Options

U.S Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for Israelis

MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis
By DAVID S. CLOUD and HELENE COOPER
WASHINGTON, July 21 — The Bush administration is rushing a delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel, which requested the expedited shipment last week after beginning its air campaign against Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, American officials said Friday.

The decision to quickly ship the weapons to Israel was made with relatively little debate within the Bush administration, the officials said. Its disclosure threatens to anger Arab governments and others because of the appearance that the United States is actively aiding the Israeli bombing campaign in a way that could be compared to Iran’s efforts to arm and resupply Hezbollah.

The munitions that the United States is sending to Israel are part of a multimillion-dollar arms sale package approved last year that Israel is able to draw on as needed, the officials said. But Israel’s request for expedited delivery of the satellite and laser-guided bombs was described as unusual by some military officers, and as an indication that Israel still had a long list of targets in Lebanon to strike.

http://fairuse.100webcustomers.com/sf/nyt7_22_06_8.htm
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    What's interesting is that these weapons will probably result in far fewer civilian deaths than the munitions Israel has been using up until this point.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    good i hope we ship more bombs to them...its make me proud to know that my tax dollars is going to support israel
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    miller8966 wrote:
    good i hope we ship more bombs to them...its make me proud to know that my tax dollars is going to support israel

Who is paying you? Is your job to drive people insane? Because every time I hear this kind of garbage I feel like slitting my wrists.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    What's interesting is that these weapons will probably result in far fewer civilian deaths than the munitions Israel has been using up until this point.

And if america did'nt sell/give them any weapons in the first place we would have even fewer deaths.
  • Options
    miller8966miller8966 Posts: 1,452
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Who is paying you? Is your job to drive people insane? Because every time I hear this kind of garbage I feel like slitting my wrists.

Its the truth...i support israel and am not ashamed to support them.
    America...the greatest Country in the world.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    miller8966 wrote:

Hahahah!! You're a fucking plant for the US Gov't or IDL. Lol I hope so for your sake.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    miller8966 wrote:

Israelis are just as big of terrorists as the rest of them.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    shirazshiraz Posts: 528
    A little clarification: Remember that bunker in a southern orban part of Beirut? You know, the one that even 23 massive bombs couldn't harm?

The american bombs are being adressed to that kind of terrorist's bunker.

btw, those 23 bombs were well targeted towards one area. No civilians nor terrorists were hurt as a result of that specific bombing (according to arab & Israeli media). But yes, I think it still means some kind of escalation.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    miller8966 wrote:

I'm with you Isreal has right to defend itself. Hezbollah is part of the Lebanese government.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    beemster wrote:
    Hezbollah is part of the Lebanese government.

Do you have proof of this fact or does it just make it easier for you to sleep at night?
  • Options
    OpenOpen Posts: 792
    miller8966 wrote:

You support yourself and your lame attempts at drawing attention to yourself are really getting old.
  • Options
    beetlebeetle Posts: 39
    Do you have proof of this fact or does it just make it easier for you to sleep at night?

do the 23 seats out of 128 in the lebanese parliament your definition of proof that hezbollah is "part of the lebonese gov't"?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

8-23-00,8-24-00,4-30-03,7-08-03,7-09-03,7-11-03,9-28-04,9-29-04,10-1-04,5-13-06,5-27-06,6-01-06,6-03-06
  • Options
    chopitdownchopitdown Posts: 2,222
    beetle wrote:
    do the 23 seats out of 128 in the lebanese parliament your definition of proof that hezbollah is "part of the lebonese gov't"?

Facts!!! we don't need no stinking facts.
    make sure the fortune that you seek...is the fortune that you need
  • Options
    IndianSummerIndianSummer Posts: 854
    miller8966 wrote:
    which company do you work for??
    I have faced it, A life wasted...

Take my hand, my child of love
    Come step inside my tears
    Swim the magic ocean,
    I've been crying all these years
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Israel is going to have to go in an eradicate them, but that will cause more hatred and loss of life.. The US needs to push for serious negiotation right now. Especially now because they've lost so much credibility on the Iraq thing.

Israel is looking at a genocide they can't accomplish. Firm negiotation is the only option. Fighting makes more fighting and anger. You just harm the innocent that don't understand, and then they start hating and killing.

I wish I could push a button to selectively vaporize all the Hezzbollah nuts. That's what needs to be done, but can't.
    Their brothers and sisters that only know the goodness in them will start to hate.

It's like that serial killer where the parents deny it and the neighbors are quoted as saying "gee I can;t believe it, he was the nicest neighbor".

These hezzy nutters appear normal and dress in civilian clothes. That's the problem. You can't seperate it enough to combat it effectively. It just makes more mess.

One part of me says ya roast em silly, and the other knows that it's wrong.

That I believe is the right way to look at it. Negiotiation is the only way.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    MrBrian wrote:
    U.S. Speeds Up Bomb Delivery for the Israelis
    By DAVID S. CLOUD and HELENE COOPER
    WASHINGTON, July 21 — The Bush administration is rushing a delivery of precision-guided bombs to Israel, which requested the expedited shipment last week after beginning its air campaign against Hezbollah targets in Lebanon, American officials said Friday.

how nice of them. :(
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say