Options

House overwhelmingly backs Israel in vote

MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
edited July 2006 in A Moving Train
"Where the mother goes, the child will follow"

America, as always right behind mother israel.

WASHINGTON - The House, displaying a foreign affairs solidarity lacking on issues like Iraq, voted overwhelmingly Thursday to support Israel in its confrontation with Hezbollah guerrillas.

the resolution, which was passed on a 410-8 vote, also condemns enemies of the Jewish state.

House Republican leader John Boehner cited Israel's "unique relationship" with the United States as a reason for his colleagues to swiftly go on record supporting Israel in the latest flare-up of violence in the Mideast.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060720/ap_on_go_co/us_mideast
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    "unique relationship" like the massive jewish lobby group that provides most of the campaign contributions for people like Bush and the ADL that knows all of the governments secrets. If Israel is the "mother" then the USA must be the "father" because we constantly find them in bed together.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    haha... interesting analogy.

In one way I can see the mentality of - yeah..jus let em fight and get it out of their systems....

on the other hand the same mentality (given the circumstances) makes me want to projectile vomit across the room endlessly.

Makes me wonder if the govt's of today have a long term memory span of more then 15 mins (or seconds for that matter) :rolleyes:

My latter observations would definitely seem to validate the statistics.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I'm having a hard time trying to find the names of the eight congressmen who voted against it. Its not up on house.gov yet. Can anyone find the roll call on this vote?

From what I did read there were a few congressmen of Lebanese decent who voted against, and one was "sick to his stomach"...
  • Options
    HoonHoon Posts: 175
    Kenny Olav wrote:
    I'm having a hard time trying to find the names of the eight congressmen who voted against it. Its not up on house.gov yet. Can anyone find the roll call on this vote?

From what I did read there were a few congressmen of Lebanese decent who voted against, and one was "sick to his stomach"...

McDermott represented me!

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2006/roll391.xml

---- NAYS 8 ---

Abercrombie
    Conyers
    Dingell
    Kilpatrick (MI)
    McDermott
    Paul
    Rahall
    Stark
    If you keep yourself as the final arbiter you will be less susceptible to infection from cultural illusion.
  • Options
    rightonduderightondude Posts: 745
    Hoon wrote:

I frequently tramped eight or ten miles through the deepest snow to keep an appointment with a beech-tree, or a yellow birch, or an old acquaintance among the pines. ~Henry David Thoreau

Question? Is that just to take a leak or is that dude just a serious nature nut.

When I think snow and trees and going for a walk I think well...ahhh gotta take a leak!

If I were him, I'd save some time take about 8 or 10 steps then just let it razz in the bushes.... :D

Sorry I was just thinking in the good old days mentality "we had to walk 8-10 miles just to take a leak in the woods".

I just wikkied him (sorry) :D