, not the summary. It relates to the point at hand and is quite entertaining as well.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Can't they just combine the two religions and make a super religion?

No?

Okay.

Keep killing in the name of "I don't like you because you're different and you don't like me either"...

:cool:

This conflict isn't about religion, it's about one country engaging in an illegal military occupation of the others land, and subjecting it's people to daily acts of humiliation and terrorism, on a scale which makes Apartheid South Africa look like a playground.
  • Options
    The book, not the summary. It relates to the point at hand and is quite entertaining as well.
    Okay, I hear you now.

but does it include aliens teaching spiritual truths? ;)

• Options
    angelica wrote:
    Okay, I hear you now.

but does it include aliens teaching spiritual truths? ;)

No, just an animated spoon.
  • Options
    EvilToasterElfEvilToasterElf Posts: 1,119
    Byrnzie wrote:
    This conflict isn't about religion, it's about one country engaging in an illegal military occupation of the others land, and subjecting it's people to daily acts of humiliation and terrorism, on a scale which makes Apartheid South Africa look like a playground.

What if we just sent both countries to disney world?