Options

Pearl Jam: Vote For Change? 2004 Tour Film - Host a screening!

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,615
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Here's how to enter:
    Tell us where you would host the party (your home, a theater, a local hangout, etc)., how many people would attend/how you would invite them and any other tidbits that make your party locale the winning ticket.
    Please limit your entries to 250 words, and submit them via email along with your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and a jpeg photo of the proposed premiere space to contests@tenclub.net. Please use "VFC FILM CONTEST ENTRY" as your subject line.

the CORRECT email address should be:

contest@tenclub.net
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    are we gonna try do a screening this time around?
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    if someones doing a chicago screening and needs any help let me know... i just dont have the time to plan something completely

what better place than our next presidents hometown?? :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PjWeezyPjWeezy Posts: 159
    I'm trying to host a screening on my campus, James Madison University in the ever important state of Virginia. Even better, Obama is hosting a rally on our campus on tuesday!!!!
  • Options
    are we gonna try do a screening this time around?
    well i'm trying to get one for my college, though its a bit outside nyc...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    JebRandJebRand Posts: 38
    share wrote:
    was just going to say that

although Toronto's own ACC has an AMAZING little cameo in there!!!!!

(walk to the arena with Mel, sit in the hotel room, walk to the arena with Mel, sit in the hotel room - got that one wrong!!!!)

PJ Fan? Living in TO? Like movies?

Please help support the Toronto Screening for Body of War:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=5956718#post5956718

Actually, this isn't just for people in TO....
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    well, i submitted my entry...for my living room. :p
    many of you have been here either just visiting, before/after pj shows or for the jammer garden party a few summers ago...:) hopefully it can happen! i figure anyone who needs to make the trip from NYC, easy! we can all meet up at penn station and take my local train home together. easily walk to/from the dreamn home to catch the train back, and for local islanders...an easy drive. it would be great to gather together many of the usual NYC area jammers for a viewing. with such short notice, i figured our 52" TV and surround system would suffice, and hopefully we can make it happen! if my entry does get chosen, be on the look-out for email invites! :cool:

***btw
    i got about 5 delivery failures, went to the 10c site...here's the CORRECT address to enter:

contest@tenclub.net

there is NO "s"...as in "contestS" as originally posted by ruby'sdad, thus why all the failure notices. good luck all! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    cc nyccc nyc Posts: 42
    I may try for one in NYC. Although LI is close, it is a week night,
    with work and voting the next day!!
    Would people be interested in one in the city as well?
  • Options
    cc nyccc nyc Posts: 42
    Also, I have a few places in mind, but if someone has a suggestion for a place in nyc let me know your thoughts.
    thanks
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Anyone going to try to host a Albany, NY screening?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    cc nyc wrote:
    I may try for one in NYC. Although LI is close, it is a week night,
    with work and voting the next day!!
    Would people be interested in one in the city as well?

well as i am sure they would go with NYC over LI and certainly would not choose both in any case, either way...i'd be in! as i work in manhattan completely easy either way...i just submitted so that we could have *something* since i've not seen anyone else try for arrangements for the NY crew and with one week's notice and a submission deadline by tomorrow! and i have the black crowes tonight :cool:, i don't have the time to try and scout out locations. if you get something going.....GREAT!

my only request, if at all possible try to pick a fairly central location, nothing too far uptown or downtown since many who make the NYC meet-ups are the bridge and tunnel crowd.....and the closer i am to penn, the easier it is for me to make and stay. :)

btw - if it WERE on long island, you would be back in manhattan by 12:30 AM at the latest - although the most likely, no problem....so not THAT late, even for a worknight. quite similar timing for those of us elsewhere who normally make it in for NYC meets and have to commute back home, and would be doing the same and getting home around that hour if we do indeed have it in manhattan. either way, should be cool!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    and i have the black crowes tonight :cool:, i don't have the time to try and scout out locations. if you get something going.....GREAT!

damn....i was supposed to go tonight, and alas no babysitter!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am trying for friday now. have fun!!!!

as far as 11/3 goes, I would prefer NYC to LI - no offense :D and I can hopefully be in attendance.
  • Options
    damn....i was supposed to go tonight, and alas no babysitter!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am trying for friday now. have fun!!!!

as far as 11/3 goes, I would prefer NYC to LI - no offense :D and I can hopefully be in attendance.

i would've rathered the firday night gig myself, but when i first got tix...tonight was the ONLY night. then they went and added 3 more nights. :rolleyes: either way, tonight or friday...sure to be a blast! ALWAYS put on a great live show!

and...i understand. :) as i said, either way is cool with me. both work. i only made my submission so there might be *something* for NY-area folks. the city usually IS best b/c it's most central for us ALL....long islanders, jersey folks, outer borough dwellers, you westchester folks...and sure...the few who actually do live in manhattan. :p i am game for either. or who knows, maybe we'd get both...dunno....figure it can't hurt to try, and hell yea...2 submissions just as good! with more time i might've looked into something else myself, but being at work and then the black crowes...no time! there are quite a few long islanders, so i am sure we could fill 2 parties well.....either way, i am sure to be at one i hope! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    november 3 would be good for me also.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I'm in Philly and would help get a party together or attend for the screening anybody interested PM me.The PHILS are going to win the F@#KIN WORLD SERIES tonight and I'm going its going to be the biggest party ever!
  • Options
    Wisconsin is a swing state. ;)

I'm going to look into having it at the Rosebud in Milwaukee, 69th and North, let's go swingstate!!!!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Pearl Jam just stepped their game up even more. First they recycle for the good of the earth, now they're recycling old footage as if its new!

haha well it is free, no complaining.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    Hey New Yorkers!

Everything is pretty much set up and ready to go, so if you can make it to pianos (http://www.pianosnyc.com) on November 3rd, then we should have a very nice screening of the film for all y'all New Yorkers. I'm also working on getting some (or one) of the people who worked on the film to come and introduce it.

Sound good?
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,107
    jeddeth wrote:
    Hey New Yorkers!

Everything is pretty much set up and ready to go, so if you can make it to pianos (http://www.pianosnyc.com) on November 3rd, then we should have a very nice screening of the film for all y'all New Yorkers. I'm also working on getting some (or one) of the people who worked on the film to come and introduce it.

Sound good?

works for me.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    jeddeth wrote:
    Hey New Yorkers!

Sound good?

can't beat that! keep us posted :)
  • Options
    jeddeth wrote:
    Hey New Yorkers!

Sound good?

very cool!
    well done!
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Oxxys wrote:
    Anyone going to try to host a Albany, NY screening?

Go for it! The last one was at Northern Lights.
  • Options
    Any Egyptian entries? :p

Man, US people get all the goodies and fun stuff :P
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • Options
    BigWave88BigWave88 Posts: 366
    i got id wrote:
    Anyone interested in a DC screeening? I'm thinking Busboys and Poets would make for a great spot!!!
    I will attend if DC wins one of the 50 goodie bags.
  • Options
    definitely like the 'bigger' plans for a NYC screening, but a small, low-key long island screening would be nice too. if both happened would be cool! if not, hopefully at least the NYC plans will happen so a greater # of NYC area folks can get to go. either way, win-win! :)

sounds like some nice plans shaping up for all over the country! cool...:cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    nocode4nocode4 Posts: 56
    Hey all-

I work at a student center at NYU and I have reserved 3 locations on campus that can host a screening- 75, 180 and 300 seats respectively...

My submission details how the campus would be an ideal location and culture to premiere the film...

If selected, it will be open to the public

50 students have already committed to attending if our entry is chosen

Obviously, I expect NYC PJ folk to turn out as well

Email me with any question and I'll keep you posted if our entry is selected

Fingers crossed

Please no PMs

Knowhunter@gmail.com
  • Options
    nocode4 wrote:
    Hey all-

I work at a student center at NYU and I have reserved 3 locations on campus that can host a screening- 75, 180 and 300 seats respectively...

My submission details how the campus would be an ideal location and culture to premiere the film...

If selected, it will be open to the public

50 students have already committed to attending if our entry is chosen

Obviously, I expect NYC PJ folk to turn out as well

Email me with any question and I'll keep you posted if our entry is selected

Fingers crossed

Please no PMs

Knowhunter@gmail.com

the kimmel center?
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    My vote goes to MDGSOLO here in BEND, OR...we can pack a theatre, Matt's house, whatever...Can't wait to see the VFC film..It was a great tour, with great friends, and great memories..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    nocode4nocode4 Posts: 56
    the kimmel center?

or Cantor Film Center
  • Options
    I can't tell if there is a lot of interest on here about this or not? I'm trying to get everything squared away for a Milwaukee showing if there are interested people please get in touch or post on here.