Options

Airline passenger told to conceal T-shirt

2»

Comments

• Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    RainDog wrote:
    Hell Yeah!! Debt record at zero, baby!

Oh, shit. I'm not supposed to talk about Project Mayhem. I broke the first rule!

If that is the case. Make sure you warn me as I won't show up that day. I am not a slave to the job and a person who dosen't heed warnings.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    sorry for your delay, but people that apparently look like you have sworn to kill us and love to blow up themselves on airplanes..deal with it. if a bunch of fat white guys start blowing shit up, i would expect to be delayed a little myself.

Why do I have to pay for the sins of others...Terrorists come in all colors, Jose Padilla, not Mid-eastern, Timothy McVeigh, not Mid-eastern, Eric Rudolph, not-Mid-eastern. I am against all profiling no matter what color you are, white guys have blown shit up and they have not been profiled. Profiling is a racist act cloaked in fear. If we are relying on the airlines and the government through profiling to catch the next terrorist about to board a plane then we are not as safe as you think. If having me stand with about 40 other men, women and children for 5 hours makes you FEEL safe, I am not sure I can just "deal with it." The next terrorist (hopefully there never will be a next one) will not look like me, he will look like you.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    "every American Has The Right To Freedom Of Speach, Until They Decide To Use It".....eddie Vedder
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    MrBrian wrote:
    Human rights activist was briefly barred from JetBlue flight in Oakland

NEW YORK - An Arab human rights activist was prevented from boarding a plane at Kennedy Airport while wearing a T-shirt that read, “We will not be silent,” in English and Arabic.

Raed Jarrar was at the gate to board a JetBlue Airways flight to Oakland, Calif., on Aug. 12 when four officials from the airline or a government agency stopped him and told him he could not board with the shirt on, he said Wednesday.

One official told him, “Going to an airport with a T-shirt in Arabic script is like going to a bank and wearing a T-shirt that says, ‘I’m a robber,”’ he said.

The thing is, after they searched his records, searched his bags, body and saw that he was not a threat, they let him fly but made him take the shirt off, now where is this freedom of press/speech we hear of?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14591252/

We are winning the war on terror :rolleyes:

When backward Americans are scared of what a T-Shirt says, that's all the more proof that I need that there are just too many people breathing my air.

Words On A Shirt...perhaps that will be the EXTRA SCARY sequel to Snakes On A Plane! :p

I have no patience for fucking idiots.
  • Options
    AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
    we are merely showing more and more pride and openness in our ignorance and racism. Bush is winning over our hearts and minds.