Options

oh, 'liberal', how far you have fallen

2»

Comments

• Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    El_Kabong wrote:
    it's a pretty sad state...do you even realize that many of you have become nothing more than a cliche of closed mindedness? many of you have become exactly what you said you hated about bush supporters how some of you attack anyone who doesn't like 'your guy' and put down everyone who didn't vote for him by calling them names like 'paultards'....yet, i don't call you sheeple just following along even though that's exactly what some of you are

you're acting like little children

Actually, what I have seen (from my friends and acquaintances) is the opposite. Obama supporters (before and after the election) have been called "sheep", "hopeful changers", "ignorant" and "idiots" and so on and so on.

I voted after a lot of research and careful consideration. I didn't vote for Obama because my husband did--he voted for McCain, actually.

I understand that there has been some name-calling on here with regard to McCain supporters, but please don't lump all us "liberals" together. I really don't discuss politics and NOT because I am too much of a wussy. It just seems like a ridiculous debate to have. I feel the way I do after the experiences I have had, and those ideas won't be changed by hearing someone else's views, and theirs not by hearing mine. I can respect how a "conservative" feels and thinks, but it doesn't mean that my side is "BAD".

I do realize that you said "some, many, etc.". :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    El_Kabong wrote:
    it's a pretty sad state...do you even realize that many of you have become nothing more than a cliche of closed mindedness? many of you have become exactly what you said you hated about bush supporters how some of you attack anyone who doesn't like 'your guy' and put down everyone who didn't vote for him by calling them names like 'paultards'....yet, i don't call you sheeple just following along even though that's exactly what some of you are

you're acting like little children

Thats why when Mccain gave his concession speech, the audience booed him for mentioning Obama, and when Kerry lost, nobody booed him for saying Bush.

OK
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Thats why when Mccain gave his concession speech, the audience booed him for mentioning Obama, and when Kerry lost, nobody booed him for saying Bush.

OK

I think El Kebong's point is that the Republicans have been acting like this for 8 years, and that the liberals would not stoop to that level like they have been lately.

I think it is CRAZY to think liberals haven't blindly followed the Democratic agenda like the Bushies followed the Republican agenda.
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    brandon10 wrote:
    Well, while you may think the left has fallen, I think it has finally risen.

Now is OUR time to get behind OUR president and push him and motivate him to fulfill OUR goals. I'd say there is far more opportunity for us now than there ever has been.

ok, all i'm saying is there's no need to be so mean spirited and dismissive of any other view or candidate, the way ppl's reactions have changed just b/c i am just as critical of obama as i was bush for nearly 8 years (which, incidentally, they all loved) is ridicuolous and petty.

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of right."

- Thomas Paine
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    mammasan wrote:
    The problem is not that people support Obama, McCain, or Paul. The problem is blind support. I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm not going to dismiss his supporters or his plans and policies simply because i didn't vote for him. I'm going to hear him out and give him the chance he deserves. I will judge him based on his performance and I would have done the same had McCain been elected. There are to many people in this country, on either side, who just write off the candidate simply because they have a difference of opinion. That to me is ignorance. Saying that supporters of a certain politicians are the equivalent of an intellectual STD is the climax of ignorance and stupidity and illustrates the problem with the electorate in this country. They are so wrapped up in "winning" that they will never entertain any idea that is not generated from their team. All sides of politics have something to offer and until we get past hyper-partisanship we will never be able to have a government that works for the people because we will be too busy fighting each other to pay much attention to the actions in Washington.

exactly! i liked paul on certain things but some things i didn't, so i didn't support him while you and others did but whats the point of saying 'god, mammasan, you're such a fucking idiot for liking paul!' paul has a lot of good ideas, only ppl w/ huge egos think they know it all instead of having to work together, that's exactly why things sucked w/ bush b/c it wasn't a balance but is there really ever?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Does it matter that people in his cabinet are pro iraq war? Blindly follow Israel?
    Why have advisors at all? It doesnt matter right?

Israel does not want the US to make peace with Iran, Israel does not even want America to talk to Iran. Connect the dots.

But sure, Obama will talk to Iran, make it look like they tried, then Bomb Iran anyway because Israel wants it. But hey, at least Obama talked first.

and obama doesn't want to ask israel to talk to palestine and he won't talk to hamas even tho a poll by Haaretz showed that 64% of Israelis favored "direct negotiations with Hamas." and Eric Alterman summarized numerous polls in a December 2007 issue of The Nation magazine showing that AIPAC policies are opposed by a majority of Jewish-Americans.
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    MrBrian wrote:
    Address the reason for the bitching. Speak about the issues.

People are bringing up valid points and valid concerns. Then you come in and dont really address them, just complain, then accuse others of just bitching.

it's more the nasty attitude that they hated so much from the bush supporters

and to be fair there are some obama supporters here who are honest and say 'yeah, i disagree w/ obama on that but overall i think he's the better choice' instead of suddenly acting like they are no longer issues like suddenly liking the patriot act and nuclear power and it's waste
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    about what? the first post was nonsense. Paultards??? Sorry for whoever said that, I guess.

why do you focus on just 'paultards'???

it's the whole attitude, the whole condenscension towards anyone who doesn't support obama and how they look down their noses at anyone other candidate and belittle them and their supporters w/ petty insults

it's a narrow view of 'i'm right and everyone else is wrong and stupid'
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,673
    El_Kabong wrote:
    and obama doesn't want to ask israel to talk to palestine and he won't talk to hamas even tho a poll by Haaretz showed that 64% of Israelis favored "direct negotiations with Hamas." and Eric Alterman summarized numerous polls in a December 2007 issue of The Nation magazine showing that AIPAC policies are opposed by a majority of Jewish-Americans.

And more Israelis are critical of their own Israeli government and a number are even refusing to serve in the army.

Yet Obama and company backs Israeli actions 100% and are never critical.
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    Actually, what I have seen (from my friends and acquaintances) is the opposite. Obama supporters (before and after the election) have been called "sheep", "hopeful changers", "ignorant" and "idiots" and so on and so on.

I voted after a lot of research and careful consideration. I didn't vote for Obama because my husband did--he voted for McCain, actually.

I understand that there has been some name-calling on here with regard to McCain supporters, but please don't lump all us "liberals" together. I really don't discuss politics and NOT because I am too much of a wussy. It just seems like a ridiculous debate to have. I feel the way I do after the experiences I have had, and those ideas won't be changed by hearing someone else's views, and theirs not by hearing mine. I can respect how a "conservative" feels and thinks, but it doesn't mean that my side is "BAD".

I do realize that you said "some, many, etc.". :)

i understand and i know some are honest in their support for obama, but there are also others (who i was refering to) that are just nasty towards nader and paul supporters and belittle those men and all who support them
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options

OK

ok what??? i'm taling about NOW

mccain supporters were as ignorant and mean-spirited and condescending as some obama supporters, shalli bake you some cookies?
    standin above the crowd
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    El_Kabong wrote:
    ok what??? i'm taling about NOW

mccain supporters were as ignorant and mean-spirited and condescending as some obama supporters, shalli bake you some cookies?

I'm pretty sure this is now. I doubt that people who agree with change and accept a "black" as our president vs people down south who are mostly ignorant and can't accept changes are equally ignorant.

Anyway, I'll take some peanut butter cookies please :)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    What the hell is a "paultard"?
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    What the hell is a "paultard"?

A Ron Paul supporter.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    A Ron Paul supporter.