Options

Pipline to be shutdow for weeks or MONTHS!!!

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
By MARY PEMBERTON
Associated Press Writer

ANCHORAGE, Alaska

BP PLC said Monday it will replace 73 percent of the pipelines from the nation's largest oil field and that it could be closed for weeks or months, crimping the nation's oil supplies at a time of peak demand.

BP, the world's second-largest oil company, began shutting down the pipelines on Monday and said it would replace 16 miles of the 22 miles of transit pipeline in the Prudhoe Bay field following a leak discovered Sunday.

Company officials told a news conference they did not immediately know how much it would cost to replace the lines. They will continue to keep the oil field closed and bring parts back into service once it's safe to do so.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Not to be rude but theres already a thread about this at the bottom of the page. Nevertheless thanks for the heads up though. Good thing I don't drive.
  • Options
    Not to be rude but theres already a thread about this at the bottom of the page. Nevertheless thanks for the heads up though. Good thing I don't drive.

I understand. However, the duration of the shutdown was never mentioned until today. This could be bad news if it's shut down for MONTHS. Just friggin great:(
  • Options
    I understand. However, the duration of the shutdown was never mentioned until today. This could be bad news if it's shut down for MONTHS. Just friggin great:(

I just noticed you posted the other thread about this, sorry about that. Man, how much is that going to make gas prices rise? Since I don't drive i barely notice how much they are and how they jump and shit.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    This should make people here happy. They are shutting down, and losing income to insure safe operation instead of continuing to operate unsafely. What ever anti corrosion methods they are using (cathodic protection, coatings etc. are obviously not up to par)

This is a good thing long term and for the environment.

Supply is fine, this will be covered by the US SPR.

We're talking about 5 cents a gallon long term.

Futures are going up because they can in the end there is little danger to supply, they'll work 24 7 on this. Trust me.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I just noticed you posted the other thread about this, sorry about that. Man, how much is that going to make gas prices rise? Since I don't drive i barely notice how much they are and how they jump and shit.

ohh no prob!! Good that you don't drive. Hey what a thought!!... Let's shutdown the piplelines right when PEAK HURRICANE season is about to go down! I mean, we haven't had one yet, and the season is bout to hit PRIME TIME, so hell, shut the pipe lines down, let a hurricane hit, and we're talkin bout 5 bucks a gallon.

FRIGGIN UNREAL!!

Of course I understand repairs are needed in order to stop another environmental catastrophe. But dam...