Options

It's Storytime! Weddings and Pearl Jam

venmosvenmos Posts: 29
edited June 2008 in The Porch
This is a "I shit you not, honest to god", true story!

My dad, who has now retired, was telling me the other week, after yet another PJ poster came through the post for me, that he got a chance to see the band play a private, live gig in Seattle a couple of years ago. Naturally I was like "Tell me more!". Turns out his boss, Rob Glazer, who owned the company Real Networks, was from Seattle and a big Pearl Jam fan, and had paid for them to play at his wedding a couple of years ago! So my dad had received an invitation for all of us to go over to the states to the wedding and see Pearl Jam play as well.

I was like FUCKKKKKKKK!

Why didnt we go? Hell knows, I only found out about it the other week. Needless to say me=bummed. I guess it was down to the fact that it was like 3000 miles to go to a wedding. Still, I would have done it if I'd known about it at the time, even though I didnt even know the guy or his wife.

Anyone else got any similar stories like this? Or was anyone actually somehow there?

...I wonder what the poster would have looked like? :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    stonemadstonemad Posts: 46
    that cant be right, pearl jam dont play weddings
    ".....it sounded like flying.....to me......"
  • Options
    Its not like they were in the church or anything. It was the afterparty if I remember right. Anyway, I speak the truth my friend and they probably got a lotttt of money for it.
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    The gospel according to Five Horizons:

01/26/02 - Spin Alley Bowling Center: Shoreline, WA (Ed and C-Average appear at a private party) [90m]
    attendance: 150
    set: [solo acoustic] Heaven (Talking Heads), Drifting, You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Last Kiss, Satellite (new), Elderly Woman, I Don't Wanna Grow Up (Tom Waits), Better Man, Happy Birthday (to Rob Glaser)
    [electric set] Watch Outside, Running Out of Time, Driven to Tears, Love -> Building on Fire, Corduroy, The Kids Are Alright, Soldier of Love, Against the 70s, I Don't Wanna Grow Up (Tom Waits)
    notes: On the occasion of Rob Glaser's (CEO of Real Networks) 40th birthday, Ed performs a solo acoustic set, including a new song, followed by a set with C-Average. Inside sources report the following: "Ed and Rob Glaser are good friends, going back to their mutual involvement in the West Memphis Three case. Ed sang the entire set alone first, with Jon and Brad of C-Average joining him later ... at which point he invited everyone to commence bowling as he said: 'You guys can keep bowling, but I'm just going to play a few more songs, if you don't mind.' Ed also sang 'happy birthday' to Rob and gave Rob the ukulele. He was wearing jeans, a tan shirt and a fedora, he said when Ed took the fedora off he had like a mohawk or something that resembled it. It was originally only supposed to be one set but it ended up being two."
  • Options
    Aha, I knew it happened! 6 years ago, damn. Guess my dad got mixed up over it being his wedding as oppposed to his birthday. Still, thats some pretty cool birthday shenanigans right there. Damn, wish we'd gone.
  • Options
    venmos wrote:
    This is a "I shit you not, honest to god", true story!

My dad, who has now retired, was telling me the other week, after yet another PJ poster came through the post for me, that he got a chance to see the band play a private, live gig in Seattle a couple of years ago. Naturally I was like "Tell me more!". Turns out his boss, Rob Glazer, who owned the company Real Networks, was from Seattle and a big Pearl Jam fan, and had paid for them to play at his wedding a couple of years ago! So my dad had received an invitation for all of us to go over to the states to the wedding and see Pearl Jam play as well.

I was like FUCKKKKKKKK!

Why didnt we go? Hell knows, I only found out about it the other week. Needless to say me=bummed. I guess it was down to the fact that it was like 3000 miles to go to a wedding. Still, I would have done it if I'd known about it at the time, even though I didnt even know the guy or his wife.

Anyone else got any similar stories like this? Or was anyone actually somehow there?

...I wonder what the poster would have looked like? :D
    kill your daddy!!!:D
    "You're the eve of my destruction in the garden of fears"