Options

North American Union

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
edited August 2006 in A Moving Train
The purpose of this post is because I was wondering who here are aware of the proposed North American Union?

Lou Dobbs is the only guy who reported it on mainstream news but those videos were pulled by CNN (these have been reloaded by concerned citizens)

http://www.youtube.com/v/ensmPJm5B5A

http://www.youtube.com/v/QAeEc23_7Ig

The idea was cooked up by the CFR. You can get the document here.
http://www.cfr.org/publication/8102/

CFR Towards a North American Community (I can't link to the pdf document but you can get the english version right under the pic.)

And of course our politicians went along with it. http://www.spp.gov.

They have also created a North American Investment Fund
From what I deduce, this is a way to pump money into mexicos economy from the US taxpayer. I have to ask why? That combined with providing for "the flow of goods and PEOPLE" as proposed by the CFR ("people" meaning illegals to compete for our job) and don't forget all the tax breaks our government is giving to companies that sell out and go over seas. This is all done to get us on one currency. Check out the author of the CFR document Robert A Pastors book Toward a North American Community: Lessons from the Old World for the New
Read through the book review. Do you see the part about "a unified currency"?

I'm sure you guys know about the REAL ID act so I won't go into that but I would also like to bring up the site http://www.nascocorridor.com This highway is a very big deal. Meaning more "free" trade agreements, American property being taken away by Immenent Domain, etc.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts are on this? It is just so strange to me that this isn't on the front page of our newspaper instead of up and coming football stuff or the Ramsey case. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'd be for cutting up the US before expanding it....
  • Options
    If you think that the federal goverment is big now, imagine how big it will be if this does happen. I thought that republicans were against big goverment?
  • Options
    If you think that the federal goverment is big now, imagine how big it will be if this does happen. I thought that republicans were against big goverment?

You didn't get that memo? Big government apparently is the only hope left. Republicans have been converted.
  • Options
    You didn't get that memo? Big government apparently is the only hope left. Republicans have been converted.

all the more reason not to trust any of these aholes. They do a great job of creating mass confusion. its very frustrating.
  • Options
    all the more reason not to trust any of these aholes. They do a great job of creating mass confusion. its very frustrating.

The best way to avoid confusion is to avoid their conflicting principles. Let those who wish to live their lives on contradiction to do so. Just try not to get attached ;)
  • Options
    So we will finally be Americans... will finally live the american dream... can't wait.

Seriously a union can't pass without citizens vote, politicians are yapping their mouth but there's nothing they can do to change political frontier without going to polls or without getting any kind of international recognition. This is a megalomaniac fantasy, and we're lead by these kind of idiots right now, could go into the toilet as soon as we get rid of those "politicians" and replace them with real one.

Economic union won't change anything to the current situation, so if this union turns out to be an economic union, just let them play, just prove how they're working for corporation and not for the people... once again.
    "L'homme est né libre, et partout il est dans les fers"
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    So we will finally be Americans... will finally live the american dream... can't wait.

Seriously a union can't pass without citizens vote, politicians are yapping their mouth but there's nothing they can do to change political frontier without going to polls or without getting any kind of international recognition. This is a megalomaniac fantasy, and we're lead by these kind of idiots right now, could go into the toilet as soon as we get rid of those "politicians" and replace them with real one.

Economic union won't change anything to the current situation, so if this union turns out to be an economic union, just let them play, just prove how they're working for corporation and not for the people... once again.

The Europeans did it, so its possible.
  • Options
    The Europeans did it, so its possible.

they vote on it... french voted no, dutch voted no.... they did not change countries at all, the same kind of union in North america would be the nafta

edit: Nafta and Norad are more like the north american version of European Union, i don't know all the details, if they want that, then they don't have to send us to polls, if they want a more enlarge unions, then they should start informing peoples now (instead of keeping this secrets, which will bring suspicion etc) and an opposition will be formed, then we'll hear the pros and cons and will go to the polls... if if if if :)
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    they vote on it... french voted no, dutch voted no.... they did not change countries at all, the same kind of union in North america would be the nafta

I know that the constitution is one thing they have yet to approve but tey did agree on one currency and that is one of the points in the article above. For the EU its a start and i think it will be only a matter of time
  • Options
    I know that the constitution is one thing they have yet to approve but tey did agree on one currency and that is one of the points in the article above. For the EU its a start and i think it will be only a matter of time

i'm all ok with that, if it's open and debate is possible, not hidden and profiting only those who are leading the way, european union was not a hidden thing. One currency in North America could be good, as long as it's a new one and not everyone taking the USA currency.

If the union is more like thea european union, then it would be fun to watch the debate, but we'd still have to go to the polls.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    i'm all ok with that, if it's open and debate is possible, not hidden and profiting only those who are leading the way, european union was not a hidden thing. One currency in North America could be good, as long as it's a new one and not everyone taking the USA currency.

If the union is more like thea european union, then it would be fun to watch the debate, but we'd still have to go to the polls.

It could fix the immigration problem for the southwest US. Instead of all the illigal immigrants from Mexico and central america comming into the US they would just stay in Mexico. And ultimately Mexico will be the one with the immigration problem not the US.
  • Options
    It could fix the immigration problem for the southwest US. Instead of all the illigal immigrants from Mexico and central america comming into the US they would just stay in Mexico. And ultimately Mexico will be the one with the immigration problem not the US.

Maybe turning it from a problem to a correct thing would be the thing to do, not moving the problem to the next country. Europe have already made immigration more easy for African immigration, so maybe a Union could settle the problem, but i don't know enough to know what's in these union talks.

I would really like to see the political debate over this North American Union, it's been around for a while now, but nothing seem to be official or real, they should make that union public so it won't be turned into an imperialist (or colonialist) conspiracy of some sort, as it seem to be the case right now.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Maybe turning it from a problem to a correct thing would be the thing to do, not moving the problem to the next country. Europe have already made immigration more easy for African immigration, so maybe a Union could settle the problem, but i don't know enough to know what's in these union talks.

I would really like to see the political debate over this North American Union, it's been around for a while now, but nothing seem to be official or real, they should make that union public so it won't be turned into an imperialist (or colonialist) conspiracy of some sort, as it seem to be the case right now.
    A plus for Quebec and Canada is that this would be the obvious time to recognize Nationhood for Quebec. Time to give Quebec not necessarily a larger voice at the table but a more formal one.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options

A agree man, this needs to be discussed in the open. Right now it seems like a big cover up or hidden agenda. I am sure that there are positives and negatives for all parties involved. But if we are left out in the dark, it doesn't seem too fair at all.
  • Options
    surferdude wrote:
    A plus for Quebec and Canada is that this would be the obvious time to recognize Nationhood for Quebec. Time to give Quebec not necessarily a larger voice at the table but a more formal one.

that's why i'd be curious to hear or/and read more, if it would be like you said, then yes it would be one good thing about this union. Again... if if if if , we definitly don't know enough (well I don't know enough) to have a fair debate over this issue.

Could make Nafta a past thing, Norad a more relevant military entity, common currency more relevant, borders more secure (even erase border control, as in some Europe frontier), three languages learning in school (cultural benefit). In the end i think many good thing could come out of this, i'm sure there's also bad stuffs like the lost of soverignty for the weaker economy, the lost of recognition for "first nation" (including the Mayas, innus etc). Anyway plenty of If.
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    Thinking the unthinkable about Canada’s future

by Geoff Olson

July 19, 2006
    Common Ground

In the eye-opening film Hoodwinked: The Myth of Free Trade, former Liberal prime minister John Turner reflects on the mid-’80s battle over the North American Free Trade Agreement. After a famous heated exchange with Brian Mulroney, Turner lost the battle for Canadian hearts and minds on the divisive trade issue – and their votes in the process.

Turner reflects on how, unlike most politicians, he had read the actual NAFTA agreement. After discovering an absence of binding agreements on such things as monopolies, antidumping, and labour standards, he decided the document had more to do with investment than “free trade.”

Cut to 20 years later. Iconic Canadian institutions like Hudson’s Bay and the Laurentian Hotel chain have disappeared into the deep pockets of foreign investors. Provincially, it’s more of the same. Texas-based Kinder Morgan owns BC’s gas delivery system. One third of the operations and services of BC Hydro, our most profitable public company, has been outsourced to Bermuda-based Accenture. The BC Medical Services Plan and Pharmacare are in the hands of American firms. The CEO of the privatized BC Ferries hails from the US, where he presided as vice-president of Covanta Energy, which filed for bankruptcy protection in 2001.
    Neo-conservative apologists in academia and media continue to applaud the high levels of direct foreign investment, federally and provincially, even though the bulk of it is in takeovers and acquisitions. Foreign direct investment has more than doubled in Canada since 1990. The Ontario governments’ website boasts that “Canada puts no restrictions on the repatriation of capital or profit by foreign investors – one of the reasons the country attracts a high level of foreign investment.” ....

too long article, continue here:
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=OLS20060719&articleId=2761
    -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
  • Options
    So what does everyone think? Is this a possibility?
  • Options
    sourdoughsourdough Posts: 579
    Not in a formal sense ala EU. Canadians would not accept it. Any government that trid to put this forward would be voted out without hesitation. Economically, we are already here.
  • Options

Yes it's a possibility. One that is probably 2 or 3 generations away.