Daughter Tags

pjheasds8pjheasds8 Posts: 91
edited April 2008 in The Porch
wouldn't it be cool if it were possible to have all the Daughter tags morphed together into one super long song. anyone out there have the software and mixing skills to accomplish this?

something I may start playing around with.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    YES, it would be very cool .. I often thought about that ... I haven't got any software ... check out the speed, maybe it's possible to make up a few versions who've got the same speed....
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

• Not related to daughter, but I've long wanted to make a CD of all the Blacks from the 2005 Canada tour. Those were some amazing Blacks
  • Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    There is one out there. It's 30+ minutes and whoever mixed it is a master because it sounds like it was all performed at one show. I have no idea where you could find it now, but someone posted a link to it here sometime last year.
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • doujodoujo Posts: 285
    this would be awesome. a link would be greatly appreciated.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Royals32 wrote:
    There is one out there. It's 30+ minutes and whoever mixed it is a master because it sounds like it was all performed at one show. I have no idea where you could find it now, but someone posted a link to it here sometime last year.

was the showbox war in there?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    was the showbox war in there?

War-Yes. Showbox-I don't know.

I found it on my PC. The track is actually 36 minutes and the Daughter portion is less than 6 so the tag part itself is 30+ minutes. Here they are in order - keep in mind I'm not a PJ cover expert. If I don't know the song name, I'll just put the first few words of the song.

1. Something about a "police state"
    2. Bow wow yippee yo yippee yay - snoop dogg sounding thing
    3. Dream baby dream...hey...keep those dreams...baby you know those dreams will keep you free...dream baby dream...
    4. Beds Are Burning
    5. I Won't Back Down (funky version)
    6. Rhythmic "Hey Hey Hey's and Ohhhhhhh's " interacting with the crowd.
    7. L-O-V-E the most important word to me...(chants L-O-V-E over and over)
    8. I'm going to make you sing...nobody like me...because I'm special...so special (moaning and groaning, etc)
    9. My Two Hands
    10. Something about being a singer like Lou Reed and living with fear...I'm a humble guy with healthy desires...(I have no idea)

15 minutes to go...

11. I'm so tired...more rambling about emotions and politics...
    12. I Believe in Miracles
    13. Hey Ho, Let's Go...Hey ho, there they go, they're on the road to Mexico.
    15. Everywhere I gooooooooooooooooo...Ed gets the crowd singing along
    16. Hush now baby, don't you cry...sing yourself your own lullaby...Where there were deserts, I saw fountains...(again, I have no idea)
    17. The People Have The Power
    18. Like a whisper, I hear her name...(long rabmling) - then back to Hey Ho Let It Go...
    19. Hide your Love Away (pretty short)
    20. We don't Need No Education
    21. Improv about being American, greed, MTV, People on TV on the news.
    22. War (What is it good for?)
    23. It's OK (pretty long)

And that's it.

I'd be happy to email it to anybody, but the file is 68 MB and I'm pretty sure that's too big for my office email. If someone could explain how I could make this available to everyone, I'd love to put it out there for you all.
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
  • doujodoujo Posts: 285
    oh man, someone please help our friend, i have no idea how to do it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    doujo wrote:
    oh man, someone please help our friend, i have no idea how to do it.

Yes, by all means, "someone please help our friend." This rarity needs a home in my ipod :D.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Royals32 wrote:

ts the one where ed goes apeshit.....fuck you fuck me no war no war.....

and as for the snoop dogg thing, its atomic dog, george clinton. sorry pet peeve of mine.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    Not related to daughter, but I've long wanted to make a CD of all the Blacks from the 2005 Canada tour. Those were some amazing Blacks

I did this for Black a while back. not sure if I still have it, but if i do, ill upload it.
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • Would LOVE a copy please. That sounds fantastic!

You can upload it to a file share site and post the link here then everyone can d/l their own copy.
    RapidShare
    MegaUpload
    YouSendIt
    Etc...

Thanks!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • bump.
    Throw Your Hatred Down
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    One of my favorite Daughter tags came at the Dallas '98 show, which I saw in person.

goes into "Mother" by John Lennon, then a long extended bit of "Monkey Gone to Heaven" by the Pixies.

It was fucking phenomenal.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
    One of my favorite Daughter tags came at the Dallas '98 show, which I saw in person.

goes into "Mother" by John Lennon, then a long extended bit of "Monkey Gone to Heaven" by the Pixies.

that does sound good.

any word on getting this megamix up yet?
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955

that'd be amazing... i wanna hear it!!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    that'd be amazing... i wanna hear it!!

you can find the whole show here: http://pearljamlive.com/ ... Go to 1998 shows, you'll find the Dallas/Reunion Arena show.

Daughter is track 17. Just fast forward.

This whole show is pretty legendary in the Pearl Jam iconography. Dennis Rodman came barrelling onstage drunk off his ass about three songs in and wouldn't leave. Lot of funny Ed dialogue about it. When Rodman tries to send backup vocals on STBC, they have to shut off Stone's mic.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
    Ok here it is. This is the first time I've ever used an upload service like this so I hope it worked. I'm positive I'll find out if it didn't

http://rapidshare.com/files/87554695/Pearl_Jam_-_Daughter_Tag_Mix_.mp3.html

Enjoy!
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Royals32 wrote:

I found it on my PC. The track is actually 36 minutes and the Daughter portion is less than 6 so the tag part itself is 30+ minutes. Here they are in order - keep in mind I'm not a PJ cover expert. If I don't know the song name, I'll just put the first few words of the song.

1. Something about a "police state"
    3. Dream baby dream...hey...keep those dreams...baby you know those dreams will keep you free...dream baby dream...
    4. Beds Are Burning
    5. I Won't Back Down (funky version)
    6. Rhythmic "Hey Hey Hey's and Ohhhhhhh's " interacting with the crowd.
    7. L-O-V-E the most important word to me...(chants L-O-V-E over and over)
    8. I'm going to make you sing...nobody like me...because I'm special...so special (moaning and groaning, etc)
    9. My Two Hands
    10. Something about being a singer like Lou Reed and living with fear...I'm a humble guy with healthy desires...(I have no idea)

15 minutes to go...

11. I'm so tired...more rambling about emotions and politics...
    12. I Believe in Miracles
    13. Hey Ho, Let's Go...Hey ho, there they go, they're on the road to Mexico.
    15. Everywhere I gooooooooooooooooo...Ed gets the crowd singing along
    16. Hush now baby, don't you cry...sing yourself your own lullaby...Where there were deserts, I saw fountains...(again, I have no idea)
    17. The People Have The Power
    18. Like a whisper, I hear her name...(long rabmling) - then back to Hey Ho Let It Go...
    19. Hide your Love Away (pretty short)
    20. We don't Need No Education
    21. Improv about being American, greed, MTV, People on TV on the news.
    22. War (What is it good for?)
    23. It's OK (pretty long)

And that's it.

I'd be happy to email it to anybody, but the file is 68 MB and I'm pretty sure that's too big for my office email. If someone could explain how I could make this available to everyone, I'd love to put it out there for you all.

I can ID a few of those for you.

#2 is called Atomic Dog by George Clinton
    #8 is Brass in Pocket by The Pretenders
    #10 is I've Been Tired by The Pixies
    #11 the politcs ramble is No More Pain by Embrace

I compiled a list of Daughter tags from all the boots on my iPod. Androgynous Mind (Sonic Youth) was far and away the most frequent. But some of my favs are The Wrong Child (REM), Bull in the Heather (Sonic Youth), Beatiful Way (Beck), Everybody's Gonna Be Happy (The Kinks).
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • #1 is W.M.A.

BRILLIANT! Thanks for the link!
    Nothing divine dies. All good is eternally reproductive. The beauty of nature reforms itself in the mind, and not for barren contemplation, but for new creation. ~ Nature, Emerson
  • I actually did one a while ago becuase i loved all those tags from daughter and love the YL mix that someone did. I had to pick tags though that were in the same sound quality so unfortunaley i dont think i put any 2000 boots on there since the mix was lower. But it is about 30 min long and maybe even longer.
    Bob
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    36 minutes woah!
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    man this is awesome. thanks for the link this just made my day!!
    (id secretly wanted this for ages and never tried making one myself and now i dont have to bother!)

the crazy things is that there's probably thirty more brilliant tags out there for another mix!!
  • 1996: Zürich - 2000: Zürich - 2006: Marseille, Paris & Berne
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 563
    Royals32 wrote:
    Ok here it is. This is the first time I've ever used an upload service like this so I hope it worked. I'm positive I'll find out if it didn't

http://rapidshare.com/files/87554695/Pearl_Jam_-_Daughter_Tag_Mix_.mp3.html

Enjoy!

Awesome! Thanks!!!
    2000: Hamburg
    2006: Berlin
    2007: Munich * Düsseldorf
    2009: Berlin * Manchester * London
    2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin
    2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen
    EV 2012: Amsterdam I & II
    2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin
    EV 2017: Berlin
    2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin
    2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II #
    2024: Berlin I & II

~~~

“It is curious that while good people go to great lengths to spare their children from suffering, few of them seem to notice that the one (and only) guaranteed way to prevent all the suffering of their children is not to bring those children into existence in the first place.”
    ― David Benatar - Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

• Awesome, thanx for all the responses. I thought this thread fizzled away after I first posted, but I'm glad to see there is something out there for us. Thannx to the creator of it.

one of my best friends is a musical magician with a studio in his house....but, he busts my balls so much about PJ that I know he would never help me out. If he did, he would create something that would be out of this world.

thanx again!!
  • Weird that there are no Sleater-Kinney tags on there. Unless the creator did that on purpose ;)
    NERDS!
  • yes the sleater kinney thing was on purpose. Sometimes i just cant stand them so i didnt want to ruin the mix with them.
    Bob
  • yes the sleater kinney thing was on purpose. Sometimes i just cant stand them so i didnt want to ruin the mix with them.

Yeah but the tags are good though. I like Modern Girl :D
    NERDS!
  • Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    Very cool!!! Thanks!!!
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,888
    Thank you!!!! May much good karma come your way!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16