Options

Mansfield

mookie10mookie10 Posts: 41
edited June 2008 in The Porch
So my friend and I are headed to Mansfield 1 and will arrive Friday night we will have friday night and saturday day before the show. We are from new brunswick canada and not familiar with the area. Can anyone tell me of any attractions around the area, or ideas for things to do? Obviously there is the pre party show, but I mean something to do before that? I checked online but Im not really finding much
"Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but dont sell me there can't be better ways"
~Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    well if you wanted to head on over to Foxboro and see where the Patriots play, there's a Bass Pro Shops you could good around in...maybe pick up a crossbow and fire some t-shirts at Mike!!! :D
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    riffrandallriffrandall Posts: 685
    mookie10 wrote:
    So my friend and I are headed to Mansfield 1 and will arrive Friday night we will have friday night and saturday day before the show. We are from new brunswick canada and not familiar with the area. Can anyone tell me of any attractions around the area, or ideas for things to do? Obviously there is the pre party show, but I mean something to do before that? I checked online but Im not really finding much

There is nothing at all to do in Mansfield. Your best bet would be to drive down to Providence & stay close to or in the city, that will be a little cheaper than staying in Boston proper. Saturday before the show you could either drive to the shore or you could stay in Providence & have lunch on the water.
    Providence is not a bad place to hang for a few nights. But seriously, nothing happens in Mansfield. At all.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    I'm having the same problem . . .Gotta figure out what I'll be doing.
  • Options
    if you have all day saturday free then i highly suggest you take the commuter train in to boston. it's cheap/easy/safe/etc. spending a no-show day in mansfield really isn't an option.
    who history does not teach it makes numb
  • Options
    mookie10mookie10 Posts: 41
    Can you give me more details about the commuter train? We are staying at the Red roof inn in Mansfield. Can you tell me how far this train would be from there and once we are in boston what we would be close to.
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but dont sell me there can't be better ways"
    ~Pearl Jam
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    mookie10 wrote:
    Can you give me more details about the commuter train? We are staying at the Red roof inn in Mansfield. Can you tell me how far this train would be from there and once we are in boston what we would be close to.

http://www.mbta.com has all the schedules and locations of the train stations.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    mookie10 wrote:

no idea how far the red roof is from the commuter rail station but it can't be too far (mansfield aint that big). you can park at the station for super cheap. the train takes you into the heart of downtown (south station). from there you're a short walk/subway ride to everything.
    who history does not teach it makes numb
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    Newport, Rhode Island is not far away.
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    grubbagrubba Posts: 44
    iTs called coles tavern.. colestavern.com awsome friday nights outdoor patio bocce ball horsehoes great people will be busy..

its 15 minutes tops from tweeter ctr

495 north to exit 17 I belive "KING STREET" left off exit to blinking yellow light and is on right at blinking light

highly recomend
    Lay down your'e arms and surrender to me...It must have been the devil