Options

Pat Robertson: God Told Me of "mass killing" in 2007

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
edited January 2007 in A Moving Train
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election.

Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wish this guy would just go away. He doesn't seem like the type of guy I read about in the bible of whom God would talk to. I mean, Jesus hung out with addicts and prostitutes, yet also decides to speak to the biggest evangelical leader in the US. Doesn't make sense to me...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Why are people like Pat Robertson so vocal?

Prognostication is such crap...... so if there is one he can say....look SEE I'M Right!!!! and stupid people will follow him and if he's wrong???? Will anyone call him on it or will he admit he's full of shit to begin with?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    my track record is better than his too,... i broke 2 minutes in the 800m run. :)

it is a shame that people believe this horse shit,...
    you're a real hooker. im gonna slap you in public.
    ~Ron Burgundy
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Here's the other thread about this from last night: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=228326

It is amazing that the guy has such a large following, and yet nobody ever admits to liking him. I'd love to read one person on this board step up to defend him. I've never met anybody who doesn't think Pat has his head up his ass.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    god told me that pat robertson will continue to be a huge douchebag in 2007.

i have a pretty good track record too, btw.

lmao, I am sure you'll continue to be correct with your predictions
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    jeffbr wrote:
    Here's the other thread about this from last night: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=228326

It is amazing that the guy has such a large following, and yet nobody ever admits to liking him. I'd love to read one person on this board step up to defend him. I've never met anybody who doesn't think Pat has his head up his ass.

you're not exactly in the 700 clubs demographic though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    qtegirlqtegirl Posts: 321
    Well, fear is always good business. I'm sure that his foundation will receive lots of donations from people praying that they're not included in those millions of deaths.

I wonder if Pat give them personal assurance:

"For fifty bucks, I'll ask God to spare you"
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    god told me that pat robertson will continue to be a huge douchebag in 2007.

i have a pretty good track record too, btw.

my spidey senses tell me you are absolutely correct :)
  • Options
    Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    Anyone think it is good that he said this? Maybe the "terror community" will not attack the United States out of spite.

"Let's show those idiot Christian Americans that their religious leaders are buffoons. No attack in 2007. Let's put some egg on this clown's face."
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I've long since stopped paying any heed to anything Pat Robertson says.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    RushlimboRushlimbo Posts: 832
    Maybe Homeland Security should arrest Robertson for knowing about an upcoming terrorist attack. Aiding and abbetting, maybe conspiracy. They would have to increase the size of the cell at Gitmo to provide enough room for his big 'ol noggin.
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 465
    maybe he knows something we don't....

or he's fuckin crazy. i didn;t know God could talk. isn't that something only humans do?
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Rushlimbo wrote:
    Maybe Homeland Security should arrest Robertson for knowing about an upcoming terrorist attack. Aiding and abbetting, maybe conspiracy. They would have to increase the size of the cell at Gitmo to provide enough room for his big 'ol noggin.

HAHAHAHAHAHA it makes you wonder eh?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    bryanfury wrote:
    maybe he knows something we don't....

or he's fuckin crazy. i didn;t know God could talk. isn't that something only humans do?
    Awesome name... I always thought of myself as a Nina Williams kinda person, until Asuka showed up in the 5th game.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/02/robertson.predictions.ap/index.html

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that President Bush would easily win re-election.

Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

In 2005, Robertson predicted that Bush would have victory after victory in his second term. He said Social Security reform proposals would be approved and Bush would nominate conservative judges to federal courts.

Lawmakers confirmed Bush's 2005 nominations of John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court. But the president's Social Security initiative was stalled.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006.

Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wish this guy would just go away. He doesn't seem like the type of guy I read about in the bible of whom God would talk to. I mean, Jesus hung out with addicts and prostitutes, yet also decides to speak to the biggest evangelical leader in the US. Doesn't make sense to me...

too bad God stopped talking with humans directly thousands of years ago...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    last night god told me he was just bullshitting pat roberson for a good laugh.
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    too bad God stopped talking with humans directly thousands of years ago...

Yet another reason why I think organized religion is stupid. Why would god, who seemed so chatty in the bible, suddenly decide he's said enough and we're left to carry on without his ongoing wisdom and guidance? That seems like a silly thing for him to do.
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    Yet another reason why I think organized religion is stupid. Why would god, who seemed so chatty in the bible, suddenly decide he's said enough and we're left to carry on without his ongoing wisdom and guidance? That seems like a silly thing for him to do.
    Well, God always only talked to a few select people, abraham, moses, noah, the prophets.

I guess if Pat thinks God talks to him, he fashions himself as a prophet too.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Wasn't this the same guy that said he could leg press 2,000 pounds?
    I don't take anything this guy has to say too seriously.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    i don't think there is a god.

but if there is, and he/she/it talks to people, i hope it's the homeless guy that everyone thinks is crazy.
    He does. He talks to a bum that lives in the white house.
  • Options
    The Kingdom of Heaven (AP) -- In an exclusive interview just outside the Pearly Gates, God admitted that he does "speak" to televangelist Pat Robertson, but that he's "totally screwing with the guy".

The Almighty(aka Yaweh, Allah, Eric Clapton) admitted today to playing a running prank on Robertson wherein God thinks up "the craziest shit possible" and then communicates the message to Robertson in hopes that he will relay to the millions of Americans who make up his radio/tv audience.

"It started off as a thing between me and St. Peter", God stated. "I'd think of the most wacked-out stuff for Robertson to say. I'd manifest myself to him, do the shining light, the booming echoing voice in his head, the whole bit. He never failed. I told him that 9-11 was the fault of the homosexuals and abortionists, and bang, he was on tv the next day repeating it. I couldn't believe it. Peter kept upping the ante. It gradually progressed to threatning biblical retribution for teaching evolution in public schools, calling for the assasination of foreign leaders, etc. I even gave him the strength to leg press 1500 lbs., just to keep him on the line. Duuuuude! I'm so fucking with his head!!! He's such a tool, though. He totally deserves it, the douchebag."
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 465
    qtegirl wrote:
    Awesome name... I always thought of myself as a Nina Williams kinda person, until Asuka showed up in the 5th game.

my dj name. i used to whip ass with him :)
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    robertson is a piece of trash

i used to like him around 1983
    he sucks now
  • Options
    NCfanNCfan Posts: 945
    know1 wrote:
    I've long since stopped paying any heed to anything Pat Robertson says.

So has the rest of the world. Why in the hell does the media keep amplifying this guy? It's so fucking irresponsible... the media is just terrrible.
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    So has the rest of the world. Why in the hell does the media keep amplifying this guy? It's so fucking irresponsible... the media is just terrrible.

The media 'amplifies' him because he's a nationally recognized evangelist with millions of followers around the world. It's not 'the media's' fault that Pat Robertson is crazy, nor is it 'the media's' fault that people inexplicably believe what he says.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • Options
    NCfan wrote:
    Don't discount Robertson's influence. He doesn't get the millions needed to keep his creepy television station going from God or Jesus. That money comes from American citizens that believe what he has to say.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I used the watch the 700 Club when I was about 7 y/o - that's a while ago, btw.

My mom used to come in the room a turn off the tv. She said I couldn't watch it because he was a protestant and we were catholic

Thanks mom.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Uncle Leo wrote:
    Anyone think it is good that he said this? Maybe the "terror community" will not attack the United States out of spite.

"Let's show those idiot Christian Americans that their religious leaders are buffoons. No attack in 2007. Let's put some egg on this clown's face."
    if it works...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Does God only talk to crazy people? I remember when He told Oral Roberts that if he didn't raise 10 million dollars... He (God) would kill Oral.
    Then, there's that homeless guy on Fairfax that says he gets direct orders from God.
    Maybe it's a good thing God doesn't talk to me... I don't want Him to hold me hostage... or be homeless.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    jeffbr wrote:
    I'd love to read one person on this board step up to defend him. I've never met anybody who doesn't think Pat has his head up his ass.

I had the distinguished honor of meeting Pat Robertson. He seemed like a down to earth solid guy. He had just chartered a Lear 35 and ....Aw fuck it the guy is just nuts isn’t he

And yeah, god forbid he gets lucky on one of those predictions…
  • Options
    I had the distinguished honor of meeting Pat Robertson. He seemed like a down to earth solid guy. He had just chartered a Lear 35 and ....Aw fuck it the guy is just nuts isn’t he

And yeah, god forbid he gets lucky on one of those predictions…

Hah, you had me going for about 2 seconds!