Options

Goodbye..

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited September 2006 in A Moving Train
to all my friends and ppl that debate here on the train. I can't sit here anymore and watch my threads be deleted. So, I'm staying off the train for quite some time and staying on the porch from now on. It's been fun, been fun with all of you and I mean it.

Take care, fight the fight!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    Hopefully you can find solace in the knowledge that that "pictures where Ed looks hot" thread will never be deleted. :)

This place seems to have a way of trapping you in some kind of virtual tractor beam, though. Maybe we'll see ya back here.

Good luck to ya.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • Options
    You saying we finally get to do without bullshit articles on how you think global warming is a myth?

articles that ignore all science and reason, supplied by a poster who ignores all counter arguments?

It's like we got rid of herpes you guys... didn't think it would ever be done.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    You saying we finally get to do without bullshit articles on how you think global warming is a myth?

articles that ignore all science and reason, supplied by a poster who ignores all counter arguments?

It's like we got rid of herpes you guys... didn't think it would ever be done.

Now if someone could only finish eating their toast and be done with that. Maybe someday.
  • Options
    Now if someone could only finish eating their toast and be done with that. Maybe someday.
    sorry, but that guy's threads really annoyed the crap out of me.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    melodiousmelodious Posts: 1,719
    to all my friends and ppl that debate here on the train. I can't sit here anymore and watch my threads be deleted. So, I'm staying off the train and staying on the porch from now on. It's been fun, been fun with all of you and I mean it.

Take care, fight the fight!
    does this mean you gonna be like others who say they leave but then come back in another identity?
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    ok, I'll bite. I don't spend every minute here but when I do join the fun it does seem lately that the mods have begun to take sides on what they deem okay to post.

I agree with no insults policy, and that should apply to BOTH sides but my un-scientific and undocumented opinion is that it is being unfairly applied.

Secondly, the mods should not be political correct thought police either. So, is this happening too? Kat and Sea, no offense meant but I really don't know if you are two people or ten different people, but I don't think it would be good if judgeing whether or not a post or thread stays should depend on your agreement with a posters thoughts. As long as they are not insulting anyone or rude then they should stay.

Hopefully, this is not occuring.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    WindNoSail wrote:
    it does seem lately that the mods have begun to take sides on what they deem okay to post.

Lately? Arrrgh...

I'll just keep my mouth shut on this one, just be a good little Nazi.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I'm all for uncensured debate.

People don't fully understand what others intend. It's like they automatically assume intent.

A good example was yesterday when I joined a CS:S server, people were talking about muslims and jews. All I said was "I've done my research" and they said "Kill all muslims right Animus?" then I was muted and disallowed to talk by the server administrator.

All of you on here know my perspective is quite different than that.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    then, why doesn't admin ever cut on me? i can be a bit too forward; lord knows i have no tact; and yet i have never once been reprimanded. it seems to me if someone clicks on "accept" then it's like probation: you agree to terms. perhaps, admin would like to see people willingly step back and figure out a better approach and yet there's a few who don't seem to wanna give a little.

everytime i have emailed kat; she has emailed me back. as far a the sea is concerned; i have had no contact with ever.

i tend to think if people don't step back like 69 so willingly put forth; the m/t will be a thing of the past. is it worth everyone suffering for a few to "smash" others?

if it's a free speech issue, forget it----free speech may be a thing of the past or it never really existed anyway. if ya wanna change the world, get off your *sses and do a little; in the long run; the only person that will change is yourself; and remember what you don't change about yourself; nature will.

it all depends on why you boarded this m/t; remember that a person's actions can be either part of the problem or part of a solution; which do you choose?
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    melodious wrote:
    then, why doesn't admin ever cut on me? i can be a bit too forward; lord knows i have no tact; and yet i have never once been reprimanded. it seems to me if someone clicks on "accept" then it's like probation: you agree to terms. perhaps, admin would like to see people willingly step back and figure out a better approach and yet there's a few who don't seem to wanna give a little.

everytime i have emailed kat; she has emailed me back. as far a the sea is concerned; i have had no contact with ever.

i tend to think if people don't step back like 69 so willingly put forth; the m/t will be a thing of the past. is it worth everyone suffering for a few to "smash" others?

if it's a free speech issue, forget it----free speech may be a thing of the past or it never really existed anyway. if ya wanna change the world, get off your *sses and do a little; in the long run; the only person that will change is yourself; and remember what you don't change about yourself; nature will.

it all depends on why you boarded this m/t; remember that a person's actions can be either part of the problem or part of a solution; which do you choose?

If I can convince one person the war on terror is bullshit and god doesn't exist. Then I feel I've done all I can. Those things are important to me. I see them as major blemishes on the face of humanity. Holding us back from truly understanding each other and being tolerant. Tolerance doesn't just mean we accept black people and homosexuals. It means we tolerate other people's personalities and differences of opinion. That means anti-hate has to go too, because it is a form of intolerance disguised as building tolerance. There are two sides to every war.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    Ahnimus wrote:
    If I can convince one person the war on terror is bullshit and god doesn't exist. Then I feel I've done all I can. Those things are important to me. I see them as major blemishes on the face of humanity. Holding us back from truly understanding each other and being tolerant. Tolerance doesn't just mean we accept black people and homosexuals. It means we tolerate other people's personalities and differences of opinion. That means anti-hate has to go too, because it is a form of intolerance disguised as building tolerance. There are two sides to every war.
    you can lead a horse to water; ahnimus, but can you make them drink?

*/edit: god doesn't exist? how can you mean? if there is no god, then what is it that you propose resembles all curious relationships within nature? btw:u r not on my interpretation of rude list; you actually have brought a sense of reasonable balance. it would be my loss if i couldn't read yours and a few of the others words here. to me this m/t is a valuable resource; i would hate to see exploitation of will and ego consume it....

all realities become from an evolutionary composition....
    all insanity:
    a derivitive of nature.
    nature is god
    god is love
    love is light
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    WindNoSail wrote:
    ok, I'll bite. I don't spend every minute here but when I do join the fun it does seem lately that the mods have begun to take sides on what they deem okay to post.

I agree with no insults policy, and that should apply to BOTH sides but my un-scientific and undocumented opinion is that it is being unfairly applied.

Secondly, the mods should not be political correct thought police either. So, is this happening too? Kat and Sea, no offense meant but I really don't know if you are two people or ten different people, but I don't think it would be good if judgeing whether or not a post or thread stays should depend on your agreement with a posters thoughts. As long as they are not insulting anyone or rude then they should stay.

Hopefully, this is not occuring.

We hear this from both sides of the debates. Everyone just needs to follow the Posting Guidelines they agreed to when they registered and there won't be a problem. It's all your choice, in your hands.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down